Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    which I understood was "There is nothing you need to know, just destroy the boss and heal when you need to"
    That should be surprisingly accurate, actually.

    One thing a lot of people have trouble with is the boss resetting. Basically if you don't keep hitting her whenever she goes down for molting, she will drop out of combat and reset. At the start, wait until one of the last feathers she lays down to get to 3 stacks, and for the entire rest of the fight while in the air, stay close to her so you can keep hitting her as she's molting.

    You should have enough health to make healing through harsh winds easy, and video guides (like the one in the OP, or a google search should turn several up) should cover anything else.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    That should be surprisingly accurate, actually.

    One thing a lot of people have trouble with is the boss resetting. Basically if you don't keep hitting her whenever she goes down for molting, she will drop out of combat and reset.
    Exactly the kind of tip I was looking for, and I would have never figured out by myself just with the video, thanks !

  3. #383
    Don't be a derper like I was sometimes and remember not to stand too close to the firewall... I pulled the 2 adds way too many times and wiped myself for being too dps whorish. Took me over 100 solo runs before I saw the mount drop, seen it 2 times after I got it and 5 times total over the 200 + runs i've done. That mount....

  4. #384
    I got it on my first actual solo kill (had done some 2/3-mans before for fun/achievements).

    Rawr (")(^.^)(")

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I got it on my first actual solo kill (had done some 2/3-mans before for fun/achievements).

    Rawr (")(^.^)(")
    Lucky much?

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrations View Post
    Lucky much?
    Yup. (And I just realized, that front page video is of me winning the mount, I never thought of that ). Wasn't the first time a mount dropped on my first kill, either. Saw ashes the first time I ever killed Kael.

    Too bad I was duo-ing it with a friend, and he won the roll. Second drop came exactly when you'd expect it (4% drop, 25th kill after the first).

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Yup. (And I just realized, that front page video is of me winning the mount, I never thought of that ). Wasn't the first time a mount dropped on my first kill, either. Saw ashes the first time I ever killed Kael.

    Too bad I was duo-ing it with a friend, and he won the roll. Second drop came exactly when you'd expect it (4% drop, 25th kill after the first).
    Well I've been lucky with some mounts too... but had the annoying ones aswell. 100 solo runs for the aly mount (been doing it solo on 2-4 chars for like 7 months) And then the 2 weeks after I got the mount I went with friends to help them and it dropped both weeks in a row just after I got it, felt like blizzard was trolling me abit kara took 200 and ashes 110, but I had 3 rare mounts in 1 week suddently after months of no mounts dropping. RNG is RNG, but it has just been too stupid for me sometimes, lol.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    "There is nothing you need to know, just destroy the boss and heal when you need to"
    That wasn't exactly what I ment. I ment just do it like the person in a video does. There is no element of rng and nothing which can wipe you if you are unprepared for it.
    Sorry for the harsh response though, I guess I was just tired that day (i rly dont know lol, hollidays blend together xD )

  9. #389
    Field Marshal TZM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    82
    Hey guys!

    Seems like we are geting some nice T set bonuses at next raid content, that are quite nice for soloing. Well for fights that needs healing

    Item - Druid T15 Guardian 2P Bonus (New) Each attack you dodge while Savage Defense is active increases the healing from your next Frenzied Regeneration within 10 sec by 10%, stacking up to 10 times.
    What do you think about this?
    Characters: Luck- 90 | Twitch channel

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Hey guys!

    Seems like we are geting some nice T set bonuses at next raid content, that are quite nice for soloing. Well for fights that needs healing



    What do you think about this?
    Its usually easier to just heal through the damage with FR than to waste energy for SD. SD is for very hard hitting bosses or for bosses like saurfang where it actually matters.
    Better than nothing, ofc.
    But I doubt that there are any bosses that would become killable for guardians because of this set bonus. Overall dps/hp/mitigation from tier15 gear would be much more useful.

  11. #391
    Pretty much what Traen said: We'd have to have a reason to use SD in the first place. I can see it being nice for mass AoE (assuming it has no ICD), effectively getting 2 FRs+1SD for 120 rage, and for the oddball fights like Morchok, Saurfang, and the like where we actually use SD. It's usually not worth using over FR outside of CDs where we're full health or just have more rage than we can spend.

    That bonus could *maybe* push us into using SD more often, but it'll still be fight dependent.

    The enrage bonus strikes me as more interesting for soloing, and that's not very interesting to me. They both look fine for raiding, though.

  12. #392
    Al'akir down as FERAL.

    And omg that was hard and rng for my gear lvl. (It's not really a fight you can outgear though)
    Staying alive was the only hard part. His melee hits are really hard 30-40k and they crit at times (6% of time?)
    In order to have any chance of staying alive I had to run out of melee range and get hit by electrocute while I put a rejuv on myself. Just make sure to run in again before it does a lot of damage. There is no time to hardcast any heals as the stormling (s) are chasing you as well. At most you can get one or two heals from tranc before you have to run again. The hardest part of this was to survive the last 30 seconds until your nature's vigil is up again.
    I found cenarion ward to be healing more than nature's swiftness, so I took that.
    Typhoon for the stormlings if you are not ready to kill them yet and they get close to you.
    Incarnation for the burst healing it provides if used with nature's vigil.
    Ursol's vortex for the adds.
    Nature's vigil for awesomeness.

    Boss did around 14k dps to me all in all. Reducing it to 14k while keeping up the healing required was the hard part.
    This was purely a challenge for myself, and I strongly recommend it for anybody who is bored or something It was really fun, all in all it took me 32 tries which was about 3 hours.

  13. #393
    Is it possible to use treants to bug Thorim and allow you to solo him? If not, do you need to kill him to fight Yogg Saron?

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    Is it possible to use treants to bug Thorim and allow you to solo him? If not, do you need to kill him to fight Yogg Saron?
    I actually had to go check, but yes, treants do work. The reason you need them is to put the iron dwarf healer from the arena in combat: everything else will just chase you into the gauntlet once you pull some healing threat, but he won't get into combat unless he attacks/is attacked by something.

    So kill arena->dash in and pull first miniboss->run back out to arena to avoid lightning ball of death->Summon treants a little before the gate's closing, and order them to move to where the iron dwarf spawns (so they facepull him)->get into the gauntlet before the gate closes->kill the gauntlet bosses without killing the entire set of arena mobs (you can kill a few, just not all 5)->get up to the area before Thorim->kill the rest of the arena mobs->run onto Thorim's platform after he becomes attackable (as soon as sif starts talking and he gets his damage reduction buff)->Kill Thorim.

    Sidenote: Heart of the Wild is HILLARIOUS. Killing XT in 1 heart phase, Thorim as he's getting his 2nd stack, Auriaya before her first fear, Freya+3 without killing any adds. The list goes on.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-01-12 at 11:28 PM.

  15. #395
    High Overlord Canaslan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post

    Sidenote: Heart of the Wild is HILLARIOUS. Killing XT in 1 heart phase, Thorim as he's getting his 2nd stack, Auriaya before her first fear, Freya+3 without killing any adds. The list goes on.

    Is this on 25 or 10?

  16. #396
    10.

    It's fun on 25 too, but not as much.

  17. #397
    Hoping to create full clear videos of old content solo for those interested as I did w/ icc10. Upload speed slow so might take awhile besides actually needing to fraps the content. Maybe Braindwen can put it w/ the guide so people can judge via video w/ the text. Not gona do much 25m clears as its a lot more time consuming thou. Mostly 10m > 25m content unless it only has one content mode.
    My 10m guild broke apart, so not sure what to do w/ my wow time prob mount runs and
    Might stop until more content is released.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I actually had to go check, but yes, treants do work. The reason you need them is to put the iron dwarf healer from the arena in combat: everything else will just chase you into the gauntlet once you pull some healing threat, but he won't get into combat unless he attacks/is attacked by something.
    tried it yesterday too, it works perfectly. Just be careful becaus the treants only lasts 15 sec so don't invoke them too soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Sidenote: Heart of the Wild is HILLARIOUS. Killing XT in 1 heart phase, Thorim as he's getting his 2nd stack, Auriaya before her first fear, Freya+3 without killing any adds. The list goes on.
    Really? I soloed Ulduar10 13/14 yesterday as a Feral and it took me some time to kill Freya 0adds, Auriaya and Co. I don't have a big DPS, something around 50k, and I'm quite sure it took me more thant 45s. So as a Guardian+Hotw you're telling me you can burn them that fast?

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Really? I soloed Ulduar10 13/14 yesterday as a Feral and it took me some time to kill Freya 0adds, Auriaya and Co. I don't have a big DPS, something around 50k, and I'm quite sure it took me more thant 45s. So as a Guardian+Hotw you're telling me you can burn them that fast?
    Yep. It scales extremely well with agility procs; with a potion (I'll gladly waste the gold for some good laughs ) and trinket procs I'm up around 60k agility in kitty. Add in Berserk and things can get pretty crazy. Bleeds tick for ~60-70k each when they crit (which, with 80% crit, is pretty often), and Bites are up around 200-250k without the bonus from energy pooling, so near 500k with full energy.

    I also got a bit lucky on Freya and got the conservator first, so I could jump in a +25% damage mushroom. That fight lasted ~25-30s with ~117k DPS.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-01-13 at 08:16 PM.

  20. #400
    Keyboard Turner Eleyanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8
    Has anyone solod Yogg Saron 25 man (One light) yet? Is it possible?
    I'm gonna try it tonight as moonkin, but if anyone has some good advices I'd like to hear them^^
    Gonna take Thorim as a keeper...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •