Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Changing gears a bit, figuring this would likely be the optimal place to ask right now.

I'm still in the middle of farming my Fragments of Val'anyr from Ulduar25, as I've been soloing as Guardian for a little while now. However, since 5.4 was released, I haven't had any fragments drop at all, even while doing hard mode versions of encounters. Due to time constraints, I haven't been able to do a full clear, but clearing usually 10 bosses a week should at least yield one fragment by now. Has anyone else collecting fragments not had any drop since 5.4?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10 bosses and no frag is possible, might be huge rng against you. Best of luck to your valanyr fragment collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Changing gears a bit, figuring this would likely be the optimal place to ask right now.

I'm still in the middle of farming my Fragments of Val'anyr from Ulduar25, as I've been soloing as Guardian for a little while now. However, since 5.4 was released, I haven't had any fragments drop at all, even while doing hard mode versions of encounters. Due to time constraints, I haven't been able to do a full clear, but clearing usually 10 bosses a week should at least yield one fragment by now. Has anyone else collecting fragments not had any drop since 5.4?
    I cleared everything but Yogg and the optional bosses yesterday and got 2 fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Managed to solo Lich King 25HC as a moonkin. It was a really tough fight but luckily the hard part was right in the beginning so I could practise it easily. Video here:
    What was you ilvl on a kill? I have 557 atm with 4set bonus ( t16 ) so i would like to give a few tries

With the gear/stat/ilvl inflation, you should be fine. I did it with 547.

This was patch 5.3 though so the amount of Starsurges you will be seeing might be different. Higher gear levels and 4 set most likely will make up for it though. I wouldn't have recommended this earlier as it's just so annoying to jump around, then get hit by a silence and die

More information can be found in the video's description.

Hi guys.

Yogg-Saron seems easier to solo in 5.4.

Apparently some P2 mechanics dont remove sanity anymore.

Do you think Yogg Saron 25 would be soloable as a Feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Hi guys.

Yogg-Saron seems easier to solo in 5.4.

Apparently some P2 mechanics dont remove sanity anymore.

Do you think Yogg Saron 25 would be soloable as a Feral?
    It already was, depending on your luck and how many lights you wanted to have up. With the removal of sanity decreases from Sara frying our brains to death, the only way to lose sanity even on 0 light is getting zapped by the ghosts in the brain room and over-extending the brain links above. When my guildmates wanted to do 0 light this week (I already have Mim's head, trying to spread the love!), we were taken aback and promptly laughed our heads off with how easy the fight is w/o our sanity being brought down to super-low levels early in the encounter. I'd say the encounter is now pretty much soloable by any DPS or tank (probably healers, too).

Anyways, as long as you have the DPS output (since Sanity is no longer an issue), you can beat the heal in the last phase of 0 light easily and not get overwhelmed by adds as Feral. All else fails, when the adds are about to heal Yogg, run out until their buff falls off before resuming DPS. Doing 1, 2, 3, or 4 light Yogg should be immensely easier if you're just going for a kill.

*edit* - How has the 4pc T16 been for those soloing content thus far for those that have it? I've been enjoying it immensely, as I celebrated getting the set bonus by soloing Nalak for fun. Only took about 34 minutes.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-01 at 11:38 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I reached the last phase of Yogg+0 as feral at least. I did wipe in the second phase a couple of times as both feral and guardian. The main issue is all the debuffs. The big tentacles will decrease your damage by 20% each unless you hit them with a melee ability. Not a big issue in itself, but it will start to require more swipes to get free from the tentacles. Which doesn't sound bad, but there's also a debuff decreasing haste and movement speed by I think 60%, which ofc means terrible energy regen. On top of that the disease stuns you like the debuff from the engineer in TK. All of this will slow the process of killing all tentacles and if you fall behind it's hard to catch up. That's why I tried it as guardian since haste debuffs doesn't cripple bears as much, but on the other hand the lower damage meant there was no chance for me to clean up the tentacles. Only gave it one try though, so I'm not saying it's impossible. Ilvl 545-550 if someone is wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I reached the last phase of Yogg+0 as feral at least. I did wipe in the second phase a couple of times as both feral and guardian. The main issue is all the debuffs. The big tentacles will decrease your damage by 20% each unless you hit them with a melee ability. Not a big issue in itself, but it will start to require more swipes to get free from the tentacles. Which doesn't sound bad, but there's also a debuff decreasing haste and movement speed by I think 60%, which ofc means terrible energy regen. On top of that the disease stuns you like the debuff from the engineer in TK. All of this will slow the process of killing all tentacles and if you fall behind it's hard to catch up. That's why I tried it as guardian since haste debuffs doesn't cripple bears as much, but on the other hand the lower damage meant there was no chance for me to clean up the tentacles. Only gave it one try though, so I'm not saying it's impossible. Ilvl 545-550 if someone is wondering.
    If you're tanking a crusher tentacle, you won't get picked up by a tentacle. The basic idea is to run to the crusher when it spawns, and dps it until it's low. Then, wait until the brain portals spawn, finish it off, then take the portal, hope you didn't get a late apathy cast, and finally get the brain low and let a dot tick it to sub 30% so you have max time on the outside tentacles before the phase transition.

Also, managed to solo Hagara relatively easily as balance. Pulled until frost phase first, using cool downs on pull, killing all but one crystal in frost phase, and then waiting for cooldowns. Was barley able to get it with heroism drums on feedback; a tomb was cast as I killed her. Used Inc/NV for max burst.

im at like 529 ilvl just started playing again, quit playing around start of the year..anyway

I cannot get LK past 25% with flask/food/pot (havent used makeshift bloodlust/hero yet) seems to always come out of 2nd FM room then he enrages

My dps went down substantially after 5.4 (as bear). As such I just bring in a friend who doesn't want the mount and kill him in the first transition.

i dont know when the lk videos were posted of people killing it solo as guardian...is it still possible?

It's possible just harder than pre-5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by peki View Post
    im at like 529 ilvl just started playing again, quit playing around start of the year..anyway

I cannot get LK past 25% with flask/food/pot (havent used makeshift bloodlust/hero yet) seems to always come out of 2nd FM room then he enrages
    I've been able to get it with 521 and 524 item level. However, I'm using both dps legendaries.

e: I should probably also add I'm using the Normal Malkorok polearm, which probably makes a good bit of difference. I was able to get it before I had the polearm, with the normal mode 530 Lei Shin polearm respectively, but I had to tank through enrage about 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What was you ilvl on a kill? I have 557 atm with 4set bonus ( t16 ) so i would like to give a few tries
    Yo, have you tried any with your gear level since this post?

Just curious, as I'm at 551 with the t16 4-piece, and I usually clear LoD as guardian, because I know its easily possible. Despite this, I like to push myself as far as soloing goes, but after the SS proc rate nerf It hasn't really been feasible in ToT level gear. However, I just got the 4-piece today, so it may work out better.

Also, does anyone know if I should hang on to my old guardian tier for soloing? The two piece is pretty great for fights like Zero light, or staghelm, but the 4-piece looks like it'd make up for it.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-10-09 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Hi there, just did Lana'thel and for the nightelves here: get yourself the old dbm-timers and summon the treants. Then shadowmeld right before the timer expires. She bites the treant, vamp treant makes it pretty easy if you don't have the right dps

I soloed h lk 25, first time... a lot more simple then I thought. Even with the vengeance nerf, I was close to the hard enrage, I was ready to pop all my def cds and burst him down but I hit 10% before enrage hit by 10-20 seconds. I used flask of insanity, fort 6% and drum of rage (used 2x since fight lasted ~15 mins). I am ~540 ilvl with no tier sets. Only had one moment where I dipped under 50% and it worried me just a little since infest went out as well but last stand + frenzy pretty much can top you off. Both dps meta and legendary helps quite a lot, also you have to stay in during intermission. The frozen orbs are quite easy to take out with thrash and swipe.

For people who usually get full item raid buffs but haven't tried the drums of rage... I suggest you to try them out. 2 bloodlust, one in beginning and another after you leave frostmourne phase is pretty huge in terms of dps. Thats if your having issues with enrage thou. Also, I was in full cat oriented gems and reforges for rune of re-origination, so my bear dps was probably a tad lower then a full crit oriented bear would be.

Conclave of Wind downed as Balance. No video, sorry

Did it at 556 ilvl, but probably doable with a bit less.

Dang thats crazy which boss do u start on? I am guessing the wind one so you don't have the -haste buff?
    But gratz either way, Alakir mount solo is a joke cause I do him in cat feral spec.

Can't you just go kill the boss that gives you the pacify with HotW and win the game? If I remember correctly, it has 3 million HP or so, so you can just kill it as bear extremely easily (as you don't get energy in Cat form.)

The damage they deal should be next to nothing with such a high item level.

Anyone killed Thorim in 5.4 ?

I just can't solo him anymore. All buggy.