Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twent View Post
    for some reason cant attack thorim when he jump down into the arena... doing the same as a guardian druid... :S

Did you aggro ALL mobs of the arena? When thorim jumps, is there still an Iron Dwarf waiting in the Arena?

I did several tries where pulled all arena mob except the Iron Dwarf close to thorim side. The fight always bugged. You must put your treants or tentacle not in the center but more near thorim, so it aggros all the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Did you aggro ALL mobs of the arena? When thorim jumps, is there still an Iron Dwarf waiting in the Arena?

I did several tries where pulled all arena mob except the Iron Dwarf close to thorim side. The fight always bugged. You must put your treants or tentacle not in the center but more near thorim, so it aggros all the mobs.
    This. I was using tentacle from Yogg, when I put it in the middle, dwarf wasn't aggro'ed. Putting it slightly on the side, closer to dwarf, solved the problem.
    Chase me if you dare! I run without a care!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojad View Post
    This. I was using tentacle from Yogg, when I put it in the middle, dwarf wasn't aggro'ed. Putting it slightly on the side, closer to dwarf, solved the problem.
    If you pull the dwarf all other mobs will come with it, so you can put it on the dwarf to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    If you pull the dwarf all other mobs will come with it, so you can put it on the dwarf to be safe.
    Yeah, everything else comes even if you do nothing in the arena. Leaving a tentacle, treant, or whatever in there is solely for the dwarf.

Otherwise, Thorim can be unattackable if you pull him too early into his RP. Get to the end of the gauntlet, kill the arena mobs, and then pull him as soon as Sif starts talking (which is when he becomes attackable) and quickly jump down.

Sigh..
    So I got HC Blackhorn as Guardian. On that fight good play will only take you so far; good RNG is required. I gave it a few tries as feral and was able to get into the second phase quite easily but got eaten alive once nature's vigil fell off (as expected). As guardian the second phase is a one shot, but getting there is a huge challenge.

Can't seem to kill Yogg 0 lights as boomkin, the entire phase 1 I am slowed by 60% and getting stunned/feared every 2 seconds, managed to get into the brain room and killed the brain but when I came out I was just feared silenced and stunned forever until I ran out of sanity. Half my spells also seem to only want to hit 20k so that's no fun. Any help?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-05 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Can't seem to kill Yogg 0 lights as boomkin, the entire phase 1 I am slowed by 60% and getting stunned/feared every 2 seconds, managed to get into the brain room and killed the brain but when I came out I was just feared silenced and stunned forever until I ran out of sanity. Half my spells also seem to only want to hit 20k so that's no fun. Any help?
    I'd recommend killing the corruptor tentacles that cast all those nasty debuffs first. While we can dispel most of the ones they put out, it's the ones that we cannot dispel as druids that are the real danger. I know the crusher tentacles debuff your damage, but getting debuffed to death is much worse than slightly lower damage output initially (the corrupter tentacles barely have any health, anyways). If there are any tentacles remaining once you get out of the brain room or transition to the last phase, same priority applies: corruptor tentacles first, crushers second.

As a slight aside, the corruptor tentacles have a level of 82, I believe. Therefore, they will have a decent chance to miss with their spells, allowing more time to kill them even if your damage is debuffed by crusher tentacles. All it takes is one plague to make your life miserable, so they're still priority.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I'd recommend killing the corruptor tentacles that cast all those nasty debuffs first. While we can dispel most of the ones they put out, it's the ones that we cannot dispel as druids that are the real danger. I know the crusher tentacles debuff your damage, but getting debuffed to death is much worse than slightly lower damage output initially (the corrupter tentacles barely have any health, anyways). If there are any tentacles remaining once you get out of the brain room or transition to the last phase, same priority applies: corruptor tentacles first, crushers second.

As a slight aside, the corruptor tentacles have a level of 82, I believe. Therefore, they will have a decent chance to miss with their spells, allowing more time to kill them even if your damage is debuffed by crusher tentacles. All it takes is one plague to make your life miserable, so they're still priority.

Purification Potion helps a ton here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilissimo1 View Post
    nice guide!
    I think the guide is very outdated, if it haven't been updated recently and the thread have turned into a soloing discuision thread.

Feng the Accursed uses Epicenter waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often, the first phase lasts waaay too long and is way too boring. Second phase is a lot more challenging, but gosh...

Oh the good side at least the enrage is survivable for quite some time. Far longer on druid than I can imagine a death knight surviving. It's vicious though, even though his attack animations don't show the speed that he hits. I say 30% of his hp is survivable at enrage with good timing (possibly probably more), but at that point his debuffs will kill you, as barrier will be on cooldown.

Braindwen stop slacking. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Feng the Accursed uses Epicenter waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often, the first phase lasts waaay too long and is way too boring. Second phase is a lot more challenging, but gosh...
    Every other one is mostly skippable, because for whatever reason barrier stays even after you stop channeling it. Just cast it with about 6s left on his cast, and continue attacking.

Also, if anything, getting it down to the point of mauling (almost) on CD while still surviving p1 is a fun enough challenge .

My best on him was about 15% so far, but I haven't upgraded gear in forever .

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Every other one is mostly skippable, because for whatever reason barrier stays even after you stop channeling it. Just cast it with about 6s left on his cast, and continue attacking.

Also, if anything, getting it down to the point of mauling (almost) on CD while still surviving p1 is a fun enough challenge .

My best on him was about 15% so far, but I haven't upgraded gear in forever .
    Ah that's why my first mangle after cancelling always hit him. I only had one try on him before I decided that it was too boring. Thanks for that tip.
    How fast were you doing the first phase? I remember having having used nearly like 5 minutes on it with a chocking dps of 115k.
    The flames beneath your character in the second phase don't seem to give vengeance, right? Going up to a high amount of stacks (flame spear debuff) during that phase does however. I didn't try how much I could manage though.

I'm curious to how much damage you'd usually be doing to him during enrage? I'm also trying to think of the best moment to use bloodlust drums, but I'm unsure.

Like 9 epicenters, I forget. I went from berserk right as arcane started to about a minute into arcane when I realized I could cancel barrier and still have it running.

I don't know whether the ground flames give vengeance, they never felt worth it even if they did.

I also don't remember my damage after berserk, it varied from 0-~10-15% iirc.

Finally, remember drums rip you out of bear. I'd "pre-pot" them, then use it again if I could safely switch out of bear before berserk (and not bother if I couldn't). Other benefit to that is that the sated debuff is a convenient timer for berserk .

Flames on the ground don't give vengeance on Feng
    and yeah... p1 is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Finally, remember drums rip you out of bear. I'd "pre-pot" them, then use it again if I could safely switch out of bear before berserk (and not bother if I couldn't). Other benefit to that is that the sated debuff is a convenient timer for berserk .
    Yeah I thought something like blink, drum, bear form, Survival instincts just before the boss berserks, but I can't really imagine it being worth it, considering that you lose current vengeance. It's a dumb fight, so I'll probably wait with attempting him again until I get some more gear. How would you think about using high stamina trinkets for it and embracing the enrage? My frenzied regens were healing for over a million, and would top me up no matter what. Doubt it's possible that way though. 100% crit (or whatever it is for all attacks that aren't mangle and melee) over haste is probably the way to go.

You can just use the drums then either cast bear form or MoU to get back quickly. No real need to range the boss, just find a time they're not attacking (velocity), or just do it between attacks. You want to use it pre-berserk anyway.

You only lose vengeance if you go into cat form, so blinking away is almost always inferior.

For those of you that are like me and insist on killing Yogg as Guardian what Glyphs and Talents are you going with? Not sure Fae Silence is worth not being able to use FF as often and if I can kill Yogg in one Brain Phase I won't need HotW.

I can solo LK 25man HC without problem as a moonkin so I was wondering, how hard is Yogg 0 keepers ? Do i need to clear entire Ulduar to get to him, can i do it on 10man and then switch to 25man or what? It has been years since i stepped inside Ulduar so I forgot many things

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Do i need to clear entire Ulduar to get to him, can i do it on 10man and then switch to 25man or what? It has been years since i stepped inside Ulduar so I forgot many things
    You can skip some bosses, but have to kill a few on the way to Yogg prison, all keepers and Vezax. You can clear everything on 10 and then switch to 25 for Yogg. You can also get lockout on your alt, so you dont have to deal with whole instance every week.
    Chase me if you dare! I run without a care!