Pally's in PvP??

I play as Holy in PvE, and I really want to start trying to get into PvP. But I am not sure what to go in PvP, stay Holy or go Ret and smash face? I am not sure tho how Ret is now and how it is looking in the future..any thoughts or comments? Thanks!

Ret ain't too good, 2.2 viable of course but almost every spec is. You need to be pretty good and have good team mates if you want to do decent. Thats arena PoV btw.

Bgs, do whatever you feel like.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Ret ain't too good, 2.2 viable of course but almost every spec is. You need to be pretty good and have good team mates if you want to do decent. Thats arena PoV btw.

Bgs, do whatever you feel like.
    Ya, I wanna do Arenas, but my friends arnt Arena bitches and just wanna do BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking you can get much further (like 400-500) rating as a warrior, feral druid or rogue in arena for the same effort as you would with a ret paladin.

This is due to all the weaknesses & design failures that ret has with things like RNG, offensive dispels, kiting etc... (WOW was never really meant to be a PVP game & it was only added as an after thought)

If you want to play a paladin & get to decent ratings iyou will want to play as holy, that is unless you vastly out gear & out skill 99.99999999% of the population & are being carried by similarly skilled & geared people. (even Vanguards openly admits it)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.