Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    it is 12:40am est and Anchorhead has a 40 minute queue. i think maybe there might be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space slug with 560th position in queue, not bad I guess

Just login during non peak hours and have a mouseclicker that keeps you from going afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind waiting a bit, but if you get disconnected the server needs to save your position in the queue. Disconnect/client crash -> sitting at the beginning of a 1h+ queue again is not acceptable and this is something that needs to be hotfixed asap.
    It doesnt do this, but it does seem to record if you got dc'd. My brother got DC'd in the middle of the day, and got on with nearly no wait. Seems unlikely that there would be no queue
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    The games not even released yet, and I have a 35min Que on the server SWTOR placed my guild in... Yippie...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    If they're full now, what'll happen when the game's OFFICIALLY released? :/
    The same thing that happend to hellgate london and aion, way too many ppl not enough servers lots of lag or server dc's and then ppl get mad blame the game and quit for good.

my guild is on swiftsure, and its the unofficial aussie server, probably the most populated server

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a prerelease. Judging by how Bioware managed the initial launch, I think they're doing fine. They've likely capped the servers currently (to allow for population spread) and this is the first weekend that people will actually be playing the servers accordingly, and in mass. This is likely a time that Bioware's going to test their servers for the amount of stress they can handle, and we'll likely see the cap released/increased to accommodate players in the very near future.

While this isn't official, this is likely the case. If Bioware designed only enough servers to house all of the preorders right before release, they'd be screwed at the time of release, and right before as well. I'm sure they have some level of plan for handling the server queue, and we should be patient. Remember, this is still EGA, and Bioware's first big MMO. They're going to make mistakes, and people should be patient/understanding of this.

I don't understand why people complain about something that inconveniences them a little whether than seeing the bigger picture. I would rather have a few servers at max population that a bunch of servers with only 1-4 close to max. It is better to start off small and work your way up than just release every possible server from the start and then try and fix the problem later.

Let's flip it around and see the other side. I started Rift a couple days after launch and the server I picked was dead. Come to find out there were other servers that had easily 10x the population of my first choice. They had so many empty servers that trying to find a group in those were a pain in the ass. There's a good chance I could still be playing the game if I didn't waste so much time on a dead server, so I would rather sit in queue for a bit and have a full server than instantly join an empty server with nothing going on.

The game isn't officially out yet and people are complaining. Give it time, see how the servers are once they are allowed their max capacity and if you're still having long queue times then it will be fair to complain. You guys are given a nice gift of an early start but yet you still complain.

I've had to sit in long ass queues before, it's not a big deal. I watch TV, do chores, etc and then come back when the game is loaded up. I've gone through that so many times during WoW it almost became normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverClokx View Post
    This is a prerelease. Judging by how Bioware managed the initial launch, I think they're doing fine. They've likely capped the servers currently (to allow for population spread) and this is the first weekend that people will actually be playing the servers accordingly, and in mass. This is likely a time that Bioware's going to test their servers for the amount of stress they can handle, and we'll likely see the cap released/increased to accommodate players in the very near future.

While this isn't official, this is likely the case. If Bioware designed only enough servers to house all of the preorders right before release, they'd be screwed at the time of release, and right before as well. I'm sure they have some level of plan for handling the server queue, and we should be patient. Remember, this is still EGA, and Bioware's first big MMO. They're going to make mistakes, and people should be patient/understanding of this.
    Who is EGA? I thought it was EA, also blizz servers broke on wow's launch too they did not know ahead of time how many ppl would just spree buy the game outside of the preorders.

Well it's 12:30 AM and I have a 40 minute queue to get into my server... meaning I'm not playing tonight. There's no point paying to play when you can't even play. Otherwise I'd say this game is amazing. But if this persists for the next week or so then that's the end of the road for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Who is EGA? I thought it was EA, also blizz servers broke on wow's launch too they did not know ahead of time how many ppl would just spree buy the game outside of the preorders.
    Early Game Access.

Their full for a reason, once everybody is in and settled on the 20th-22th. their gonna open the servers. This is just to avoid everyone rolling on the same server, cause insane que's and come the launch there will be long ques, and nothing they can do about it.

this way people are too excited to play the game so when chosing to create a char they pick a less full server. and thus we wont see servers become "More" full then they are now.

The artificial cap is excellent, it's working. Just look at how many servers now have queues, the populations are really well spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get down from 560 to 0 and I get an error -.- now I have to enter a queue AGAIN!

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    The artificial cap is excellent, it's working. Just look at how many servers now have queues, the populations are really well spread.
    I wouldn't say they're well spread, theres some with queues well over 2k and some with below 500

As of an hour ago, there were maybe 15 servers with Full server status and queues, and some servers with only a 'medium' load. Sure it's not too late to re-roll, but it's the issue of getting your guild to go with you.

I want to play now, but it's nearly a 2k queue on The Swiftsure, so I'll queue up and start cooking dinner.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I understand that the servers might not be running at full capacity yet.
    I understand that they want people to spread out.
    I understand that queues are going to happen.
    But really saying a 2+ hour queue is only a minor inconvience when a lot of people can only play for 3-4 max on a working day is kind of a kick in the nuts for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Seeing top 10 servers full is okay..

But right now, almost ALL server have 30 to 3 hours wait time. It's TOO much.
    No it's not too much, and ALL is massively exaggerating. BioWare is most likely making sure that server stay healthy when people are done with their first month which is good. The European server have queues from 5 min to 2 hours (with most being around 30 min), and still plenty of servers without queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    my guild is on swiftsure, and its the unofficial aussie server, probably the most populated server
    So that's why it's so busy. I was thinking of rolling there at one point until I saw the massive queue on it. Bioware should have designated an official Oceania server for your time zone.

friday evening, 4,5hour queue
    Every other server in the EU had a queue 45 minutes (which to me is more or less acceptable at start of mmo due to the fact they always have a lower player cap) but most had 1h+ up to 5+hours.

Estimated wait times are far off

Then they made a mistake with the with the spanish and russian servers. since they were full aswell they flooded to english servers and took over (which is understandable from their point of view, the annoyance is that they refuse to talk english in general as most of times they dont master the language)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>