Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Or rather, you don't have access to Regrowth at all as any other spec than Resto. It's spec specific now. Killer Instinct is applied to both Balance and Restoration, because they are non-agility specs, and Nurturing Instinct is applied to Feral and Guardian, because they are non-caster specs. You are correct on Thrash, though. It's exclusive to Feral and Guardian. Luckily, Swipe is class-wide.
    I have bear thrash on my resto druid. Do not ask me why, because I know I don't have cat thrash, but I have bear thrash. Even if I drag it so I can access the button in cat form, it won't let me use it, saying "requires bear form".

You know, I haven't thought about it much, but I might be bugged . It's just never bothered me because it's been there ever since 5.0 first hit, in my balance and resto specs.

Regardless, swipe or hurricane should do the trick, and those are available to everyone.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-11-19 at 04:08 PM.

Huh, that's weird, because the spellbook says that it's exclusive to Feral and Guardian. I suppose you're bugged, then. :b I will check it out when I get there myself.

This thread is amazing, wish I knew about it sooner. Now I can't wait to go grab a bunch of achievements I don't have. It's great to be a druid.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

Deleted
    Can this thread get a sticky already?

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Finally, it *is* stickied. It's in the important/helpful threads index. If you take a look in there, you can see pretty clearly why those threads aren't stickied separately, they'd take up half the page.
    By asking for it to be stickied, you're confirming that you ignore the stickied threads, which defeats the purpose of getting it stickied.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-11-23 at 01:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    Can this thread get a sticky already?
    It's listed in a stickied post of helpful threads.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Hello,

I post today, because I tried a lot of things (without a good weapon...) :

- Magmaw : Magmaw is not very difficult. At first, I thought I had to stay near the boss. It was not easy
    When I stayed at distance, it was immediately better.
    Easy is the world. 6 seconds of the berserk without strike the boss when he was in normal phases.

- Atramedes : Halfus... you see? Atramedes is just a joke. Halfus is more difficult than Atramedes !
    Edit : I tried Heroic Atramedes. 82%. He has a berserk (10 mins).

- Chimaeron : Chimaeron is very special. Management is needed for the rage. 19%, 7min berserk doable with my stuff (ilvl 483-weapon463) but we need the luck ! The CD rotation is extremely ''demanding''.

- Challenge Ook-Ook : On the paper, it's easy but in practice... It's useless and insane... 61% after 10 minutes, because we don't have enough space. This is not a boss, just a headache !

Have any druids been able to solo Viscidus since the 5.1 changes? I grabbed a frost damage polearm from Storm Peaks and freezing the boss is not a problem. However, I've been unable to shatter him so I get stuck at 1 HP. The best I've been able to do (as feral) is with two trinkets that spawn temporary combat pets, a haste potion and haste food.

I was about to post about these changes myself, and try out the bosses that were listed. I haven't come as far as to try them out, though. Naj'entus never was a problem before the patch, so there shouldn't be any difference there. I was especially curious about Viscidus, so I'm going to check him out. Did you fight him after the 5.1 changes, or were you simply describing your attempts on Viscidus from before the patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Have any druids been able to solo Viscidus since the 5.1 changes? I grabbed a frost damage polearm from Storm Peaks and freezing the boss is not a problem. However, I've been unable to shatter him so I get stuck at 1 HP. The best I've been able to do (as feral) is with two trinkets that spawn temporary combat pets, a haste potion and haste food.
    Use treants, save Berserk for the shatter. I managed to get it done with about 10% haste, although it was very close, about 1 sec till he thawed. (I didn't have Berserk up though :O)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

So he's the same as before, only requiring less hits before freezing and shattering?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Use treants, save Berserk for the shatter. I managed to get it done with about 10% haste, although it was very close, about 1 sec till he thawed. (I didn't have Berserk up though :O)
    This was probably over-kill, but I managed to easily complete this the first attempt after reading your Treeants suggestion; I completely forgot about them!

Commander's Badge (Netherwing)

Quilen Statuette (Archaeology)

I also reforged to about 10% haste. Between the increase in haste and all the summoned helpers, he shattered almost instantly.

These videos might not be much, but I will have more with the new old content stuff with the new raid mechanics.

Sarth 10 3D w/ trash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaL3ecoUQCM

Sunwell - atm they are looking into Kalegos, maybe he will be soloable in the future?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZdSlLY54FE

Ill have some other raids up next week as I ran outta hhd space and got saved already ;|

Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    Well according to this guide you should be resto to get regrowth to continue ticking and in feral or guardian regrowth doesn't tick endlessly below 50% and in resto you don't have killer instinct or thrash
    I was playing around with this before class this morning. On my third attempt (post 5.1) I was able to kill Razorgore. Only wiped the first two times as I noticed my bear thrash hit razorgore, doing about 80k damage to him.

1. Safest bet is to be Guardian (most damage reduction) and specced for Renewal. Force of Nature would probably be useful too but not needed.
    2. Shift into Bear, kill the first 3 adds.
    3. MC Razorgore, start breaking eggs. You should be able to clear the half of the room with the orb before more than 2-3 waves of adds spawn.
    4. NEVER use Razoregore's Fireball ability.
    5. Use Razorgore's hibernate on dragons that are attacking him, otherwise ignore all adds.
    6. When first channel breaks, you should be fine health wise, just bear thrash, cast rejuv, go back to bear and click the orb.
    7. Continue killing eggs. During the second channel you may have to cancel early due to the large number of adds by now, just use renewal and/or repeat step 6 until all eggs are dead.
    8. Once all eggs dead, adds run away and boss heals back to full. Kill at your leisure.

Continued to solo the rest of the raid since I was already there and didn't have time for anything else. Glad that I did as for some reason I thought Razorgore dropped the pet, not Broodlord, so now I never have to run BWL again...again.

Edit: You want to clear the eggs closest to the orb first so that when the channel ends or you have to cancel it, you minimize the chance of hitting razorgore with any abilities.

So far only done Najeentus and Razorgore post 5.1. I assume the Naxx boss will be a joke as guardian. Vicisidous I'm probably just going to duo on multiple characters since I don't really feel like respeccing for cat, reforging for haste, and buying consumables I'll only use for that fight.

Fortunately the title is still 5.0, so I don't feel too bad about not updating the bosses that were changed yet. Razor should definitely not require resto any longer (since it's not a 6 minute fight anymore, no need to keep everything off him long-term), and Visc should be possible. Naj should go from easy to, well... easy.

I'll get around to naj, razor, and visc eventually. I'll also be trying out gunship in ICC, since that was changed as well, though it seems like more of an accidental bug than an intended change. Getting in a cannon while soloing will no longer force the fight to reset, so the encounter is possible now, albeit still a bit tough.

If EU blue posts are anything to go by, RoS should be very easy now too. 10s CD on spirit shock.
    And C'thun was changed as well. Also Twin emps, though I am REALLY confused as to why a 20k DPS requirement was too high for anyone.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-11-30 at 06:17 PM.

I was able to solo Razorgore and Visc yesterday (post 5.1).

Razoregore (Gaurdian) - Used a similar strat that Trubo used, except I used treants to taunt adds off Razorgore after the second mind control.

Viscidus (Feral) - For Viscidus, I used Kokiron's strat (wowhead comments). Put elemental force enchant on weapon, then once he is frozen pop berserk and treants to shatter. Worked on first attempt.
    Last edited by HungryHustler; 2012-11-30 at 08:01 PM.

By the patch notes' wording, I was thinking the bosses that were mentioned were the only bosses that were changed. Apparently not. Viscidus is way easier than many here seem to think. There's no need to reforge into haste, bring special potions and whatnot. Viscidus requires 20 frost attacks to freeze him and 15 attacks in 15 seconds to shatter him (source). If you go kitty you would in other words be able to shatter him only through auto-attack.

I never did solo Twin Emperors, but their healing was reduced, so 16k DPS is all you need in order to beat the enrage timer now. I'm not sure what the DPS requirement was before, but they healed for 30k every second. I imagine that they were easy at level 90, so I don't really think this was needed.

Regarding Razorgore, what is changed about him?

Viscidus:
    You only need 20 frost attacks to freeze him.
    After that you need 15 physical attacks in 15sec to kill him.

Twin Emperors:
    The healing got reduced. You only need 16k dps to kill the bosses before the enrage timer kicks in.

C'Thun:
    The one-shot ability got removed. You can kill the tentacles inside the brain and then go for
    the boss again.

Al'ar:
    He is not immune to fire damage anymore.

Reliquary of Souls:
    Essence of Desire casts Spirit Shock every 10sec, the debuff only lasts 4sec.

Gunship Battle:
    If all members are using the cannons and no one is outside, the battle doesn't reset anymore.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967569061#6

I haven't seen any changes for Razorgore. Post 5.1 the only mention of him i have seen from Blizzard is to use his sleep dragonkin ablility. I never tried to solo him until they added pets to classic raids.

That's kind of the exact same thread I was linking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    By the patch notes' wording, I was thinking the bosses that were mentioned were the only bosses that were changed. Apparently not. Viscidus is way easier than many here seem to think. There's no need to reforge into haste, bring special potions and whatnot. Viscidus requires 20 frost attacks to freeze him and 15 attacks in 15 seconds to shatter him (source). If you go kitty you would in other words be able to shatter him only through auto-attack.

I never did solo Twin Emperors, but their healing was reduced, so 16k DPS is all you need in order to beat the enrage timer now. I'm not sure what the DPS requirement was before, but they healed for 30k every second. I imagine that they were easy at level 90, so I don't really think this was needed.

Regarding Razorgore, what is changed about him?
    Well dang, that makes the fight a joke then. Could probably be guardian and just pop Berserk or Incarnation just before he fully freezes and be fine.

As for Twin Emps, I know Feral was able to solo them back in Firelands. Pretty sure you only need 25k dps but the way I was doing it was Feral Charging for the free Ravage when they ported (finally got the last enchant from there). Granted the fight took about 7 minutes then and you had to switch to bear for frenzied regen.

Edit:

Razorgore changes that I noticed.

1. Cooldown on Break Egg was reduced to 0.5 seconds, same cast time as pre-patch I think.
    2. Razorgore can hibernate multiple dragonkin.
    3. The debuff for starting a channel wears off after 10 or so seconds, versus the original 40-ish.
    4. Getting hit while channeling no longer reduces the channel by 15% or so. Think it's only 0.5. seconds every few hits.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-11-30 at 11:00 PM.