Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You did pretty amazing job when I was gone playing SW ToR. And wonderful guide btw. I was always so bad as Bear soloing anything so I can't rly hope for true competition but I will be trying to solo stuff as feral, not guardian, so we'll see, what's possible.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2012-11-11 at 01:15 PM.

I'm not entirely sure I've seen this thread before. I think I might have, but the overhaul you did with MoP makes it look like a completely new thread.

Now, I have some constructive feedback to come with. I like the formatting. It's all very well structured, which makes it very pleasant to read. I miss a legend in the talent section, though. I suppose green is good, yellow is mediocre and red is bad, but it's good to have one there, and the fact that a few of the frames around the talents are thicker than the others, makes it more confusing. The same goes for the fact that you only seem to comment a few of the talents, mostly non-green ones.

Also, I suppose the filler tag in the difficulty column in the raid tables merely means you haven't decided what difficulty rating to give it yet? It would be nice to know, as it made me wonder.

Just as a heads up, the note on Razorscale needs an update as we don't have Pulverize any longer. I'm sure you will revise the entire guide as you update it, but it's easy to overlook something.

I will take a closer look on the guide later on, and might come with more feedback.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work on this guide expand with time, for that which is already completed looks great. Why this hasn't been stickied yet is truly beyond me.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-11-12 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Typo.

Just wanted to thank Braindwen for helping me fullfill my WoW dream of tanking Illidan in Black Temple (the boss that got me into raiding in the first place).

Just wanted to chime in with some additional information for Reliquary Of Souls.

Gear: I was in 475 gear, hit / exp > mastery > crit > haste
    Spec: You'll need Nature's Vigil / Incarnation. Renewal is highly recommend
    Glyphs: Cat Form / Skull Bash / Savagery
    Consumables: I used Flask of Spring Blossoms (Agi flask), Sauteed Carrots (250 agi food) and Virmen's Bite (4000 agi for 20 seconds)

(additional info, my trinkets are Bottle of Infinite Stars (LFR edition) and Zen Alchemist Stone and using Dancing Steel on my weapon. 8557 Proccable Agi)

Macro:
    Code:
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    /cast Nature's vigil
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Incarnation: King Of The jungle
    /use Virmen's Bite
    (This macro saves a fair bit of time, instead of pressing 5 buttons, only pressing 1!)

On Essence of Desire, I Savaged Roared about 2 seconds before she appeared, mangle / mangle / use the above macro / applied dots and Ravage as much as I could. The Spirit Shock is very quick to cast. Be quicker. Rune shield can be easily dpsed through. I ended up having about 10-15% of her health left when she shocked me. Dots finished her off.

Rest of the fight is cake.

Also defeated Alysrazor as Feral. Use the video that Braindwen used in the OP. Clear Lord Rhyoliths trash up to the void walker dude (forgotten his name). He'll run off and no more of that trash will spawn. If you're having issues with healing yourself in the ground phase, use Heart of the Wild to heal yourself up. Will take some attempts to get used to the mechanics of the fight.

Speaking of Lord Rhyolith, using the gear I described earlier, I was able to turn him (In Guardian), however not really knowing the fight, I failed and called it quits after about 5-10 attempts (will need to research the fight some more)

For Razorgore:
    When I was attempting this boss at 85, I had a set of gear that had no gear in it. Then I equiped my normal gear. This brought me down to about 50% health. Just a little tip everyone

Hope this helps someone out in one shape or another!

(Edit: Clarified Lord Rhyolith as being in Guardian spec)
    Last edited by Apacheto; 2012-11-12 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I've seen this thread before. I think I might have, but the overhaul you did with MoP makes it look like a completely new thread.

Now, I have some constructive feedback to come with. I like the formatting. It's all very well structured, which makes it very pleasant to read. I miss a legend in the talent section, though. I suppose green is good, yellow is mediocre and red is bad, but it's good to have one there, and the fact that a few of the frames around the talents are thicker than the others, makes it more confusing. The same goes for the fact that you only seem to comment a few of the talents, mostly non-green ones.

Also, I suppose the filler tag in the difficulty column in the raid tables merely means you haven't decided what difficulty rating to give it yet? It would be nice to know, as it made me wonder.

Just as a heads up, the note on Razorscale needs an update as we don't have Pulverize any longer. I'm sure you will revise the entire guide as you update it, but it's easy to overlook something.

I will take a closer look on the guide later on, and might come with more feedback.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work on this guide expand with time, for that which is already completed looks great. Why this hasn't been stickied yet is truly beyond me.
    Talents: When I switched it and put talents in with the specs, I forgot to add the color description in. Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it.
    The thickness differences is just me not paying attention when making those pictures in paint. I should probably fix them, but for now, just know they have no significance.

Filler was mostly there to help me with formatting initially. It's easier to see what it looks like when there's text in every cell. It's also helpful for me to go through and see what I need to fix up later... though I've been so slow about doing that it's not helping much.

I could have sworn I'd fixed stuff like razor (and I did. I mention that we can't pulverize Lac off anymore. Though I guess it *is* a little confusing if you don't know what pulverize used to be). I know from experience how awkward it is now with no pulverize and 16s thrash (and she does still kill in one stun through 400k health ). I'll take a look and see if anything else is that far off.

Finally, it *is* stickied. It's in the important/helpful threads index. If you take a look in there, you can see pretty clearly why those threads aren't stickied separately, they'd take up half the page.

Edit: Faction champions is HILLARIOUS.
    Berserk, 5 seconds later both melee are dead.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-11-12 at 04:57 AM.

Thought id update my last priestess kilnara video, this will help speed up people's mount run by a huge amount hopefully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIQF...ature=youtu.be

Peroth'arn in Well of Eternity makes for an interesting fight. One can only heal half of the fight and also takes a stacking debuff that increases damage taken by 10% per application. The debuff is applied whenever Peroth'arn successfully hits the target with a melee attack. I was thinking FoN could be used to taunt Peroth'arn and have the debuff drop (last phase), but I'm not using this myself.

This being my first proper solo fight, I use this fight as a means of learning the ropes of both soloing and tanking. Being completely unfamiliar with the location of all my cooldowns and abilities (I pretty much just put up all my abilities on the action bar, not having tanked anything since WotLK, if I'm not mistaken), it has taken some tens of attempts so far, and I'm still working on him. I had a 3% wipe not too long in, and I then realised that this was easily doable with just some more practice.

It would be interesting if other soloers could put up a video of them doing this fight for comparison. I haven't found a single video of a druid soloing this fight yet.

Edit: And there he went down, after what must have been 40-50 attempts. *peeping at the skeletons littering the area* I at least feel that I'm getting the hang of this now. *grin*
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-11-15 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Hello ,

I tried Arctagon, i tried...
    First try in Feral, I wiped at 61% without CD but without food, flask, potion, stamina buff etc... but it's doable.
    First try in Bear, down, Just keep the CDs for the end. Video will be upload on my youtube channel in two hours about. But I recognize, I had snapped all my CDs on him. I did him for the achievement too
    I've got a gear 482 (weapon 463 grrrrr), maybe it helps.

For a challenge, I did a challenge boss : Wise Mari.
    The fight ended after 27 minutes. It was a long kiting encounter.
    I really think balance can do him, just think to take the talent Faerie Swarm for slow the big water mobs !

I don't have the will to kill Ryolith actually. This boss has a very important part of RNG.

Eventually, I wait for a better weapon for THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOSS OF THE GAME (for me) : Ascendant Council Actually very very very insane for the dps and for the survival !

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Hello ,

I tried Arctagon, i tried...
    First try in Feral, I wiped at 61% without CD but without food, flask, potion, stamina buff etc... but it's doable.
    First try in Bear, down, Just keep the CDs for the end. Video will be upload on my youtube channel in two hours about. But I recognize, I had snapped all my CDs on him. I did him for the achievement too
    I've got a gear 482 (weapon 463 grrrrr), maybe it helps.

I really think balance can do him, just think to take the talent Faerie Swarm for slow the big water mobs !

I don't have the will to kill Ryolith actually. This boss has a very important part of RNG.

Eventually, I wait for a better weapon for THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOSS OF THE GAME (for me) : Ascendant Council Actually very very very insane for the dps and for the survival !
    Wow, getting a reply from Wannoob himself isn't something you get everyday. Honoured, sir.

Haha, with that first line there, you really had me wondering whether the fight was actually considered difficult. Stop trolling me. :C

Hm, should it be possible to do it as Feral, I think one would need to save offensive CDs for the last phase to burn through his enrage, as I doubt they will be off CD by then if they're used upon entering the fight.
    You got him down on your first attempt as bear? Damn, that's good. Not that I didn't expect anything else from you, though. :b I'm luckily still on the steep end of the learning curve. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing the video, and I will obviously watch the one with Wise Mari in the meantime.

Ironically enough, it seems like most of us agility druids (I just realised I can't say Feral anymore :c) are very unlucky with weapons, when they are such a considerable upgrade. Mihir seemed to always be an exception here, though, that bastard.

Currently, I'm working on setting up a document, a progression list of every single dungeon and raid currently in the game. I'm really looking forward to beginning on my soloing project.

Razorgore the Untamed is not possible at 90, if you have feral gear in resto spec you do too little damage to kill the mobs off, and if you are in resto gear your regrowth heals for too much so the HoT is not ticking and still you do too little damage to kill the adds off

Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    Razorgore the Untamed is not possible at 90, if you have feral gear in resto spec you do too little damage to kill the mobs off, and if you are in resto gear your regrowth heals for too much so the HoT is not ticking and still you do too little damage to kill the adds off
    Funny, considering I killed it on the first try. One thrash in bear form tears every non-dragonkin add apart.
    Killer Instinct: gives 100% of int as agility.

Try Stormstout Brewery. The trash isn't too terrible, and Ook-ook is actually possible, as long as you kite him in between ground pounds and hit him/run away again while he's casting. Of course, if you actually let him melee you, he's going to kill you before you know what happens :P.
    Sadly, Hoptallus isn't happening .

As for ascendant council? Have fun. I ended up at 30k health, next tick of the lightning would have almost certainly killed me.

Deleted
    As for ascendant council? Have fun. I ended up at 30k health, next tick of the lightning would have almost certainly killed me.
    Waouw, you did it !

I thought for Cho'Gall, and, maybe FoN could be an interesting choice for the destack.
    Anyway, the corruption is a problem with the mobs incantations, we can CS just 1/2 Depravity. Without Incarnation, the dps will it be enough ?
    The P2 could be difficult too, how can we kill 4 tentacles with their reductions of damage and heal ? Perhaps they have a time of initialization time of apparition...

For the first boss of Stormstout Brewery, I'll try him. Thanks for the information .

I don't know if it's a fantasy but the second boss of Pandashan Monastery might be feasible...

I'll start with by the boss of all MoP instances in heroic difficulty. For the moment, I block on the Sha of Violence...

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    I thought for Cho'Gall, and, maybe FoN could be an interesting choice for the destack.
    Anyway, the corruption is a problem with the mobs incantations, we can CS just 1/2 Depravity. Without Incarnation, the dps will it be enough ?
    The P2 could be difficult too, how can we kill 4 tentacles with their reductions of damage and heal ? Perhaps they have a time of initialization time of apparition...
    I didn't bother with Cho'gall at all . The monstrosity only had 5.1M health (add health: 22/22/26/17%), and he STILL took forever to kill, I can't imagine Cho'gall would be killable in time. I should at least give it a try though.
    When I was trying Halfus with slate, treants weren't taunting him. They were helpful to keep him occupied until I could get nether+slate active, but that was about it. My guess is the BoT bosses are flagged as raid bosses and treants don't taunt them. Again, I didn't try it, but I'm not hopeful about it.

Awesome guide!

Just curious about the Ulduar guide. Most of this all says easy.... is that for 10 or 25man? and Normal or Heroic mode?

I tried it on the weekend, as a guardian druid in cat gear, iLvl 467.
    I tried 25man and it took my about 10 goes to get Flame Leviathan on normal mode. Was tricky, but now I think I can probably try heroic mode next week.

I then tried Ignis who I couldnt get below ~85% before I died. I tried killing constructs, I tried ignoring them.
    I then tried Razorscale, who was easy enough until she enraged and smashed me. Only got her to ~30% at best.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here? Makes me wonder if the further on heroic modes are even possible?

Any guidance would be great!

I think all of the encounters are 10-man normal done as Guardian, unless otherwise is specified.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I think all of the encounters are 10-man normal done as Guardian, unless otherwise is specified.
    Yup, that^.
    Although 25-ulduar isn't too bad. FL is a bit annoying, tbh I just never bother because 10-man is so much faster and simpler.
    I've done Ignis, It wasn't bad at all, I just pointed him into the water all fight, and occasionally constructs would die (because they build a few stacks before scorch gets put out even pointing him into water), but he had ~4-5 constructs all fight and it was never really dangerous. Obviously I outgear you, so that could be a reason it was so different.
    I've also done razor... actually as feral. That involved a LOT of kiting in phase 2, since she meleed way too hard to tank through. Guardian can do it just fine though, I had her grounded on the 3rd harpoon phase, and I'm sure that if I hadn't forgotten about lacerate and gotten wrecked by the stun, I would have killed her off easily.

I don't see any reason that XT would be hard either, kolo was doable at 85 so... yeah. And I'm sure several others are doable as well. The OP is about 10 man though.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Yup, that^.
    Although 25-ulduar isn't too bad. FL is a bit annoying, tbh I just never bother because 10-man is so much faster and simpler.
    I've done Ignis, It wasn't bad at all, I just pointed him into the water all fight, and occasionally constructs would die (because they build a few stacks before scorch gets put out even pointing him into water), but he had ~4-5 constructs all fight and it was never really dangerous. Obviously I outgear you, so that could be a reason it was so different.
    I've also done razor... actually as feral. That involved a LOT of kiting in phase 2, since she meleed way too hard to tank through. Guardian can do it just fine though, I had her grounded on the 3rd harpoon phase, and I'm sure that if I hadn't forgotten about lacerate and gotten wrecked by the stun, I would have killed her off easily.

I don't see any reason that XT would be hard either, kolo was doable at 85 so... yeah. And I'm sure several others are doable as well. The OP is about 10 man though.
    Thanks for the info. 10man has been pretty easy... just tank and spank for the most part.
    Just want to try get some fragments really, so 25man.

Any tips for Iron Assembly 25man?

Quote Originally Posted by spongetom View Post
    Any tips for Iron Assembly 25man?
    No clue, never tried it.
    I'd assume killing anything except steelbreaker first would be suicide. You might also want to kill stormcaller 2nd if the berserk timer is at all an issue, I'm not sure how long it is but all the time he spends floating in the air could be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Funny, considering I killed it on the first try. One thrash in bear form tears every non-dragonkin add apart.
    Killer Instinct: gives 100% of int as agility.
    Well according to this guide you should be resto to get regrowth to continue ticking and in feral or guardian regrowth doesn't tick endlessly below 50% and in resto you don't have killer instinct or thrash

Or rather, you don't have access to Regrowth at all as any other spec than Resto. It's spec specific now. Killer Instinct is applied to both Balance and Restoration, because they are non-agility specs, and Nurturing Instinct is applied to Feral and Guardian, because they are non-caster specs. You are correct on Thrash, though. It's exclusive to Feral and Guardian. Luckily, Swipe is class-wide.