Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Having a hard time sorting out / searching for Balance druid kills on BWD, not sure if this has been done/posted (probably) in here before. FYI I'm 537 ivl right now, armory is in my signature.

- Magmaw: actually very easy, just kited the larvas (displacer beast as they spawn) while spamming eclipsed dot on boss and SS procs. When he grabbed me just pop'd NV and dps'd him.

- Omnotron Defense System: hardest boss seemed Arcanatron with his lightning beam damage, that plus having 2 bosses hitting you was kinda bad but i figure i could kinda kite them to reduce the amount of melee damage i take. Was pretty much rotating roar, displacer beaste, dash, worgen speed and engineer rocket boots. Pop'd NV when out of speed boot to survive. It was a bit messy but not too too hard.

- Elevator Boss: stupid goblin cloak didn't open, I died

- Chimaeron: not sure how to kill this guy as balance, his melee hits hard and I died a lot to his double attack. Didn't spend a lot of time, but it seems that I'll have to react faster to his double attack, wasn't able to bring my health up fast enough (healing touch + rejuv were too slow). Could not confirm the ICD on his double attack, but if its greater than 30 sec I can prob use Cenarion Ward to get a heal off his first strike. Has anyone killed this dude as balance? Also, didn't check if I could kite him for a bit like i did on Omnotron. Will try this again later this week.

- Maloriak: didn't spend time on it at all but I'm still wondering if we can actually do it, i mean, how do you bypass the flash freeze mechanic (stuck in the ice trap for 30 sec)? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    I was doing it around 500ilvl and it felt quite easy, some boses even trivial. I think it should be ok even with lover.
    Thanks! That helps a lot.

I tried at 85, no deal.
    Last edited by Tango; 2013-07-11 at 10:00 PM.

Managed to solo Lich King 25HC as a moonkin. It was a really tough fight but luckily the hard part was right in the beginning so I could practise it easily. Video here:

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Managed to solo Lich King 25HC as a moonkin. It was a really tough fight but luckily the hard part was right in the beginning so I could practise it easily. Video here:
    Very impressive. It seems to me that you got lucky two times with some healing touch crits while defile, but I guess that at your ilvl you have an absolute ton of stats.

Tip my hat to you, can't imagine how annoying Raging Spirits had to be for you.

I was doing it around 500ilvl and it felt quite easy, some boses even trivial. I think it should be ok even with lover.
    Couldn't make it with 480ilvl. Will try again with more gear. My problem wasn't surviving, but dmg I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Couldn't make it with 480ilvl. Will try again with more gear. My problem wasn't surviving, but dmg I think.
    Are you pulling with HOTW burst?
    Characters: Luck- 90 | Twitch channel

Are you pulling with HOTW burst?
    No, haven't tried that. Won't my hp drop too much though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    No, haven't tried that. Won't my hp drop too much though?
    No, just throw a few Rejuvs in every now and then and you'll outheal anything wrath-era stuff can do. You have free GCDs as cat, so there's no DPS loss to doing so (don't use caster HotW unless the boss isn't hitting you for some reason, pushback sucks).

HotW is fantastic in the really old stuff because it just isn't threatening damage-wise, and getting a good HotW use in out-dps's NV pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    No, just throw a few Rejuvs in every now and then and you'll outheal anything wrath-era stuff can do. You have free GCDs as cat, so there's no DPS loss to doing so (don't use caster HotW unless the boss isn't hitting you for some reason, pushback sucks).

HotW is fantastic in the really old stuff because it just isn't threatening damage-wise, and getting a good HotW use in out-dps's NV pretty easily.
    Will try it then, tyvm for the info.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to solo-activate Thorim in Ulduar w/o using rocket boots as a druid? I can clear through the tunnel, however I cannot seem to get the timing of hitting Thorim and jumping down into the area w/o getting instagibbed w/o using rocket boots. I've tried using Displacer Beast and cannot seem to get it right yet... anyone else have luck doing it w/o rocket boots?
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a way to solo-activate Thorim in Ulduar w/o using rocket boots as a druid? I can clear through the tunnel, however I cannot seem to get the timing of hitting Thorim and jumping down into the area w/o getting instagibbed w/o using rocket boots. I've tried using Displacer Beast and cannot seem to get it right yet... anyone else have luck doing it w/o rocket boots?
    If you don't need anything from him specifically, and just want to get to later bosses, I'd suggest doing 10-man. He seems to activate the death ball much faster on 25, which makes the timing so much harder to not die.

Otherwise I think I've only managed the timing to activate and jump down once on 25, and I think I used nitros+DB for it . Nothing special about the timing for it other than it being very strict, to the point of needing to pull him and jump down the moment he becomes attackable.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    If you don't need anything from him specifically, and just want to get to later bosses, I'd suggest doing 10-man. He seems to activate the death ball much faster on 25, which makes the timing so much harder to not die.

Otherwise I think I've only managed the timing to activate and jump down once on 25, and I think I used nitros+DB for it . Nothing special about the timing for it other than it being very strict, to the point of needing to pull him and jump down the moment he becomes attackable.
    Doing it on 25man is probably my problem, then. Guess I'll have to skip him on 25man for legendary shards. At least I have treant timing down to a science from all the attempts I had.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

Field Marshal
    Sorry for being dumb, but would you mind running me through how to do it as Balance? I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Very nice, dude

Have been meaning to make an mmo champion account for like three years now, figured now was a good time. Anyways, for anyone having trouble with Yogg's first phase atm I seem to have figured out a reliable solution. Posted on the Official DNR forums, but since I'm a new mmo champion account, I can't post the link. So, I will just paste the text here. Also can't post my screenshot, sad day. Anyways, if you check the US DnR forums you should see it, or if you would like to just go to my post history (Shavok/Zul'jin), you could find it that way.

For anyone having trouble with Sara not dying during phase one of the Yogg Saron encounter, I have found a fix.

After quite a few pulls in the last hour and a half, I've figured out how to reliably push phase one currently. There must be no adds up as she finishes casting "Sara's Blessing." I believe this spell must be at the end of her cast sequence/cast chain nonsense. I'm not sure of the exact science of it, but I have been reliably able to push it at the ~8-12 guardian every time with starsurge procs and such.

Not sure how easy this would be for classes that don't have easy access to such huge burst, but ye, It's what I've figured out.

Also, not that screenshot really "proves" much, but here. You can see that Blessing was just applied to me. This has been the case with every pull I've done and pushed it. I had a pull earlier that went up to around guardian 83 with no extra clouds popped other than the inital ones. I manged to push her at that point with CA+NV+UVLS+double SS proc before she finished her blessing cast, which I feel supports my current theory greatly.

e: nevermind, just got a pull where she pushed after a fervor cast, so nevermind it the just being "blessing" theory. Though, I'm sure it just has to do with bursting them down before she finishes her cast. Every time I've pushed it, it has been right as she finished a cast with significant time to spare before another spawns, because she probably does a "check" of some sort to see if she should push. Bursting on the 8th or 9th add is significantly easier than doing it later, as the spawn speed ramps up significantly.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-09-14 at 11:39 PM.

Went through 5 pages of threads before noticing this was stickied.

Anywho just got Juggernaut's tank trinket since none of our main tanks wanted it and I'm trying to think of a case where the extra self-healing can help for a solo kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Went through 5 pages of threads before noticing this was stickied.

Anywho just got Juggernaut's tank trinket since none of our main tanks wanted it and I'm trying to think of a case where the extra self-healing can help for a solo kill.
    Yeah, I was caught by surprise too, especially considering how long it's been since I updated it, or soloed anything really.

About the trinket, I don't think it's THAT great that it'll instantly turn fights around, but an extra 5-6k HPS for a typical fight isn't bad. For reference, a fight like stone guard before the patch required ~70k HPS total, and doing enough DPS to kill it would have that trinket at ~7k HPS. 10% of your healing from 1 part of 1 trinket is not too shabby. Worth picking up at least, since no one really wants it in raids atm .

Braindwen: what the hax are you doing in PG tank endless mode?
    Was randomly looking at wowprogress scores last night & saw you were #1 on tank challenge now... any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Braindwen: what the hax are you doing in PG tank endless mode?
    Was randomly looking at wowprogress scores last night & saw you were #1 on tank challenge now... any tips?
    Lots, though going over each of the waves in detail would probably take a bit too long .

In general, you want to be using SD for pretty much everything. Maybe not the ambushers; they technically use their AoE on successful melee hits, but SD doesn't really prevent it as much as you might want. As far as casters go, you can either tank them or just let Sikari kill them for you. If you're tanking them, just outrange them until you're near the barricades, then just duck in and out of LoS with the barricades; they should rarely ever hurt you.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9.../1/?s=0&e=8041

132 waves, 5 fireball hits and 7 pyroblast hits .