Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Queues are not server issues. The fact that they are working to keep most of the servers densely populated is a great thing. Instead of opening 100s of servers and have them become dead shortly after launch, they are smart in opening a limited number of servers and making them mark full faster, that way new players will go to the lower populated servers, thus increasing the population...they can easily increase the cap on the server as proven with the stress testing.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The swiftshore unoffcial oceanic queue is ungodly 1 hour 35 wait' start at 1468 in queue ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I think i read that swtor said they would only let so and so many ppl preorder because they wanted everyone to play with no full servers etc. And is it just me or is about 80% servers that have queue time ? I think they should have added more servers. I don`f feel like waiting 30 min - 1 hour 30 min to play the game when they promised me to not.
    Nobody promised you wouldn't wait in queue. In fact, if you read the Bioware forums, they specifically said that you should expect to see queues as they invited more players to early access. Rumor has it they're adding more servers for actual launch but yeah, nobody promised you wouldn't have to wait. Geez the things people complain about.

I cant find no where myself where they promised it also... so you its just you =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    I think i read that swtor said they would only let so and so many ppl preorder because they wanted everyone to play with no full servers etc. And is it just me or is about 80% servers that have queue time ? I think they should have added more servers. I don`f feel like waiting 30 min - 1 hour 30 min to play the game when they promised me to not.
    The game is not even officially released yet, what are you complaining about? You could always not play if you don't like it though, which would certainly help reduce the queue...

They said no server issues, queue times arent server issues, they are people flocking to one server

Deleted
    Maan, this games launch has less bugs than wow has now.

I fear for the queue times of swtor players after the early access ends and everybody floods into the servers.

I'm steadily more and more impressed with how well the servers handle the increasing demand. I can deal with a queue, but not with server stability problems.

I'm not really concerned with launch as long as they can handle it. One thing they could really work on is getting the Estimated Wait Times to be more accurate, and accessible via the Security Remote app. That way people can better know when they can expect to be in and return around that time. Also, properly and accurately displaying it in-game would get the servers without queues some love.
    Last edited by Prag; 2011-12-17 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of God just dont DC :/

I'm extremely impressed with the server stability. Queues are a little annoying--average queue size on Prophecy of the Five in the evening is over 300 people, but there is absolutely no server lag or server crashes. Phenomenal work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no server issues at all. German server.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I fear for the queue times of swtor players after the early access ends and everybody floods into the servers.
    i think they are increasing the capacity on each server on official launch

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    This.

Guys get off The Swiftsure
    For real, that server has a 2 hour queue right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    a queue is not a "server issue" per se

seriously.. there's a lot of overload,the first couple of days..thats NORMAL at launch

dont want waiting queues? dont play immediately at release and instead wait a few weeks for online-times of users to even out.

classical server issues at release would be: high ping, random crashes,possibly hardware failures, even noticeable lag.

but know what?

we got NONE of those whatsoever... darth traya has at least 3k players consecutively logging in during peaks, and a felt 20k active users already, 4 days before launch.. and I got a frickin ping of 20ms, no delay and a connection as stable as a second-world-war-normandie-bunker...

so get over it, its launch, delays are to be expected, and we are getting a LOT less than any other hyped mmo before.

I for my part remember the good old days in 2k4 for the EU WoW release, with a constant 36 THOUSAND millisecond ping.
    ever tried killing something with a 7 second response-time?...heeheehee...

right now, I'm sniping down republic healers within an environment so sleek that I could combine my attack skills in unintendedly fast ways, and look good while doing so... and I damn well like it

My guild was placed on Swiftsure so believe me when I say that I understand the frustration. But also realize that if you didn't see this coming...well I dunno what to say. Rift had the same issues, every MMO worth its salt has the same issues. SWTOR has had a great launch thus far, far better than most could have hoped, on par with Rift's super smooth launch. Server queue's will always happen. People just need to accept it and move on. If you find your wait unacceptable then roll an alt on a server with no wait. Thats what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Although this post is slightly stupid, I do agree that if a server is getting big enough for a queue time they need to allow only players who have characters to play instead of continuing to let people re-roll on the server.
    They need to allow people to roll on the same server as their friends/guild though, it would be completely retarded if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    But also realize that if you didn't see this coming...well I dunno what to say. Rift had the same issues, every MMO worth its salt has the same issues. SWTOR has had a great launch thus far, far better than most could have hoped, on par with Rift's super smooth launch. Server queue's will always happen.
    Exactly, there's no real way to prevent it, they could have added more servers though so instead of all the servers having queue it would be maybe 50% of the servers having queues instead.
    But then they would need to have a good server-merge plan or else it would end up like Rift where there's too many empty servers because they added too many in the beginning when there were queues everywhere.
    And they don't want to merge either because it's bad PR.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2011-12-17 at 04:18 AM.

I don't know how people can expect queues to not exist with a new mmo. You either open too many servers or there are queues when player activity is so high. Who out there isn't trying to play their new game?

They could stop people from making characters on those servers, but then people would complain they cant join their friends, etc.

If there was a simple solution every big mmo to be released wouldn't end up a queue fest.
    Last edited by hailey; 2011-12-17 at 04:21 AM.

Look at the queues as a good thing.

Queues now means that, when the initial hype dies off and some people stop playing, the queues will go away and you'll still have a server with a healthy population, instead of a ghost town.