Question Getting new laptop for a present - wondering if it can run TOR.

Hi guys. As the title might suggest, I'm going to get a laptop for an early Christmas present that more or less is going to be around the 20th, and I'm wondering if it's going to be able to handle The Old Republic.

It's not a gaming laptop by any means, and I wouldn't mind playing on a mixture of low and medium settings, because I'll be getting money saved up for a better gaming desktop around the end of January.

Anyway, here are the specs!

Processor & Memory:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor 2.4GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz)
    3MB L3 Cache
    8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM

Drives:
    750GB (5400 RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    Blu-Ray Combo Drive

Operating System:
    Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Graphics & Video:
    17.3” LED HD Display (1600 x 900)
    16:9 Aspect Ratio
    Intel® HD Graphics 3000

probably, but with low fps due to the graphics card.

even at low some of the newer games run at 10-20 fps

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-...n.43710.0.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, you don't even have a graphics card to run games. The intel 3000 series is from the CPU. It can't really do more than watch youtube videos and do the basic things. If you want to play games get a laptop with a GPU atleast.

SWTOR is pretty heavy game, well compared to wow (8 year old game..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Deleted
    Running swtor on my laptop, but using MSI GT683R. Runs fine on highest settings.

Deleted
    Do yourself a favour and get a gfx card. Don't have to get the latest, most expensive one but anything will be better than that integrated crap which will be an absolute nightmare for gaming

It will run just fine. Don't expect better than low quality, but the framerates will be in the 20-40 range. I play on a similar setup, though less powerful. I3, 4 gigs ram, Intel HD 3k.

Deleted
    a friend has an laptop with kind of the same specs ... WoW (yes i know this is a SWTOR post, just need something to compare) on very very very low settings runs with about 10 fps in 10man raid situations ...
    if you want to play games with a laptop you should try to get one with nvidia or amd graphics ... those intel onboard crap doesn't suit gaming.

Never. Ever. Ever. Get a laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-08622ZU...dp_ob_title_ce

Here's a relatively cheap one that will play SW:TOR on high settings at ~30 fps, or medium settings at ~50 fps. (My laptop)