Thread: Old Gods

Deleted

Old Gods

Ok, so with the new tier, specifically the tentacles, I can see where they were inspired from. But, aren't we using fel magic ? As opposed to, say Shadow Priests, who have psychic abilities, like the Old Gods have ?

I can't see any connection between Warlocks and Old Gods, apart from the fact that Old Gods are evil, and Warlocks get their power from evil sources, even if the source is another one entirely, the Twisting Nether.

A set with the flavor of the Old Gods about it—General Vezax from the Ulduar raid was a reference point.
    Also, this makes no sense to me.

So my question is, for the ones who know warcraft lore better than I do, is there any connection ?

Deleted
    From what I know,there isn't (not 100%) keeping an eye on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Ok, so with the new tier, specifically the tentacles, I can see where they were inspired from. But, aren't we using fel magic ? As opposed to, say Shadow Priests, who have psychic abilities, like the Old Gods have ?

I can't see any connection between Warlocks and Old Gods, apart from the fact that Old Gods are evil, and Warlocks get their power from evil sources, even if the source is another one entirely, the Twisting Nether.

Also, this makes no sense to me.

So my question is, for the ones who know warcraft lore better than I do, is there any connection ?
    Gear doesn't have to be specifically lore accurate...I think you're connecting spriests and old gods a little too much there anyway.

Deleted
    They're not related. Old Gods came from far far away, after the Titans had left Azeroth, and tainted it with the Curse of flesh. You can basically see them as an alien invasion. Warlocks are playing with fell energies and demons, which are in no way related to the Old Gods.

I think you tried to dig a little too far with their new tier set. The last warrior set is heavily inspired by Deathwing, yet warriors didn't take evening classes with him. As the mage is heavily steampunk, which as nothing to do with mages either. Just as priests weren't invited to the Carnival of Venice to get their T13. They are just the new tiers, they got nice arts, vaguely connected to the current raid. End of story.

Deleted
    Hmm, well I guess you're right Aesacos.

There's an indirect link, at least, in the Twilight Hammer's loyalty to Gul'dan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesacos View Post
    They're not related. Old Gods came from far far away, after the Titans had left Azeroth, and tainted it with the Curse of flesh. You can basically see them as an alien invasion.
    Don't know about the rest but this is just wrong.
    The Old Gods where on Azeroth before the Titans arrived. The Titans fought and banished them in places like Ulduar, but as you can see there, with little long term success.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods where on Azeroth before the Titans arrived. The Titans fought and banished them in places like Ulduar, but as you can see there, with little long term success.
    The Titans came twice to azeroth, it was only on their second visit that they fought the old gods.

They're not related.
    There is no official source claiming that they are or that they are not related.
    We dont know the origin of the demons, nor the origin of the old gods.

They could be directly related to each other and we dont even know it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.