Thread: Hagara 10HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hagara 10HC

So doing some pulls on Hagara, and how the hell can you deal with the Shattered Ice? It oneshots people with Ice Lance's debuff... for like 350k :> how the hell do you handle that?

How high are you stacking the ice lance debuff? Or are you getting one shot with 1-3 stacks?

Any more than 3-4 stacks of the Ice Lance Debuff will one shot you...You need people to be aware of when to soak for people and when to move out to avoid having this stack build too high.

In 25m we had pairs of people trading off at like 3-4 stacks, tho It didnt one shot me even with 5 stacks (took me to roughly 1/3 hp??)

First person get's 5stacks, then they just change whenever the old person's runs off.. which is around 5stacks.

Deleted
    yeah just move out of them after 3-4 stacks. if it hits a melee -> doesnt matter. enrage timer shouldnt be an issue.

It's broken at the moment. It's hitting for far more than it should, for example. Last night we were having people with 2 stacks getting hit for 160k+ hits from it, we got her down eventually, but it's still pretty fucked. There also seems to be a glitch with a few of the totems in the lightning phase, where they simply do not want to chain, at one point we had 5 people trying to chain a single totem and it wouldn't work.

Granted this is all anecdotal evidence, but there's been numerous reports of Heroic Hagara being broken.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

You should have ranged constantly moving in and out of the ice lance beam. This allows for ranged without stacks to soak and give anyone who already has the debuff a chance for it to drop off, or at the very least not get too high.

I don't see how you could have people tanking full damage from one of the ice lance beams. We had a few mishaps where someone forgot to soak and it seemed pretty lethal.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    We had people dying from Shattered Ice after only taking 1-2 stacks. This fight is a total crap shoot for a kill. It's the most unpredictable boss ever, or the most fucked up. Ice and Lightning phases are just fine (even without exploiting) but this fight has some problems outside those two phases. DKs and Druids can deal with Hagara's focused assault but for our prot paladin we have to use our holy pally to taunt to keep hagara off our port pally for focused assaults. We always run into a DR where Hagara is immune to taunt so we've had to create a strategy with burning a BoP and use our priest's life grip to keep Hagara off of our holy pally. Shattered Ice and Ice lances are so fucked in 10 mans. You have every member of a 10 man raid soaking at one point and if you aren't the tank or someone with granted dmg reduction (i.e. warlocks SL) you are dead even with 2 stacks of Ice Lance.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-12-17 at 06:58 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

The ability seemed to hit more than it should indeed. We used personal CDs to survive. Battle rezzed the rest.

Deleted
    Simple. I'm the one soaking the Shattered Ice and not taking the ice lances and others are rotating ice lances and not taking the shattered ice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. Shattered Ice inflicts a random member. Hagara doesn't attack the person who won't have stacks. That would defeat the purpose of soaking.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    I don't understand. Shattered Ice inflicts a random member. Hagara doesn't attack the person who won't have stacks. That would defeat the purpose of soaking.
    Nothing in this game is random, boss prefers to shatter target front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Consi View Post
    Nothing in this game is random, boss prefers to shatter target front of him.
    can anyone confirm this? I don't feel that this is true since also with our raid yesterday it seemed to be completely random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    can anyone confirm this? I don't feel that this is true since also with our raid yesterday it seemed to be completely random.
    I don't believe what he said to be true but If others can confirm then it's another game breaking mechanic for this fight. This fight is loaded with bugs, its O_O shocking.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    We had people dying from Shattered Ice after only taking 1-2 stacks. This fight is a total crap shoot for a kill. It's the most unpredictable boss ever, or the most fucked up. Ice and Lightning phases are just fine (even without exploiting) but this fight has some problems outside those two phases. DKs and Druids can deal with Hagara's focused assault but for our prot paladin we have to use our holy pally to taunt to keep hagara off our port pally for focused assaults. We always run into a DR where Hagara is immune to taunt so we've had to create a strategy with burning a BoP and use our priest's life grip to keep Hagara off of our holy pally. Shattered Ice and Ice lances are so fucked in 10 mans. You have every member of a 10 man raid soaking at one point and if you aren't the tank or someone with granted dmg reduction (i.e. warlocks SL) you are dead even with 2 stacks of Ice Lance.
    Us too. We tried swapping out at 3 stacks instead of 5 but ranged were still taking over 160k hits if not more and being 1 shot. Also tried the holy paladin taunt and distracting shot, but she is immune to that.

We thought she might be easier than warlord or unsleeping, lol. Guess we'll be downing those first. At least we can control those fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    A huge problem with the fight with us is with the two ranged soaking we can't seem to get less than 2 stacks, period. We run in and out for stacks but the line follows you and gives you another 2 stacks even if you are sprinting away from it with the other soaker on the line ready. Pull after pull I'll run in, take 1 stack and run out but I'll end up with 3 stacks. With the lag from the previous person you have to wait while your on the line to take your stack and when you get 1 stack you run out and still get 3 stacks and boom I/they take 150k w/o any warning. It's a joke. The rest of the fight for our guild is easy but we always lose people to shattered ice.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

It's pretty annoying on 10-man where really every ranged have to soak, healers too. Healers moving constantly coupled with Hagara's special frenzy and one-shotting people with more then 2 stacks makes it quite rng.

She is an easy boss, just very rng.

Deleted
    as far as focussing attack goes,you can just heal through it if you use a cooldown and have your healer focussing on keeping the tank alive. you dont have to do fancy kite, lifegrip and taunt tactics.

No wonder people die from Shattering Ice if you can't even outheal Focused Assault. We just assumed it was random and used personal CDs (hunter use deterrance, spriest dispersion, druids barkskin, palas dp etc) if they got shattering ice with more than 2 stacks of debuff. Sure, sometimes people are going to die from it and it's annoying as fuck but nothing gamebreaking. I'm more worried by the fact that you can't outheal Focused Assault -_-