Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can a guardian/moonkin solo Yogg with 0 keepers up?

If your asking about 0 keepers 10m, I believe druids did 1 keeper. The only difference is the stacking of those adds with 0 keeper. It would cause the boss to heal a shit ton more, however with our ilvl, we should be able to outdps that easily. For 25m, I am not sure how well we can do for that.

I should really gear out my dk for soloing purposes... too bad he is only 80 haha

Now that my guild stopped raiding, I should invest some time into soloing something challenaging or lvling alts that can solo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    If your asking about 0 keepers 10m, I believe druids did 1 keeper. The only difference is the stacking of those adds with 0 keeper. It would cause the boss to heal a shit ton more, however with our ilvl, we should be able to outdps that easily. For 25m, I am not sure how well we can do for that.

I should really gear out my dk for soloing purposes... too bad he is only 80 haha

Now that my guild stopped raiding, I should invest some time into soloing something challenaging or lvling alts that can solo stuff.
    Boss doesn't heal if you drag the beacon'd add far enough away. The difficulty would be surviving ~30ish adds at full hp (at least until you aoe them back down.)

If its 10m, i believe you can easily burst the 30% of yoggs hp with hotw cat form or even bear berserk. 25m is another situation though.

Well I was talking about 10man since Mimis head drops from 10man also As a moonkin with all cds i can take 10+ my lvl mobs without issue and dps them down fast.

anyway thanks, will try it when i have time

Mim's head does not drop from 10m, unless they changed it one of these patches. It doesn't drop. Only 25m

Its actually good.
    I think it will be easier to solo yogg+0 as lvl80 than as lvl90. You'll do pretty much the same damage as lvl90 and they wont even be able to hit you because of the avoidance cap. It'll take you some time and money to gather full 409 gear ofc.

Mim's head does not drop from 10m, unless they changed it one of these patches. It doesn't drop. Only 25m
    I was sure i read somewhere it does drop since they share CDs, but i might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I was sure i read somewhere it does drop since they share CDs, but i might be wrong
    You are wrong. 10 and 25 man got totally different loot tables (that were never merged), and I've never seen anyone that confirmed that he got mimiron's head in 10man.

Most likely you mixed up yogg with malygos. Its true that blizzard added 25man drake from malygos in 10man loot. But it happened just with malygos and only because they used 10man malygos drake for Oculus additional reward in late wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You are wrong. 10 and 25 man got totally different loot tables (that were never merged), and I've never seen anyone that confirmed that he got mimiron's head in 10man.

Most likely you mixed up yogg with malygos. Its true that blizzard added 25man drake from malygos in 10man loot. But it happened just with malygos and only because they used 10man malygos drake for Oculus additional reward in late wotlk.
    Oh well now it rings a bell There is some trinket from 10man, cant rememeber what it does

Well i can still do Onyxia and Malygos for mounts

Deleted
    I propose a long post today

First of all, WoTLK raids :

ICC :

Putricide 25 = just a dpscheck, the battle has actually become ugly, sleep in the puddles of poison to gain 3k vengeance... 85k+ to pass him.
    Sindragosa 25 = a dpscheck too, survival is present in the last phase, because of the number of stacks, it's necessary (sometimes) to stop the damages on the boss. 65k+ dps.
    LK 25 = Dps and survival, doable without engineering, the hardest part of the fight is really the end of the first transition with the horrors (3 or 4, if you have 5 of this things, you just don't have the dps). With the dps on adds, you need 115k+ to pass the enrage.

ToC :

Northrend beasts 25 : dps too high, but it's possible to pass the first with the FoN. About the worms... we don't have enough dps today.

Ulduar :

Flame Leviathan 25 : I skip this boss (joke).
    Ignis 25 : Not really difficult, the damages are low.
    XT 25 : Dps check, keep your CDs for the heart, use Ursol Vortex on the adds and kill the bombs.
    Kologarn 25 : Doable at lvl 85
    Auriaya 25 : Use the CDs at the beginning, on the 4 cats, and then, it's win.
    Hodir 25 : Dpscheck. 65k+ dps.
    Iron Council 25 : Easy if you finish by the small ; very hard if you finish by the big.
    Thorim 25 : Everytime I died because of the timing. You have about 0.5 sec to pull Thorim when Sif appears.

Whereas now, I present the heroic dungeons boss of MoP

Before any explanation, All boss are not present. Striker Ga'dok and Houndmaster Braun are impossible actually (or I didn't find the good way).
    The difficulty is very variable, Gandling appears as a joke while Armsmaster Harlan is very hard.

For instances, in terms of difficulty, from my point of view :

9) Stormstout Brewery
    8) Scholomance
    7) Scarlet Monastery
    6) Siege of Niuzao Temple
    5) Temple of Jade Serpent
    4) Gate of the Setting Sun (2nde boss impossible)
    3) Mogu'Shan Palace
    2) Scarlet Halls (1st boss impossible)
    1) Shado-Pan Monastery

The boss can be grouped into 4 levels of difficulty : Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard.
    Moreover, there are 33 boss, I suggest just 31 boss.

From lowest to highest :

Easy boss :

31) Darkmaster Gandling : 25k every 3 secs, it's a joke, he does nothing.
    30) Wise Mari : Doable in challenge mode, the strat is obvious.
    29) Master Snowdrift : The damages are not high, and they can be dodge.
    28) Yan-Zhu the Uncasked : You can have different combinations. In all cases the damages are low.
    27) Jandice Barov : Don't waste time on visions. Move when she casts ''Wondrous rapidity''.
    26) Flameweaver Koegler : Rotation of CDs... cs when it's possible.
    25) Brother Korloff : You can just move and dps between fire storms or fists of fire.

Intermediate boss :

24) Ook-Ook : Doable in Challenge mode, move if you don't have enough health, and don't stay in front of the boss during his shock wave. Keep CDs for the end, For the 3 stacks = 30%.
    23) Commander Ri'mok : Don't waste time ! Just move from pools of poison and use the CDs progressively.
    22) Raigonn : HotW to destroy the weak spot quickly, and then finish the boss. he he doesn't hit hard.
    21) Rattlegore : Click on bones every 5 seconds... just kite the boss when you takes a lot of damages.
    20) Gu Cloudstrike : P1 = just move. P2 = Heal yourself enough, you can use rejuvenation or healing touch. P3 = burst the boss and use your survival CDs.
    19) Hoptallus : Don't forget the hammer ! The rabbits with bombs are the principal danger, use the hammer ! What? It's all.
    18) Wing Leader Ner'onok : Jump and jump and jump and... and move... strat obvious.
    17) Lilian Voss : P1 = just dps the boss. P2 = dps the ghost and kite him to heal yourself. P3 = kill the boss but don't forget to move because of the ghost.
    16) Instructor Chillheart : The first phase is a dpscheck, here, HotW is the better talent, you need to destroy the boss very quickly. Then, just survive.
    15) Commander Vo'jak : P1 = use the amberbombs to kill the mobs. P2 = rotation of CDs on the boss. You can go away and heal during the tornado.
    14) Commander Durand and High Inquisitor Whitemane : Durand hits hard... very hard (50k melee), his CD of Dash too (100k in bear form, 200k in cat form) but you can dodge it with a boost (Dash, SR). Whitemane is a joke, but a serious joke since you just need to cs the mass rez. Wait for your CDs because you need to kill Durand very quickly during the last phase. Don't forget the cs, it don't firgive.
    13) General Pa'valak : The first phase is weak, you can (as often), go away and heal yourself. Keep the CDs for the shield phase and don't waste time with he bombs. You need to kill the adds very quickly, and if, unfortunately, a few adds survive, they become the priority.
    12) Lorewalker Stonestep : Use all your CDs on the first (left or right, you decide) and just go away sometimes (4-5 stacks) on the other when he's alone to destack him and heal yourself.

Hard boss :

11) Thalnos the Soulrender : It's not easy to find the rhythm, but you need to speed kill the fallen crusaders and go away to have the time to destroy the ghost before he reaches their corpse (perhaps a bit confused ). If he does, you have an aberration and the fight becomes more difficult. The fallen srusaders stack you, so you need to do a good rotation of CDs to survive.
    10) Vizier Jin'bak : If you have a big pool of amber (Don't stack, I think it's the worst way), you take (only) 445k damages . To conclude, it's just a question of very good rotation of CDs, but it's really possible. If you have an hesitation between NV or HotW, I usually take HotW on this dungeons boss.
    9) Sha of Doubt : A long fight. 15 minutes for me. Here, you take a lot of damages because of the magic debuff and the boss. In fact, you need to gain time and to do a very good CDs' rotation. To do that, you need to always kill the shade between 28 and 32 of energy. This fight is an exception ! I take NV because of the timing of 1 minutes between all the Sha phases if we kill the spirit between 28 and 32 in the bar.
    8) Xin the Weaponmaster : This fight can be seen in 2 phases. First phase = 100% > 33% = cool, you just need to dodge the mecanisms. At 33%, you need to burst the boss because you take the damages from the arrows, incredible damages, more than the Ascendant Council. HotW + Incarnation + MoU with Renewel + Barkskin + SI, you need to use everything !
    7) Trial of the King : The boss on the left is the most dangerous of three. Keep all your CDs for him. If you are unlucky (like me), you will have the boss on the left just after. You have two choices : - Wipe - Move far away to kill the dog without taking melee damage of the boss (he stop him every 10 seconds to cast... a stupid thing...)
    The last boss, in front of you when your start... is just a joke, go away during the vortex (and heal yourself if it's necessary).

Very Hard boss :
    These boss are really serious. More difficult than a lot of raid boss. Moreover, the ordre if difficulty is... questionable.

6) Liu Flameheart : It's a fight which may resemble to Festergut, but not with stacks, only with damage.
    This boss hits for about 70k + 70k +8k sec during 7 secs = 198k in P1 every 8-9 seconds ! (FoN can take twice this attack), it's forbidden to eat a wave...
    Transition : At 80%, when I'll die, I kite the boss with HotW to heal me. When my life is full, I burst him to take one (only one !) wave and she pass in P2 at 70%.
    If the P1 is hard... the P2 is INSANE.
    Same things... but with differences Wave = 70k+70k+8k sec during 7 seconds = 198k +70k absorb heal during the next 7 seconds !
    I start with FoN for the 2 first stacks, and then, I use all my Cds on this phase, the boss needs to be at 30% (P3) before I die. It's only a question of burst and survival. The puddles on the ground are a new obstacle but they disappear.
    We just have to move in P3, it's not difficult (fortunately).

5) Saboteur Kip'tilak : This boss hits a bit hard (35k melee) but, all the 10 seconds, you have a bomb on you = 75k damages + explosion.
    Because of these bombs, we can find two problems : - The rotation of CDs - The positioning to destroy the others bombs on the floor, since we are alone, we've got a lot of bombs ! (it's not funny at 70 and 35%).
    The damages are really very high, the fail is forbidden. After about 40 tries of reflection (I had 69 wipes), I decided to choose the FoN for the posibility to heal me with movements... to have my CDs again.
    At only one second, it's the death. This boss is a monster.

4) Gekkan : I trought this boss impossible at the beginning, but after a few wipes, I imagined... I imagined that I can run to kite the mobs !
    When I start, I use HotW to kill the mob on the left side = 50k damages every 2 secs.
    Then, I use my CDs of sprint to kite the 3 others mobs and the boss.
    When I have my HotW again, I use it on the heal because he heals just the others mobs but not himself, with a mass entranglement on the two cacs... he dies, thanks to HotW.
    I wait for my Incarnation and with a rotation of entrangling roots and mass entranglement on the knife mob, I kill the shield mob.
    I wait for my CDs again, I try to survive during this time, and, I kill the boss in movements for don't be stunt by the knife.
    I finish the Knife.

3) Taran-Zhu : I through (as often) the boss impossible. Yet, I discovered that it's possible to move him in 3 points, the temple, the right and the left. Thus, you don't have a lot of shadow orbs.
    It's never easy to find the good moment to use the ''zen push-button".
    More, I advise you to destroy the orbs with Thrash.
    Don't stay near the boss when he activates ring of malice, or you will die very quickly (beginning is an exception), otherwise, go away and heal yourself... a lot !
    You can enjoy the ring of malice or the grip to push the ''zen push-button"
    Finally, use a sprint to move just after the grip of the orbs, it's better... it's always better.

2) Armsmaster Harlan : This encounter may be divided in 2 phases. First phase until 50% and second phase from 50% until the death of the boss.
    The boss hits very hard (50k melee) + the adds (10k melee per add but when you've got 10 of this things on you + boss... and you need to survive until the next storm of blades... it's not easy even with a rotation of CDs).
    From 50%, we can observe a ''Phase 2'' since the boss have a new buff = +4% damages/3seconds. 50k melee damages were not enough !
    Fortunately, we are druids ! and we've got a spell ''Soothe'' that can fade out this buff. It's a new constraint, but it's better to use it during the storm of blades.
    Use all your sprints to regenerate your CDs during this debuff, if the boss touch you, you will probably die.
    Use everything, all your CDs in the same phase !

1) Sha of Violence : The hardest boss... it's questionable. In fact, this boss is special because there's no strat. The Sha hits for 30-35k melee attacks but every 10-12 secs you have an attack named ''Disorienting Smash'' which hits for 130k + 30k from the next melee attack. You can dodge this attack, but don't play with fire, dodge = no heal. Moreover, every 15 seconds (about), the vortex ''Smoke Blades'' inflicts about 10k damage per second during 3 seconds and prevents the critical strikes of your next 5 or 6 attacks = frightfulness !
    You can use (I chose) FoN to dodge a few Disorienting Smash, always after the Smoke Blades if possible, but it's double-edged. If you use FoN you have 2 little sha = 70k damages when they die, if you are in the 5 yards (about). Don't forget the Vortex of Ursol, it's an assistance.
    Generally, the damages are too high, the better rotation of survival CDs is not sufficient. You must absolutely use the sprints CDs to go away, to kite the boss and heal yourself, and play for time.
    Eventually, don't forget to dispel the enrage of the boss at 20% of his health (not 30% stupid codex).
    Here, HotW is a very good survival CD, as everywhere, the fact to use rejunevation just after the 0,2 seconds of a tick of rejunevation = dual effet... and the fact to use that in cat form = quadruple effect.

Really, these heroic dungeons are informative and enjoyable

Hoping that my writing doesn't kill you
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2012-12-27 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys.

I have been trying to kill Saurfang 10man normal, but ''get stuck'' at 50%~ boss hp all the time. Hes just heals all dmg i do and hes hp stays around those 50% till he enrages...

Tactics i used: Start with HotW burst in cat form, then pop in bear use Incarnation for some ''bear burst'' while trying to keep SD up 100% (well while Incarnation is up it easy, after that not that). But at some point i just start to loose hp alot and need to use FR more and more, so i loose alot of SD up time ... and so on.

Also iam some what bad geared (?) at 471ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ak/Luck/simple).

1. Is the gear problem and it will be doable once i get some higher ilvls?
    2. Or you can give me some other advice to beat this guy? ^^

Wannoob: Great post! Considering I haven't started on any MoP stuff yet, this will certainly come in handy. On number 22, you seem to have accidentally left out the boss name. I know it's Raigonn, but might as well fix it. You use 'cs' sometimes during the post. What does this stand for? Other than that, bookmarked.

TZM: Saurfang is definitely one of the harder bosses in ICC for us, who don't have any shield mechanics. *squint at DKs*

Which buffs do you use? Do you use flask? Potion? How does the rotation that you use look like? The gear you are wearing now, is it tanking gear or DPS gear? It looks like a little of both. Generally, with an ilvl of 471 it might be a gear issue, but when I saw your weapon all my doubts were taken away. I think I had around 10 ilvls more than you when I got him down, but my weapon was significantly weaker (463 or 476, don't remember). And I had Windsong on my weapon as well.

It's strange that you are not able to get him lower than 50% (and stay alive until the enrage timer at the same, time for that matter). If you have problems getting him down, then you won't stand a chance once he frenzies, at which point he will heal for significantly more. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts with using my offensive cooldowns at the start, I tried moving them to the frenzy, which I had a lot more success with - I one-shot him once I tried that. It depends a lot on many different factors, though, so you really need to figure that out for yourself. You could use HotW + potion and potential use-trinkets at the start and still be able to use it once more before the enrage timer (preferably at 20% when he frenzies). Or if you get him to 20% before HotW comes off cooldown, you might want to save it until you get to that point, and rather use Berserk and Incarnation as DPS cooldowns to begin with.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-12-27 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Wannoob: Great post! Considering I haven't started on any MoP stuff yet, this will certainly come in handy. On number 22, you seem to have accidentally left out the boss name. I know it's Raigonn, but might as well fix it. You use 'cs' sometimes during the post. What does this stand for? Other than that, bookmarked.

TZM: Saurfang is definitely one of the harder bosses in ICC for us, who don't have any shield mechanics. *squint at DKs*

Which buffs do you use? Do you use flask? Potion? How does the rotation that you use look like? The gear you are wearing now, is it tanking gear or DPS gear? It looks like a little of both. Generally, with an ilvl of 471 it might be a gear issue, but when I saw your weapon all my doubts were taken away. I think I had around 10 ilvls more than you when I got him down, but my weapon was significantly weaker (463 or 476, don't remember). And I had Windsong on my weapon as well.

It's strange that you are not able to get him lower than 50% (and stay alive until the enrage timer at the same, time for that matter). If you have problems getting him down, then you won't stand a chance once he frenzies, at which point he will heal for significantly more. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts with using my offensive cooldowns at the start, I tried moving them to the frenzy, which I had a lot more success with - I one-shot him once I tried that. It depends a lot on many different factors, though, so you really need to figure that out for yourself. You could use HotW + potion and potential use-trinkets at the start and still be able to use it once more before the enrage timer (preferably at 20% when he frenzies). Or if you get him to 20% before HotW comes off cooldown, you might want to save it until you get to that point, and rather use Berserk and Incarnation as DPS cooldowns to begin with.
    Thank you for the answer.

I use crit+armor elixirs coz with alchemy bonus it gives some nice stats.

But i think that the rotation for me is the problem, as i didnt pay big attention to that lol. Mindlessly spammed thing and tryed to keep SD up.

Ill try to work on that.

p.s. Any tips more tips to rotation besides your tip about dps cds?

Thanks again!

EDIT: i have somewhat wierd question too: What T set should i choose regarding to solo proposes? Guardians or Ferals? I suppose those guardian set bonuses are nice but wont i loose too much other stats?
    Last edited by TZM; 2012-12-27 at 12:34 PM.

I ventured in ICC (10HC) as a moonkin the other day and also faced a brick wall with Saurfang. I can't out-dps the heal and would die to the damage but I figured that I will try the Terracotta Warrior to tank the boss while I taunt the heal debuff on me. You can try it also.

Note that I haven't gotten the trinket yet as Jonn-dar refuses to drop it but I think it'll work. I'll post an update on my success when I manage to get the trinket.

I was able to down Saurfang 10N, specced to feral and by using DoC talent. It's fairly easy to survive first time when his energy growing till 100, I used only PS heals, barskin and NS+HT. Pre-pot, hard cast HT and ravage at the start (everything can be timed well due to his mini roll-play). At around 30% I popped berserk, pot and used barskin/SI to mitigate some damage. He went down really fast. I challenged him as feral, firstly because I really suck on holding SD up, and secondly, on my first attempt I blowed all my cooldowns at the start and got him to like 20%, so I thought if I reverse my actions and use cooldowns at the end, I can earn the kill (and it worked well). Mind that my ilvl is around 490 (still using Unbreakable Polearm 0/2 though).

Wannoob: that's truly impressive! I did just a few of them and your list motivates me to try even more. I remember soloing Keristrasza in late WotLK in ICC gear, after doing that, I really felt like a boss. Now, looking at your list, most of them is doable and we're still at the start of expansion. It's let me think, is the content easier nowadays or we are just more into soloing than ever, trying to push our chars to the limit. I'd say soloing, especially with last change to raid group requirements, big health pools and big numbers in terms of dmg/heals, people tend to discover what they can do.

TZM: I would consider using an agility flask for this fight, as you want to get as much DPS out as possible. That, along with an agility potion for your burst will help you a lot.

When you're soloing, you want to generate as much rage as possible. More rage = more survivability or more DPS, whichever suits best for the fight. On trivial fights, RPS obviously doesn't matter as much, as the boss will go down anyway, but it's still good practice. For Saurfang you obviously want to spend as much rage as possible on Savage Defense without dying. Any surplus rage goes to either Maul for more DPS or Frenzied Regeneration to keep your HP up, whatever you need the most.

Since you want to generate as much rage as possible, the normal tanking rotation is what you will want to use. From the tanking thread:
    Single Target: Mangle > Lacerate > Thrash Maintenance > Faerie Fire. The idea here is that you always press Mangle whenever it is available. The rest of your rotation is devoted to generating as many Mangles as possible, while maintaining your two debuffs - Weakened Blows and Sunder Armor. Since FFF does more damage than a simple impact hit of Thrash, you should use FFF whenever Thrash still has at least 6 seconds left.

Regarding the tier set, I haven't looked much into it, but I doubt the Feral set will be any better than the Guardian set. We don't benefit anything from the Feral set bonuses, and the 4-set Guardian bonus is really nice for soloing. Also, the DPS stat priorities for Ferals and Guardians aren't entirely the same. That is, a good DPS stat for Ferals isn't necessarily a good DPS stat for Guardians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    TZM: I would consider using an agility flask for this fight, as you want to get as much DPS out as possible. That, along with an agility potion for your burst will help you a lot.

When you're soloing, you want to generate as much rage as possible. More rage = more survivability or more DPS, whichever suits best for the fight. On trivial fights, RPS obviously doesn't matter as much, as the boss will go down anyway, but it's still good practice. For Saurfang you obviously want to spend as much rage as possible on Savage Defense without dying. Any surplus rage goes to either Maul for more DPS or Frenzied Regeneration to keep your HP up, whatever you need the most.

Since you want to generate as much rage as possible, the normal tanking rotation is what you will want to use. From the tanking thread:

Regarding the tier set, I haven't looked much into it, but I doubt the Feral set will be any better than the Guardian set. We don't benefit anything from the Feral set bonuses, and the 4-set Guardian bonus is really nice for soloing. Also, the DPS stat priorities for Ferals and Guardians aren't entirely the same. That is, a good DPS stat for Ferals isn't necessarily a good DPS stat for Guardians.
    Managed to get him till 14% like 2 times.

Then i came here red your tip about Agility flask and boy....

I cant believe that one stupid flask was only thing i neded Killed him A LOT EASYER.

Thanks so much for the tips ^^

p.s. stupid me forgot to pres rec on fraps till mid of the fight :/

It's quite funny how things that at first seem insignificant can end up being the difference between success and failure. Glad to help. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared all icc10man today for first time with my Druid!

Besides Saurfang ''problems'' i had i was struggling with Dreamwalker too, when trying to do it with hotw tactics, - got stuck around 90+% and get overwhelmed by enrage adds.

Decided to try it in boomkins - same situation as in above. (i was surprised)

Well then i juse went Resto spec and healed her full while running around with ton of adds on my a*s, somehow it worked.

Rest was peace of cake, and LK it self was bigest shock for that it was THAT easy - got him down on first try O.o

Anyway - Thanks for the tips and first post guide too Looking forward to do something more.