Deleted

BOE Greens and Character Name Change

Hey there, long time MMO Champ reader first time poster Have played various MMO's over the years, played WoW since the start of WOTLK and am now playing SWTOR as well. Anyway enough of the boring stuff, i have a a couple of questions was hoping someone could help me with.

1st concerns BOE items, greens, blues etc. Are these useful for something if i won't be using them on my character? Ie in WoW they can be disenchanted. Have heard of something called 'reverse engineering' i think that might use them but not sure. Just wondering if i should be keeping the boe's i am finding and putting on AH (sorry, GTN i think? ) or can i happily keep vendoring them?

2nd question i have is regarding name change. I realise with the game only just released they aren't going to have anything like this in place atm, but has anyone seen/ read anything about possible premium services, such as charcter name change, server change etc? Reason i ask is when i got in the name i wanted was taken on the server i wanted to play on. So i just put a 'lol' on the end as i wanted to get in game quickly. Now the name i wanted has become free (guessing person deleted their character with that name, typical! ^^) and i'm torn between starting again with the name i want or pushing on and hoping for a name change service. I had heard there are things called 'name change tokens' in the game but not sure if they are for companions only.

Thanks for any help

1) You can reverse engineer some items, related to the trade skill you have chosen. For example Biochem will only be able to 'reverse engineer (read: disenchant)' medpacks, stims etc. You can always send BoE's to alts, and rare/epic BoE's you could sell on the auction house.

2) Nothing much is known on this at this point, but seeing as it is a rather common trend in mmorpgs I would be surprised if Bioware did not implement these features at least at some point.

1. BoE's et al:

Once you've got a crafting crew skill, you'll be able to reverse engineer anything that you would be able to craft but clicking the little icon in your inventory (top right) and then right-clicking the item. What I mean by 'able to craft' is, if you have Synthweaving, you will be able to craft Strength and Willpower gear and, thusly, you'll be able to reverse engineer them -- likewise, if you have Armourmech (English spelling ftw) you'll be able to 'RE' Cunning and Aim gear.

Alternatively, you could just stick them on the GTN... most stuff I can't RE, I just vendor as I'm a lazy sod.

2. Name changes:

As far as I'm aware, there are no account services in place at the moment insofar as name changes, faction, server, etc... I'd assume that BW will add them in the future but it's anyone's guess, really... if you're still sub level 15, jsut reroll! I have several times as I've grown tired of the male #4 body xD

3. Welcome to MMOC

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget to gear out your companions.

The crafting reference I use I found by googling "swtor crafting guide," first link. I'd highly recommend reading it. That page details everything about crafting skills and how they work, including reverse engineering.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2011-12-16 at 11:28 AM.

First of all, long time reader, first time poster as well.

1. I've been reverse engineering mine to use the mats for synthweaving but I've also had some luck selling them on AH. Not much but unlike wow you get back your deposit if the item doesn't sell, so if you don't sell it you could either vendor or reverse it.

2. Personally, I'd start again, only because I think the whole 'lol' in names is ridiculous. :P Although I am interested in the server change, being on an overpopulated server already, I'm not liking the login queue times.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies

Hmmm, had been thinking of picking up Artifice as my crafting skill and Biochem for my alt (only intend on having 1 of these atm) so i guess i will do that, see what i can RE then sell the rest. I have been gearing out Vette don't worry

I'm lvl 20 atm so yea, almost half way which is why i think twice about restarting. The plus side will be i could send all the credits i have so far to an alt and make a load more by re leveling, plus i would have the name i want. The downside would be i would have to do dromund kaas again Wasn't a big fan of that area and was glad to leave it, just thinking of going back gives me shudders atm As a few of you also said i would be v suprised if bioware didn't add this feature, i can't think of an mmo without out it...

14 mins until servers are back (we hope!) so i guess i will decide then.