Thread: H Zon'ozz 10

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Zon'ozz 10

Hello, currently my guild is working on Warlod Zon'ozz on 10 man, but we've encountered a few struggles. The healing is quite high, but I'm sure with a few adjustments it can be fixed. Now I have a few questions regarding about how people are going about this boss and mainly the positioning of phase 2 and how are people dealing with the adds.

Thanks!

Can you tell us your comp please. It would give people a starting point to help you. =)

Edit: Misread question.
    Last edited by Graven2; 2011-12-16 at 09:25 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graven2 View Post
    Assuming you mean on normal, the idea is to have everyone stack up in max melee range during phase 2. When phase 2 ends, range can retreat back to their previous position to intercept the ball (one healer should stay with the melee group to prevent any eratic range issues with the tank).
    Erm the title says H Zon'ozz... that H generally means heroic...

He's also asking about adds... which is a heroic only mechanic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

Deleted
    Kill the flails first, then go for eyes(Flails dies a lot faster and them dying reduces raid dmg taken by A LOT) then kill of the eyes, leave the big tentacle till last.(if you have a rogue tank the boss ontop of the big tentacle and let the rogue blade flurry it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Kill the flails first, then go for eyes(Flails dies a lot faster and them dying reduces raid dmg taken by A LOT) then kill of the eyes, leave the big tentacle till last.(if you have a rogue tank the boss ontop of the big tentacle and let the rogue blade flurry it down.
    Combat rogues will make everyone happy in this fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzia1 View Post
    Hello, currently my guild is working on Warlod Zon'ozz on 10 man, but we've encountered a few struggles. The healing is quite high, but I'm sure with a few adjustments it can be fixed. Now I have a few questions regarding about how people are going about this boss and mainly the positioning of phase 2 and how are people dealing with the adds.

Thanks!
    We run 1 tank, 3 healers, 4 ranged and 2 melee on that fight. In p2 we all move to the claw (tank with boss aswell), me (ret) stays on boss, rogue cleaves down claw from hitting the boss, and range split up to left and right of the claw dpsing down eyes and flails. We pop cds every dark phase when ppl stack up near the claw, priest bubble first p2, then AM second p2, spirit link/tranq 3rd dark phase (Depending on if we use shaman or druid) Oh and we also take 7 stacks every p1.

On our last kill we ran Prot Warrior, Ret Pally, Combat Rogue, Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, Surv Hunter (for melee haste), Destruction Lock, Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Holy Pally, incase you wonder.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-12-16 at 08:51 PM.

We run:

H pally
    Disc priest
    Resto druid

Dps
    Unholy DK
    Combat Rogue
    Surv Hunter
    Arcane Mage/Fire mage
    Ele shaman
    Arms warrior

Tank
    Feral druid

We tank the boss on top of the claw for the rogue to cleave, but what I'm wondering is how you guys split off your groups in that particular phase. I've heard of some groups using camps or stacking with 1 group peeling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    We run 1 tank, 3 healers, 4 ranged and 2 melee on that fight. In p2 we all move to the claw (tank with boss aswell), me (ret) stays on boss, rogue cleaves down claw from hitting the boss, and range split up to left and right of the claw dpsing down eyes and flails. We pop cds every dark phase when ppl stack up near the claw, priest bubble first p2, then AM second p2, spirit link/tranq 3rd dark phase (Depending on if we use shaman or druid)

On our last kill we ran Prot Warrior, Ret Pally, Combat Rogue, Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, Surv Hunter (for melee haste), Destruction Lock, Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Holy Pally, incase you wonder.
    My question is what do you do about the tentacles that sorta spawn in the back. Do the range just head over there and kill it?

And since I suck at posting the comp we run is Feral Tank, Combat Rogue, Ele shaman, Fire Mage/Arc Mage, Surv Hunter, Unholy DK, Arms/Fury warrior, Disc priest, Holy pally, and Resto Druid.

Deleted
    Yes, the ranged kill those aswell, usually by the time p1 has started again.'

For the record, the dps requirements is quite intense these first few weeks. Melee will do the most dps if they can stay on the boss, and I recommend you to try and let 2 of them do so, in order to get the boss down in time. We were like 20 secs from enrage on our last kill tho, but it was flawless and our melee both did 60k+ dps :P
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-12-16 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    We run 1 tank, 3 healers, 4 ranged and 2 melee on that fight. In p2 we all move to the claw (tank with boss aswell), me (ret) stays on boss, rogue cleaves down claw from hitting the boss, and range split up to left and right of the claw dpsing down eyes and flails. We pop cds every dark phase when ppl stack up near the claw, priest bubble first p2, then AM second p2, spirit link/tranq 3rd dark phase (Depending on if we use shaman or druid) Oh and we also take 7 stacks every p1.

Do what I said in my previous post, and watch our video if you wanna know how it looks(got our first kill 2 days ago) and this is the tactic that worked the best for us.

Yes, the ranged kill those aswell, usually by the time p1 has started again.
    Are those particular ranged in range of heals? Or do they need someone to peel off to follow them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzia1 View Post
    Are those particular ranged in range of heals? Or do they need someone to peel off to follow them?
    Healers will indeed be positioned to reach these ranged. Also you have to make sure your ranged spread a little bit because when zon'ozz hits p1 again he will be very quick in casting disrupting shadows, and it's easiest if that can be instantly dispelled, while eyes are still up.

Well the issue with the tentacles is that you can't just spread and nuke because of the healing, but if you focus fire on 1 tentacle you'll waste a lot of DPS since they don't have that much HP. So basically you want to test what your healers can and can't manage, maximize healing output and damage in that phase without wasting any damage.

We have a gathering point where the claw spawns, and from there on, different people have different jobs. Near the claw, an eye and a flail spawns. I as a warlock will help cleave the claw and boss with dots/shadowflame while burning down the flail, after which I move on to the eye right next to it. Our two other ranged are on the other flail in the back, and one of them comes to help and assist me as soon as their flail dies. Our warrior is doing something about the eye in the back and moves to the same eye I at that point am working on. The remaining 2 melee are on the claw and cleave the boss (rogue & DK). This way, everyone is within range of the three healers, who stand between the claw and the two casters who work on the flail in the back. Two melee, me and the tank are quite close to one another so we can get rain/efflorescence'd etc. Two other casters are close to each other too, the healers are grouped, and thus the only one who's on his own all the time essentially is our warrior.

At the end of black phase, two eyes will still be up. All melee move to the boss, and (a few) ranged nuke down the remaining eyes, except before the 4th black phase, which is where the boss will die: after the 3rd black phase, we ignore the remaining eyes. To help this, at this point the raid is in a different position than when we started, namely the boss facing the two remaining adds to spawn the orb there, and possibly moved a bit closer as well.

Furthermore, the enrage is really tight, so this boss is about spreading your damage as necessary between adds to survive, and to the boss to not get owned by the enrage. Distance between melee and ranged (or whoever is bouncing in your raid), and minimizing that as much as the orb cooldown and healing allows for this is important. Furthermore, having cleaving melee on boss/claw, and dot classes that aren't much use on burning remaining eyes down after black phases on boss instead may help too.

Good luck, hope this didn't sound too confusing, but it may give you an idea regardless. Try different positioning and roles during black phases, and push your healers to their max. Both our arcane mage and me (demo) lock used our cooldowns on tentacles, without having any serious enrage issues, so don't hesitate to try this out too -- just make sure everyone has their cooldowns for the last burn, usually 4th, where everyone ignores tentacles and you nuke your brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    Combat rogues will make everyone happy in this fight
    Same idea, if you're using a bear tank, the first and third claws will just die from berserk cleave.

Appreciate the help guys gained a lot of tips from this thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Well the issue with the tentacles is that you can't just spread and nuke because of the healing, but if you focus fire on 1 tentacle you'll waste a lot of DPS since they don't have that much HP. So basically you want to test what your healers can and can't manage, maximize healing output and damage in that phase without wasting any damage.

We have a gathering point where the claw spawns, and from there on, different people have different jobs. Near the claw, an eye and a flail spawns. I as a warlock will help cleave the claw and boss with dots/shadowflame while burning down the flail, after which I move on to the eye right next to it. Our two other ranged are on the other flail in the back, and one of them comes to help and assist me as soon as their flail dies. Our warrior is doing something about the eye in the back and moves to the same eye I at that point am working on. The remaining 2 melee are on the claw and cleave the boss (rogue & DK). This way, everyone is within range of the three healers, who stand between the claw and the two casters who work on the flail in the back. Two melee, me and the tank are quite close to one another so we can get rain/efflorescence'd etc. Two other casters are close to each other too, the healers are grouped, and thus the only one who's on his own all the time essentially is our warrior.

At the end of black phase, two eyes will still be up. All melee move to the boss, and (a few) ranged nuke down the remaining eyes, except before the 4th black phase, which is where the boss will die: after the 3rd black phase, we ignore the remaining eyes. To help this, at this point the raid is in a different position than when we started, namely the boss facing the two remaining adds to spawn the orb there, and possibly moved a bit closer as well.

Furthermore, the enrage is really tight, so this boss is about spreading your damage as necessary between adds to survive, and to the boss to not get owned by the enrage. Distance between melee and ranged (or whoever is bouncing in your raid), and minimizing that as much as the orb cooldown and healing allows for this is important. Furthermore, having cleaving melee on boss/claw, and dot classes that aren't much use on burning remaining eyes down after black phases on boss instead may help too.

Good luck, hope this didn't sound too confusing, but it may give you an idea regardless. Try different positioning and roles during black phases, and push your healers to their max. Both our arcane mage and me (demo) lock used our cooldowns on tentacles, without having any serious enrage issues, so don't hesitate to try this out too -- just make sure everyone has their cooldowns for the last burn, usually 4th, where everyone ignores tentacles and you nuke your brains out.
    Its not a waste nuking the flails fast cause the raid dmg will decrease with so much.

We kill Flails and the 2-3 closest tentacles while stacking on the claw (AoE Heal). Two people stand outside the camp with Damage Reducing Cooldowns.
    When the dark phase is over, Ranges spread out and kill the rest before the new orb spawns.
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

First off our comp is 3 melee 3 ranged. We do 7-7-7-5 bounces, got our first kill yesterday. When dark starts everyone stacks by claw, melee on claw and ranged on flail then the 2 close eyes to like 50%. After barrier/hymn ends 1 range goes to the right (looking at claw) and nukes down the outside flail and stays on the eyes for a while.This range won't be stacking til like the second bounce on range, but it isn't a problem and the healer in melee can reach him.

2 range split off to the left and kill those eyes. 2 melee split off to the 2 eyes closest to claw and nuke em down (they're already sub 50% from range stacking). Run back in and stick on boss. Boss is tanked at claw position and turned towards where the range are on eyes as soon as claw dies. Orb spawns as theyre killing those eyes off and theyre already in position. Ensures minimal movement.

There are probably better strats for diff comps but this worked best for us.

We also run 3 melee, it's not ideal but 3 ranged is all really have to work with. We have 2 combat rogues (lol i know) and we just leave them on the boss and BF the claw. The 3 ranged and our dk split in groups of 2 and kill flails then eyes. Here is a video if you want to see how we go about him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6ECbt_BNQ