Deleted

Jedi Guardian for DPS PVP!

Hey everyone, just registered, hoping you will share your knowledge with me :-)

The thing is, I've just started playing SWTOR today, and I'm standing at a crossroads in figuring out what class to actually play. I really want a strong saber-class for PvP damage, and so I think I'll just be boring a choose a Jedi like everyone else.

Now, you can specialize and be a Sentinel (two sabers) or a Guardian (one). My understanding is that Sentinel is damage pve / damage pvp spec, while guardian is tank pve / tank pvp spec. Is this too simplified? Will I be able to deal good (burst) damage as a guardian in PvP, or is it definitively a compromise in this regard?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to just play with one saber, since I'm guessing that almost all Jedi PvP players will run around with two, you know. It'd just be cool to not feel like a clone

Hope you can help me out fast so I can specialize!

Thanks guys

Deleted
    If anything, Sentinels are the least popular of the Jedi AC's.

Go sentinel, I've seen so many guardians so far

Deleted
    Really? Maybe I'm just plain wrong on that one. Is this also the case in BGs from your experience?

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 11:04 AM ----------

Still, I'd really like to know if the Guardian is just a plain bad choice for DPS-focused PvP if anyone knows!