10+ Year Old Account

I wanna play a bounty hunter...

but my friends who are all gonna start playing with me want to play on the republic ... is the trooper basically the same thing?

Yes basically, instead of heat building up you have ammo, abilitys have different names but do the same amount, stories are different, and you have a giant rifle instead of a pistol

Deleted
    Trooper is the mirror class of the Bounty Hunter, so gameplay wise they share quite a bit. I did feel the Trooper had a different feel than the Bounty Hunter though, but that's probably mostly because of the different "spell" animations and such. In the end, the resources work the same way (be it reversed) so you could say it's pretty much the same.

Story wise, you'll have a totally different experience obviously. From the little I played in the Thanksgiving beta, it felt quite a bit like Mass Effect. Then again, I did pick the female Trooper, which has the same voice actress as female Shepard

I rolled a Trooper in beta and am now playing the BH...i love the BH more but they do have the same feel to them

it is a mirror class

they play almost exactly the same, from what i hear.

troopers dont get jetpacks :/

but you can get a huge ass gun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    I rolled a Trooper in beta and am now playing the BH...i love the BH more but they do have the same feel to them
    Same here. My only complaint is pistols, as if BH's only used pistols. Where are my rifles and carbines? Oh wait thats for IA snipers....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    but my friends who are all gonna start playing with me want to play on the republic ... is the trooper basically the same thing?
    I don't think it is the same experience. They do have similar abilities and they look like equals, but BH is so much more fun to play. It could also be the whole story line and the dark side of the sith who knows...