Deleted

Why the dark side siths are getting uglier as time passes?

The question is in the name of the thread, so, why they are the dark side sith getting uglier in time? We see darh Malgus in the cinematics, in the first one he is sort of prettyface (tough dark) and in the next ones its just getting more pale, dark shadows around the eyes, some black lines on his head...
    Is that a dark side syndrome or its just age?

Palpatine got uglier with age/experience too *shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The question is in the name of the thread, so, why they are the dark side sith getting uglier in time? We see darh Malgus in the cinematics, in the first one he is sort of prettyface (tough dark) and in the next ones its just getting more pale, dark shadows around the eyes, some black lines on his head...
    Is that a dark side syndrome or its just age?
    You have obviously never played a SW RPG before.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

I think it's because the developers don't want everybody to play for the Empire. Everybody I know in WoW who will play SWToR will play for it, and it's saying something.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

It's dark side corruption.

You can toggle it off in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    You have obviously never played a SW RPG before.
    Nailed it.
    I just got interested in this franchise because WoW was getting too booring.

The original explanation, including Palpatine before Lucas changed it to him being scared in the fight against Windu, is that the Sith or any Dark Side user constantly draws on the force. They draw on the Force for the simplest of tasks and drawing on the Force is very taxing on your body. It wears you out and makes you age faster. Combine that with the fact that their specific use of the Force is increasing their sinister and dark intentions it begins to corrupt their body the same as it does their mind.

Even the Jedi are negatively affected by their use of the Force. Anyone who is familiar with the Expanded Universe can read accounts of Jedi performing significant feats with the Force only to collapse due to the massive physical toll it takes on their body. There are many references to people like Luke doing something massive and people commenting that he literally looks older when he is done, as if the massive use of the Force has aged him even when what he did was in no way dark or evil.

That's one of the big reasons why part of being a Jedi means only using the Force when you have to. I hate to quot Episode 2 but Anakin commenting that Obi-wan would be upset over his use of the Force to feed fruit to Padme is one of those examples for people who have not read the books. The Jedi avoid casual us of the Force like that.

Think of using the Force as like being exposed to Radiation. The amount you are exposed to is a cumulative affect over time. Even if you are only exposed to minor or "safe" levels at any one time it's affects stay with you forever. The same goes for other things like lead and mercury. It never leaves your body and small exposures can build up over time and can become dangerous. With the Sith constantly drawing on the Force that build up becomes much more drastic and results in the changes you see.

Edit:
    I know someone will try to counter with how old Yoda got but that is well explained too. First his longevity is natural for his species, they just live hundreds and hundreds of years. Second, has he got older he used the Force less and less due to the strain it put on his body. This is long before he went into hiding. He could have used the Force to over come the need for his cane and not walk with a limp. When you see him have to fight you see that very clearly. But he chooses not draw on the Force unless he absolutely has to because he knows of the danger of it.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2011-12-16 at 05:56 PM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I think it's because the developers don't want everybody to play for the Empire. Everybody I know in WoW who will play SWToR will play for it, and it's saying something.
    Yeah, except the concept of Dark Side physically corrupting have been a part of Star Wars universe since before SWTOR was even planned.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    So is this going to work the same way your Shepard's face got messier the more renegade points you earned in Mass Effect2 ?
    Will that happen to Republic players who choose the dark path ?
    Last edited by mmoc3095866c29; 2011-12-16 at 05:56 PM. Reason: forgot the number of which mass effect i was talking about

It's not just sith, my jedi knight is dark level 2 and looks like a crack whore at this point:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    It's not just sith, my jedi knight is dark level 2 and looks like a crack whore at this point:P
    Does that happen with non-force users aswell if they are evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne View Post
    It's dark side corruption.

You can toggle it off in-game.
    onetwoten.

I dunno I'm the only one in my guild going dark side so far lol. I would assume so though because it's dark corruption and not really force related.

Yes, I played a Smuggler in the beta and went full Dark, and the same changes happened.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The issue of non Force users changing is strictly a game function and is unrelated to Star Wars lore. The reason why Sith and other Dark Side users change is stated in my post above.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    The issue of non Force users changing is strictly a game function and is unrelated to Star Wars lore. The reason why Sith and other Dark Side users change is stated in my post above.
    not exactly, my agent bathes in the direct presence of dreadful sith lords half of her professional career, some of that stuff gotta smudge my soul sooner or later,so to speak

Could check out Palpie's documentry, I guess it depends on who's your apprentice...
    youtube.com/watch?v=g0ffCICQ-bU
    Or could be stress :P