1. #1
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,440

    WoD Balance Power Tracker?

    According to Zarhym, addons will be enabled on Beta in a few weeks --> https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/486359164764299265

    Are there anyone working on a Balance Power Tracker, that will be ready for testing, when addons are enabled?

    If it can display some kind of warning when the most optimal time to DoT, Stellar Flare and other small CDs, it would be awesome..

  2. #2
    Sounds more like work for WeakAuras.

    Other than that, a movable Eclipse bar is all i would really want. Preferably a circular one.

  3. #3
    The Patient Drweird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds more like work for WeakAuras.

    Other than that, a movable Eclipse bar is all i would really want. Preferably a circular one.

    For the way our Eclipse works now (ie being on a fixed timer) I feel like circular might actually work. Possibly. I feel like we'd have to see it in action.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    For the way our Eclipse works now (ie being on a fixed timer) I feel like circular might actually work. Possibly. I feel like we'd have to see it in action.
    Well, the new Eclipse is explicitly a sine wave, so circular would be the most appropriate.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,440
    So, the question remains: Is anyone working on it?

  6. #6
    Beta still isn't open for addons. It would be pointless to start working now without a test environment.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Beta still isn't open for addons. It would be pointless to start working now without a test environment.
    Not if it's something being made from scratch...

    From my programming days, back in the 8s and 90s, I made hundreds of line of code, I couldn't test for days.. It's not (or atleast it WASN'T) uncommon practice...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not if it's something being made from scratch...

    From my programming days, back in the 8s and 90s, I made hundreds of line of code, I couldn't test for days.. It's not (or atleast it WASN'T) uncommon practice...
    You are completely right, I agree but there is also the fluidity of the mechanics at this stage. Could invalidate your work from one build to another.

  9. #9
    Accepting donations in the form of beta keys so that I may start working on "addons" '

  10. #10
    Actually I could see it working more like %bonus/%bonus with each damage type %bonus on each side and the larger one highlighted or something.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome lappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    611
    WoWs own eclipse bar works just fine, however personally i'd prefer it to be time based rather than eclipse power based (for obvious reasons).

    But if some1 wants to make a nice addon, a circular or sine wave one would be nice... Both with timers that easily indicate (preferably) how long it takes to be at 0 point again (0 being mid eclipse).

    Shouldnt be too hard in the sense of programming the math, I just never bothered my self with wow lua

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •