Page 1 of 3
LastLast

servers too full

so there is a queue time for nearly every server right now.

i know its pre launch, and its friday night, but i feel like that servers should be less populated!

feel like there should have been more servers to begin with.

the stess tests didnt seem this bad.

QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're full now, what'll happen when the game's OFFICIALLY released? :/
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

They have an artifical cap on servers atm to make sure ppl are spread out and not focused on a few servers.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if this is true (so please dont pass it on as more then a rumor), but people are saying that all the servers are not full, just EGA full. Lets say they plan to allow 10k per server, they would set the EGA to 8k or w/e so on launch there is room for non EGA ppl. This also encourages spreading out as much as possible, and this is why it seems plausible to me
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Sat through 3/4s of a 1 hour queue... power went out for a sec.... back in line for another hour....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    They have an artifical cap on servers atm to make sure ppl are spread out and not focused on a few servers.
    Do you know this for sure or is it just speculation... I'm asking coz a few friends of mine talked about it and thought it mighy be the case, but no one knows for sure...

Can someone supply as source???

3 hour queues (Swiftsure) is getting a bit excessive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    Seeing top 10 servers full is okay..

But right now, almost ALL server have 30 to 3 hours wait time. It's TOO much.

the game isnt even released yet and all the servers are pretty much full...that is very much so unacceptable since they did stress tests there should be more servers and since they have 3 mil in preorders god knows they have the money...

Too many people on a server is better then too few.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    people crying for more servers need to realize they do not want to spread people out too much and then have to close servers down. I know it sucks now and it is not fun, but the game is new and they are playing it safe now. In the long run this will help far more than 1 or 2 weeks of waiting will.

I can't wait to be a couple months down the line when people will stop complaining about full servers, lag, and disconnects. Welcome to launch ladies and gentlemen. Give players time to settle down and I promise everything will be fine! Bioware is doing a great job with the gated approach they took letting players in. This is one of the smoothest MMO launches I've ever been apart of.

Man the queue is crazy. 85% of servers have a waiting time of 20 or more minutes right now. I'm sitting in a 500 person one right now, I don't even want to imagine what Swiftsure is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    Man the queue is crazy. 85% of servers have a waiting time of 20 or more minutes right now. I'm sitting in a 500 person one right now, I don't even want to imagine what Swiftsure is at.
    ~2000-2200 people in queue.

edit: thinking of just rerolling from level 20. Sigh.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little queue time isn't bad, but waiting all evening just to get on is a little much.

As much as I wanted to level on a PvP server it would seem that re-rolling on a PVE server (which always seem to be instant access) is the way to go. Looks like I will be wearing out my spacebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post

You could probably get that level on a different server faster than it would take you to get through the queue on Swiftsure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    this is exacly why they made this pre-launch, they want to see how much crowd they can expect, so they will have enough servers by the time the game is officially out. they want to have a smooth release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post

I thought about doing that but am afraid I would just end up in the same situation on any server at this rate.

I don't mind waiting a bit, but if you get disconnected the server needs to save your position in the queue. Disconnect/client crash -> sitting at the beginning of a 1h+ queue again is not acceptable and this is something that needs to be hotfixed asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I don't mind waiting a bit, but if you get disconnected the server needs to save your position in the queue. Disconnect/client crash -> sitting at the beginning of a 1h+ queue again is not acceptable and this is something that needs to be hotfixed asap.
    I don't mind to a certain extent, but when the server with my guild and my level 25 JK has a 2 hour wait, I actually begin to mind.