Deleted

Is the imperial agetn story good?

Im considering rolling one when i buy the game and i am double minded betweet the IA and the BH. If the story for IA is good im rolling one fo sho.

All the class stories are good. I'm sorry, I know that's an unhelpful answer, but from my time playing the game I have to say there wasn't a single class story I didn't absolutely love.

Imperial Agent is all about being a spy, assassinating people, finding out secret stuff, seducing women. Bounty Hunter is all about being a Mandalorian Badass and participating in the Great Hunt. Pick the one that suits you best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it until lvl 10 and was quite nice.
    did have some problems with DS/LS options though, some were quite confusing.

edit: was actually 2 quests shared between BH and IA.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play it and see if you like it. A bit of trial and error doesn't hurt. I personally like the BH more but thats after I spent a couple of levels on both.

Deleted
    I played one to 20 in beta and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately my guild wants me to carry on tanking in TOR (which I also enjoy) so I had to leave it.

If you fancy a sniper don't be put off by the cover mechanic its very easy to play with and manipulate!

"Borntobe
    did have some problems with DS/LS options though, some were quite confusing."

Borntobe has it spot on! While the DS/LS works for most it really falls flat with the IA in the sense that you are playing a much deeper and shrewd intellectual.

Spoiler ahead!

Biggest example for me was the end of BT where there is an option to let the general live or kill him. Naturally been the IA I wanted to capture him alive and interrogate him before executing him for treason to the empire (this way the empire gets republic information as well). But alas for doing this I was given Light Side points to which my Sith colleagues scoffed at me cause they wanted to just lightsaber his face off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    I played one to 20 in beta and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately my guild wants me to carry on tanking in TOR (which I also enjoy) so I had to leave it.

If you fancy a sniper don't be put off by the cover mechanic its very easy to play with and manipulate!

"Borntobe

Borntobe has it spot on! While the DS/LS works for most it really falls flat with the IA in the sense that you are playing a much deeper and shrewd intellectual.

Spoiler ahead!

Biggest example for me was the end of BT where there is an option to let the general live or kill him. Naturally been the IA I wanted to capture him alive and interrogate him before executing him for treason to the empire (this way the empire gets republic information as well). But alas for doing this I was given Light Side points to which my Sith colleagues scoffed at me cause they wanted to just lightsaber his face off.
    Haters gonna hate, you won the roll to talk.
    Im also rolling Light side mostly. (but im also a womanizer for the fun of it )

Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post

"Borntobe

Spoiler ahead!

Another option with DS/LS is to pick up diplomacy. You can earn extra DS/LS with that mission skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm somewhere on dormund kass, proberbly a bit past the middle of the class questline. Its fun todying up to my sith masters. I'm playing a sadist who'll futher the cause of the empire any way possible, possible traitors are killed. I may go off the dark path to gain the affection of certain companions, but darkness shall be the friend for this sniper. lightside is a better way to serve the empire though, it just makes the masters angry.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

I am playing a fully LS female Sniper and loving it

Often the LS option seems to be the more "IA" thing to do anyway (i.e. capture rather than kill).

As someone already said, all the stories look great, but the IA appealed to me months ago and stuck with it.

Now, whether you pick Sniper or Oppo is a whole other can of worms

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    I am playing a fully LS female Sniper and loving it

Often the LS option seems to be the more "IA" thing to do anyway (i.e. capture rather than kill).

As someone already said, all the stories look great, but the IA appealed to me months ago and stuck with it.

Now, whether you pick Sniper or Oppo is a whole other can of worms
    I heard sniper is booring, and i know that Operative is more versatile so im going for Operative.

Deleted
    I'm going to ruin this thread!

I'm playing An IA and have been grouped with a BH since the first 2+ heroic quest, and as we were playing together, I'm able to eavesdrop on almost all his class quests (and he mine) so I've been experiencing both at the same time. The IA story (minor spoiler: highlight to see) is about pitting 2 rival gangs against each-other undercover while pinning it on the Republic, the BH is about (another spoiler: highlight to see) hunting down marks for the hutts until you go off-world to seek greater glory.

If story is what you are interested in, then get a friend who is playing the _other_ class, and pick the one you like because of their mechanics. Then share the story between you as you play together.

BTW, that's only the stuff you see in the first 10 levels. I don't know how the story enfolds beyond Hutta, yet.

I played it a bit during the beta and enjoyed it.

Deleted
    I made an IA up to lvl 17 in the Beta and I thought that the story was great would definately reccomend it.