Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue breaking ice block?

Just did 2's............ran against hunter/rogue......after killing hunter and at near 0 health, ice blocked only to have rogue break through it and kill me...........
    I didn't think this could happen? Anyone else have this issue?

If your running a macro that when pressed once you iceblock then a 2nd time it will break iceblock early you might have mashed it too fast. Otherwise I have not seen anything like this (Ran ~35 2s today)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

No macro.......my partner saw me ice block as well......she was quite baffled as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible. My guess would be that the server translated his hit a fraction of a second before your iceblock registered. If you use recount or skada, post up your death log and we'll help you out.

Sorry I don't use recount or the other one you mentioned. I was ice blocked when I died and my partner confirmed it. There may have been a delay like you said, and it's either that or there is some glitch with rogues. I just played on my shadow priest and was stunned by a rogue while in dispersion.....I recently leveled it so maybe im not 100% sure but I thought it prevented against things like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therocksays View Post
    Sorry I don't use recount or the other one you mentioned. I was ice blocked when I died and my partner confirmed it. There may have been a delay like you said, and it's either that or there is some glitch with rogues. I just played on my shadow priest and was stunned by a rogue while in dispersion.....I recently leveled it so maybe im not 100% sure but I thought it prevented against things like that.
    Pretty sure you can still be CC'd through dispersion, I know I've cycloned a dispersed SP more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Pretty sure you can still be CC'd through dispersion, I know I've cycloned a dispersed SP more than once.
    yeah dispersion breaks slows/snares on cast, but you can be re-CC'd just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitomi View Post
    yeah dispersion breaks slows/snares on cast, but you can be re-CC'd just fine.
    Dispersion breaks and makes you immune to slows and Snares, that's it. While dispersed, you can't be slowed or snared. Dispersion will NOT break stuns, nor make you immune to them.

Snares/Slows are not the same as CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Snares/Slows are not the same as CC.
    arguably they could be considered "soft" CC, where as stuns/fears/sheeps "hard" CC. But yeah i meant what you had stated basically just not as clearly as you said it.

You probably pressed Ice Block twice. Use the following the macro and it will not happen again:

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast !Ice Block

The "!" is important. I then use /cancelaura on my ice lance personally, for both ice block and ivisibility. Feel free to use it:

#showtooltip Ice Lance
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cancelaura Invisibility
    /cast Ice Lance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Why would you do that? They are technically already cycloned a.k.a can't cast any spells whilst dispersed.

ok, i play an arcane mage, and im getting tired of all these rogues getting me.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Why would you do that? They are technically already cycloned a.k.a can't cast any spells whilst dispersed.
    They won't gain mana and cannot be topped, so it kind of counters the whole purpose of dispersion. You do have to switch to another enemy for the duration of dispersion anyway, so Cyclone helps keeping up the pressure here.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranaponting View Post
    ok, i play an arcane mage, and im getting tired of all these rogues getting me.
    So play frost.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    You can nullify a dispersion with one cyclone out of trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    You probably pressed Ice Block twice. Use the following the macro and it will not happen again:

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast !Ice Block

The "!" is important.
    This macro saved my life so much when I play on my mage. Without macroing Ice Block, you can press it multiple times and it'll break. That's probably what happened to you.

Deleted
    it was either: ur rogue was a warrior
    u mashed the button.

15+ Year Old Account
    My warrior dresses like a rogue and has Shadowmeld - my guess is I'm the rogue who killed you
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Can't regain any mana nor be healed in a Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerover View Post
    Impossible. My guess would be that the server translated his hit a fraction of a second before your iceblock registered. If you use recount or skada, post up your death log and we'll help you out.
    Not impossible - in AB once I iceblocked before I was killed at the Stables ... was still iceblocked in ghost form for a short few seconds, and the cooldown was done.