HAF X - Lookin' to fit it with goodies :P

So I started on my new build this summer, and purchased an HAF-X, with an Asus Geforce GTX 580 DirectCU II (3-slotter), 1200wt PSU (can't remember brand at the moment, and im typing this at work so i can't see), and x3 200mm fans in addition to the 230mm stock fan in the front. I'm currently working on a fancy transparent full-decal for the side-window on the case (I work with a print shop that produces things like car vinyl graphics, decals, etc.). So on top of that, im hoping to fill it out with some performance boosters, and I'll need y'alls suggestions since I'm a far shot from being any hardware genius.

The thing is, im still running with an old Asus Presario mobo with 8g's of ram and an Intel i5 650 cpu. What I hope to accomplish is running an SLI setup with an additional GTX 580 (x2 of what I already have, the Asus 3-slot monster :P) and hopefully stick to the same processor, which requires a 1156 socket on the mobo. More importantly, I wanna hook up an SSD for my OS and some of my working programs (mainly Adobe CS stuff, possibly some games if I can fit them).

What should I be looking for? I can skip out on keeping the i5 if i'm unable to find a big enough mobo to hold 2 GTX 580 3-slotters, maybe settle for a 1366 socket and fit it with an i7. I'm not familiar with any AMD stuff as I've been an Intel fanboi all my nerdy life... What kind of SSD brand/model should I be on the lookout for as well?

Thanks for the help!

1200w is a lot of overkill for 580 SLI. If you can't remember the brand name, it sounds like it was an off-brand, and hopefully if it is, it provides enough amperage on the 12v rail for 580 SLI. Most cheap PSUs don't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    1366 is old tech my friend.

If you are seriously looking at that, you should just go for the newer tech, and get a 1155 mobo and i5-2500k.

I couldn't tell you too much about SSDs except that Crucial M4 is supposed to be good. I am sure other posters will gladly make some other suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Whats your budget ?

When you can please post what PSU you have as glo mentioned cheaply made off brands can be bad even if they say 1200w
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

The PSU is an Antec 1200wt