Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vladimir Putin is a generally good person, everything he does is pretty much to help out his country.

for the 8 years he was president he basically pulled Russia out of a terrible economy and increased their average wage from $80 to $640, while increasing the average workers rights and such.

He is generally looked at as "evil" because of most the western worlds grudges/misconceptions against Russia.

But as a leader there has probably been noone greater in the last 50 years. He also spent most of his presidency at above 65% approval rating, most of the time around 80% with his highest at 85%, which is more than any other political figure ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    It said "People follow a good person"...
    Yea, but people can be misled.

"Good" people would probably lack interest in being leaders.
    So figures like, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Joan of Arc, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...all took up the mantle of leadership in one respect or the other - you wouldn't class them as "good"?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn22 View Post
    So figures like, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Joan of Arc, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...all took up the mantle of leadership in one respect or the other - you wouldn't class them as "good"?
    They didn't really try to be leaders. People just started following them.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Vladimir Putin is a generally good person, everything he does is pretty much to help out his country.

for the 8 years he was president he basically pulled Russia out of a terrible economy and increased their average wage from $80 to $640, while increasing the average workers rights and such.

He is generally looked at as "evil" because of most the western worlds grudges/misconceptions against Russia.

But as a leader there has probably been noone greater in the last 50 years. He also spent most of his presidency at above 65% approval rating, most of the time around 80% with his highest at 85%, which is more than any other political figure ever.
    He also used to be a colonel in the KGB, so he probably isn't a very good guy to be honest. I wouldn't trust an ex-CIA agent either.

They didn't really try to be leaders. People just started following them.
    What, Martin Luther King appeared in the subway one day and a bunch of black folk just started following him?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Immortal beat me to it, but none of them went out of their way to actually lead, which is why I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe that a *good* person can willingly become a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    He also used to be a colonel in the KGB, so he probably isn't a very good guy to be honest. I wouldn't trust an ex-CIA agent either.
    People followed Putin. Stop trying to ignore the statement that "people follow a good person".
    Keep The Beats!

10+ Year Old Account
    He's considered evil because he looks like a Bond villain
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Immortal beat me to it, but none of them went out of their way to actually lead, which is why I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe that a *good* person can willingly become a leader.
    No, every single one went out of their way to lead. All of them even put their lives on the line for their cause.

Deleted
    "without lies or scandals"

Impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Why not? A good person who wants to become a leader does it because he knows something needs to be fixed and he knows he can fix it. Martin Luther King knew there was something wrong with this nation and he knew how to fix it. So he took up the mantle.

He didn't lead because he wanted the power, he lead because he knew how to fix it, how to focus the black community's frustration properly and bring change to America.
    Putin khuliyo

No, every single one went out of their way to lead. All of them even put their lives on the line for their cause.
    Bold claim there. Especially when Joan of Arc was just listening to voices in her head and they killed her.
    Keep The Beats!

It's not a question of whether a good person can be a leader, but if a good person can make the decision to no longer be viewed as a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    You realise the KGB are just a Special Police Force, and not some super secret special forces guys that most Americans think they are. If he was Ex-Spetsnaz, than maybe it could have been bad, but his job in the KGB was just keeping hidden within border guards keeping an eye out for Traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad people are taking my statement a little open.

It was meant to be misconstrued.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    For guilds, a leader is chosen, the best player, the most vocal and trust worthy. For pugs, well...i guess u gotta gamble

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    For guilds, a leader is chosen, the best player, the most vocal and trust worthy. For pugs, well...i guess u gotta gamble
    I've been in far to many guilds that prove otherwise to your statement.

Mr Putin may appear a buffoon from afar, but he has certainly presided over some serious improvements in the Russian standard of living.

Things will get interesting in Russia soon, though. Their energy based economy needs the oil price to stay over $110 to stay afloat. It's about $95 now and falling. Hopefully we won't see them extorting neighbours with gas cuts to make up the shortfall.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Why not? A good person who wants to become a leader does it because he knows something needs to be fixed and he knows he can fix it. Martin Luther King knew there was something wrong with this nation and he knew how to fix it. So he took up the mantle.

He didn't lead because he wanted the power, he lead because he knew how to fix it, how to focus the black community's frustration properly and bring change to America.
    Yes and he caused some people to suffer as well, intentional or not. I thought this would go against a good person's morals, but maybe I'm being too uptight on the matter.