Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    I was doing it around 500ilvl and it felt quite easy, some boses even trivial. I think it should be ok even with lover.
    Couldn't make it with 480ilvl. Will try again with more gear. My problem wasn't surviving, but dmg I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Couldn't make it with 480ilvl. Will try again with more gear. My problem wasn't surviving, but dmg I think.
    Are you pulling with HOTW burst?

Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Are you pulling with HOTW burst?
    No, haven't tried that. Won't my hp drop too much though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    No, haven't tried that. Won't my hp drop too much though?
    No, just throw a few Rejuvs in every now and then and you'll outheal anything wrath-era stuff can do. You have free GCDs as cat, so there's no DPS loss to doing so (don't use caster HotW unless the boss isn't hitting you for some reason, pushback sucks).

HotW is fantastic in the really old stuff because it just isn't threatening damage-wise, and getting a good HotW use in out-dps's NV pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    No, just throw a few Rejuvs in every now and then and you'll outheal anything wrath-era stuff can do. You have free GCDs as cat, so there's no DPS loss to doing so (don't use caster HotW unless the boss isn't hitting you for some reason, pushback sucks).

HotW is fantastic in the really old stuff because it just isn't threatening damage-wise, and getting a good HotW use in out-dps's NV pretty easily.
    Will try it then, tyvm for the info.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to solo-activate Thorim in Ulduar w/o using rocket boots as a druid? I can clear through the tunnel, however I cannot seem to get the timing of hitting Thorim and jumping down into the area w/o getting instagibbed w/o using rocket boots. I've tried using Displacer Beast and cannot seem to get it right yet... anyone else have luck doing it w/o rocket boots?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a way to solo-activate Thorim in Ulduar w/o using rocket boots as a druid? I can clear through the tunnel, however I cannot seem to get the timing of hitting Thorim and jumping down into the area w/o getting instagibbed w/o using rocket boots. I've tried using Displacer Beast and cannot seem to get it right yet... anyone else have luck doing it w/o rocket boots?
    If you don't need anything from him specifically, and just want to get to later bosses, I'd suggest doing 10-man. He seems to activate the death ball much faster on 25, which makes the timing so much harder to not die.

Otherwise I think I've only managed the timing to activate and jump down once on 25, and I think I used nitros+DB for it . Nothing special about the timing for it other than it being very strict, to the point of needing to pull him and jump down the moment he becomes attackable.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    If you don't need anything from him specifically, and just want to get to later bosses, I'd suggest doing 10-man. He seems to activate the death ball much faster on 25, which makes the timing so much harder to not die.

Otherwise I think I've only managed the timing to activate and jump down once on 25, and I think I used nitros+DB for it . Nothing special about the timing for it other than it being very strict, to the point of needing to pull him and jump down the moment he becomes attackable.
    Doing it on 25man is probably my problem, then. Guess I'll have to skip him on 25man for legendary shards. At least I have treant timing down to a science from all the attempts I had.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being dumb, but would you mind running me through how to do it as Balance? I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Managed to solo Lich King 25HC as a moonkin. It was a really tough fight but luckily the hard part was right in the beginning so I could practise it easily. Video here:
    Very nice, dude

Have been meaning to make an mmo champion account for like three years now, figured now was a good time. Anyways, for anyone having trouble with Yogg's first phase atm I seem to have figured out a reliable solution. Posted on the Official DNR forums, but since I'm a new mmo champion account, I can't post the link. So, I will just paste the text here. Also can't post my screenshot, sad day. Anyways, if you check the US DnR forums you should see it, or if you would like to just go to my post history (Shavok/Zul'jin), you could find it that way.

For anyone having trouble with Sara not dying during phase one of the Yogg Saron encounter, I have found a fix.

After quite a few pulls in the last hour and a half, I've figured out how to reliably push phase one currently. There must be no adds up as she finishes casting "Sara's Blessing." I believe this spell must be at the end of her cast sequence/cast chain nonsense. I'm not sure of the exact science of it, but I have been reliably able to push it at the ~8-12 guardian every time with starsurge procs and such.

Not sure how easy this would be for classes that don't have easy access to such huge burst, but ye, It's what I've figured out.

Also, not that screenshot really "proves" much, but here. You can see that Blessing was just applied to me. This has been the case with every pull I've done and pushed it. I had a pull earlier that went up to around guardian 83 with no extra clouds popped other than the inital ones. I manged to push her at that point with CA+NV+UVLS+double SS proc before she finished her blessing cast, which I feel supports my current theory greatly.

e: nevermind, just got a pull where she pushed after a fervor cast, so nevermind it the just being "blessing" theory. Though, I'm sure it just has to do with bursting them down before she finishes her cast. Every time I've pushed it, it has been right as she finished a cast with significant time to spare before another spawns, because she probably does a "check" of some sort to see if she should push. Bursting on the 8th or 9th add is significantly easier than doing it later, as the spawn speed ramps up significantly.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-09-14 at 11:39 PM.

Went through 5 pages of threads before noticing this was stickied.

Anywho just got Juggernaut's tank trinket since none of our main tanks wanted it and I'm trying to think of a case where the extra self-healing can help for a solo kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Went through 5 pages of threads before noticing this was stickied.

Anywho just got Juggernaut's tank trinket since none of our main tanks wanted it and I'm trying to think of a case where the extra self-healing can help for a solo kill.
    Yeah, I was caught by surprise too, especially considering how long it's been since I updated it, or soloed anything really.

About the trinket, I don't think it's THAT great that it'll instantly turn fights around, but an extra 5-6k HPS for a typical fight isn't bad. For reference, a fight like stone guard before the patch required ~70k HPS total, and doing enough DPS to kill it would have that trinket at ~7k HPS. 10% of your healing from 1 part of 1 trinket is not too shabby. Worth picking up at least, since no one really wants it in raids atm .

Braindwen: what the hax are you doing in PG tank endless mode?
    Was randomly looking at wowprogress scores last night & saw you were #1 on tank challenge now... any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Braindwen: what the hax are you doing in PG tank endless mode?
    Was randomly looking at wowprogress scores last night & saw you were #1 on tank challenge now... any tips?
    Lots, though going over each of the waves in detail would probably take a bit too long .

In general, you want to be using SD for pretty much everything. Maybe not the ambushers; they technically use their AoE on successful melee hits, but SD doesn't really prevent it as much as you might want. As far as casters go, you can either tank them or just let Sikari kill them for you. If you're tanking them, just outrange them until you're near the barricades, then just duck in and out of LoS with the barricades; they should rarely ever hurt you.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9.../1/?s=0&e=8041

132 waves, 5 fireball hits and 7 pyroblast hits .

Lol, finally sticky topic. Also good job in endless...

There should be a strict distinction between 10 and 25, also it would be nice to also have a split between specs. I find it irrelevant to have information saying a guardian or feral can do fight X easily when I don't play either spec nor have room to gear/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    ...tank challenge now... any tips?
    Even after the hotfix mass root is still really good, just not broken as during the first week where you could root the big AoE packs and the damage from the NPC wouldn't break the CC. I went with charge, mass root, vortex and treants. Get the extra silence glyph and Nature's Grasp. I also used maul, should be the best third glyph.

Since it's the same 10 waves over and over again memorize where the spawns of each wave is by plonking down some color markers around the room. The NPC will AoE if there's more then 3 mobs in the room, then root becomes pretty useless, but if it can buy you a second or two. As soon as she starts single targeting root by either mass root, NG or even hard casting root if you're not tanking. You can do all 3 on different targets without canceling the other ones.

Use Berserk and monk dodge (you can symbiosis the healer) on the AoE pack and spam the living hell out of SD, vortex followed by a stampeding roar, charge the banana monkeys that spawn to get away. The AoE packs are what hurts the most, especially when the bleed debuff starts stacking up.

For the 2-3 spawn packs gather them up and mass root, then run away and the one being DPS'd by the NPC will follow since only his root will break.

Treants are king here. They don't work on the big guys that enrage, but they're perfect for keeping the monkeys and flying mobs away from you.

The fire the casters put on the ground is actually good, so don't interrupt them while they're channeling it. Tank the mobs in the fire and they'll get the debuff making them more vulnerable to damage while also doing damage by itself. This is pretty much needed if you don't want mobs around when the next wave starts.

I did this as feral geared with no legendary (do we keep the proc when downscaled?) meaning DPS meta and agility gems. I'm sure there's other ways of doing it (I see a lot of people speccing typhoon), but I felt this was a very safe way of doing it. Since you're constantly CC:ing and avoiding actually tanking the 11-30 waves are pretty much the same as 1-10, meaning if you can do those you can do them all.

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    There should be a strict distinction between 10 and 25, also it would be nice to also have a split between specs. I find it irrelevant to have information saying a guardian or feral can do fight X easily when I don't play either spec nor have room to gear/etc.
    It's far more likely that the feral/balance sections will just go away should I end up updating again. I'd hoped to keep up to date on those specs through this expansion, but I've never had a chance to really play either, and as far as soloing goes vengeance+HotW render them almost completely useless when compared to Guardian.

In other words, I really don't feel qualified to say anything about Feral or Balance soloing at the moment. It's obviously welcome in the thread (because other people DO know), I just don't think it belongs in the OP if I can't say anything useful about it.
    I did this as feral geared with no legendary (do we keep the proc when downscaled?) meaning DPS meta and agility gems. I'm sure there's other ways of doing it (I see a lot of people speccing typhoon), but I felt this was a very safe way of doing it. Since you're constantly CC:ing and avoiding actually tanking the 11-30 waves are pretty much the same as 1-10, meaning if you can do those you can do them all.
    Legendaries are disabled, just like set bonuses. Using a legendary meta means using a stat-stick meta gem, it's in every way inferior to using a normal meta gem (not that that stops me, laziness>all).

As far as "other ways of doing it", I find myself to be more aggressive than most other people I see post. I'm doing Tank endless, not kite around in circles endless, so I only kite to drop debuff stacks or as a backup "CD" (or if everything's low on health and they'll just die in a few seconds anyway). That's reflected in my talent choices: Incarnation for the taunts and burst rage, Typhoon for the backup CD/gap opener, Bash because why would I need UV if I'm not kiting, etc. It's also worth noting that I never leave bear form; the rage cost outweighs any benefits I may get from leaving it.

Kiting clearly works for the 30 achievement, and probably for a ways after that if you're careful. I just prefer doing it my way: nothing ever ACTUALLY gets so dangerous that you can't tank it, and tanking things kills them quicker and prevents that awkward moment when everything catches you with no rage.

I tried tanking everything at first too, and I know how to tank, but just got smashed with my gear since I didn't generate rage fast enough even with an optimal rage rotation.

And it's not really kite around endless since you're almost always tanking something, just not everything at once, TBC style! I don't really see why this tactic would only work for a certain number of waves. I lost interest and concentration after the 30 first waves and only continued until I had beaten the other tanks on the server which was 5 more waves, but surely tanking fewer mobs will get you further than tanking all the mobs.