Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not exactly sure what you would do with HotW once the bosses puts up the debuff, as you'll have a combination of 2 when you fight on one platform, -healing, -haste, or perma silence. In either combination, you will have -haste or perma silence which prevents HotW from doing anything whether its cat or spamming wrath since silence or haste will kill your cast time and energy regen. I have not touched hotw and moonfire scaling, but if I remember it, it was pretty shitty compare to the damage wrath can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Not exactly sure what you would do with HotW once the bosses puts up the debuff, as you'll have a combination of 2 when you fight on one platform, -healing, -haste, or perma silence. In either combination, you will have -haste or perma silence which prevents HotW from doing anything whether its cat or spamming wrath since silence or haste will kill your cast time and energy regen. I have not touched hotw and moonfire scaling, but if I remember it, it was pretty shitty compare to the damage wrath can do.
    I didn't mention cat form, but I specifically talked about bear. You still get rage (almost) normally so you can kill it. But I haven't been in Tot4W in so long, that I might remember something wrong. This was my first thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Conclave of Wind downed as Balance. No video, sorry

Did it at 556 ilvl, but probably doable with a bit less.
    You mind elaborating on your general strategy for this? If you're using HotW - Which I'm assuming you are, don't know how you would otherwise - What's the Ilvl of the agi weapon you're switching to? I have no problem doing the fight as guardian, in fact I managed to one shot it two weeks in a row! However, doing it as balance sounds like a nice challenge.

Also on an unrelated note, I've managed to get the second plate on spine down as balance. It's such an insanely tedious fight as any spec. The first plate honestly seems the hardest.

e: Haven't found any information that it has been soloed as balance, however it doesn't seem that hard to be honest. Just reporting here because I haven't seen it in the thread. I'm assuming someone has done it, or maybe not since spine is the worst fight to ever be put in the game.

e2: Managed to get it after a few more tries. If you have T-16 4-piece, I'd highly recommend doing it as balance rather than guardian. Makes for a much less stressful time. However, this might just be because I'm so much more comfortable playing Balance than Guardian.

worldoflogs com/reports/rt-5c99y1v3roe4wvgw

Logs for anyone interested, not going to make a video or anything. I used the unusual combination of NV/FoN, as the healing from NV is absolutely required, and Incarnation is a bit overkill in the burst department. Considered SotF initially, but found the control of FoN to be better for me. Plus, you're pretty much always moving, so it helps out in that department a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Anyone killed Thorim in 5.4 ?

I just can't solo him anymore. All buggy.
    I did the first two weeks when I still needed shards, have done it on ten since then. It's generally just a very buggy fight.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-10-12 at 12:29 PM.

Actually I didn't use HotW at all, I had to use Nature's Vigil, as it's the only way I could heal through the debuff.

I started on the east platform and burned that guy down as quickly as possible. The haste debuff doesn't go out for a few seconds, so it's enough time to get up dots and cast a couple starfires. I used incarnation and pre-pot here, but not NV and CA. I was able to do this part with lower ilvl (around 532 I think) before I got any SoO gear. Renewal will heal you through the healing debuff if you need it.

After getting him down, get to the west platform as fast as possible. You need to get there before he starts summoning adds, or everything will despawn. I had enough time to astral communion into solar and summon some shrooms before the adds reached me. Kill the adds by spamming sunfire, SS procs, and blowing shrooms. NS heal if necessary.

After the adds die, head to the north platform and blow every remaining cooldown. I used a 2nd pot, NV, CA, troll, and lust drums. NV will keep you alive. I was able to get him down before he reached full energy. After that, return to the west platform and finish him off.

At lower gear levels:

If you don't get the north guy down before full energy, you should head back to the west platform to wait out the full energy phase and heal up. Then back north to finish him off, then back west to try to finish him. If you don't kill west fast enough, East will respawn, which is fine, as you can simply head back there and kill him again without the haste debuff this time.

In other news, H Ascendant Council should be possible as balance with a bit more gear.
    Last edited by Lybydose; 2013-10-12 at 06:15 PM.

Has anyone solo'd yogg 0 light 25m as balance? I can get to the last phase easy enough, I just end the illusion phase quickly, dot the brain, then use the extra time to clean up the outside.

Last phase I just get raped by the adds when he restores their health. I survived the first time using dps cds, but the 2nd time I couldn't dps them down fast enough.

Cloak from a rogue is definitely required imo, if you get the disease on you one time, it's all downhill from there. You can symbiosis your alts btw if you alt+f4 then relog.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Has anyone solo'd yogg 0 light 25m as balance? I can get to the last phase easy enough, I just end the illusion phase quickly, dot the brain, then use the extra time to clean up the outside.

Last phase I just get raped by the adds when he restores their health. I survived the first time using dps cds, but the 2nd time I couldn't dps them down fast enough.

Cloak from a rogue is definitely required imo, if you get the disease on you one time, it's all downhill from there. You can symbiosis your alts btw if you alt+f4 then relog.
    Well that doesn't really count ~.~

However, if using symbiosis, Mirror images would honestly be better. Just pull until you could get a pull without apathy/plague giving you an issue, and you could use mirror images on the second beacon.

Deleted
    These vengeance nerfs really hurt our survivability and dps. No more pull everything in front of yor'sahj because you'll not gain anything, but may die.
    In fact I went feral for yor'sahj and morchok, now that was fun.
    Ball explosion on the third boss wasn't giving me any vengeance either. Very sad.

I managed to do it after a few pulls this week. It wasn't really that hard. I didn't even get that good of a transition either. I did use hero drums on the third phase, as well as Inc/CA/NV, and tanked gazes. Also didn't use symbiosis, because that doesn't count.

imgur com/64dSgjY.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case anyone was still curious about doing Heroic Lich King 25 after 5.4, I managed to do it my first try this week. I'm at 555 ilvl with tier 16 4-piece. Didn't even think to switch talents before hand, so I did it without displacer beast to blink shrieks, or vortex to control adds. I *do* have engineer boosts though. If you have good balance gear, would highly recommend doing it as balance instead of switching to mediocre guardian gear to solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Well that doesn't really count ~.~

However, if using symbiosis, Mirror images would honestly be better. Just pull until you could get a pull without apathy/plague giving you an issue, and you could use mirror images on the second beacon.
    You're still solo, so how does it not count? It's just a buff, not a player. I still think cloak is better, it's only used to cleanse the disease, which you resist 99% of the time anyway. It's just that 1% which you can't anticipate which can throw away an attempt, which images wouldn't help with since you can't predict exactly when you might get it (if at all).

I managed to do it after a few pulls this week. It wasn't really that hard. I didn't even get that good of a transition either. I did use hero drums on the third phase, as well as Inc/CA/NV, and tanked gazes. Also didn't use symbiosis, because that doesn't count.

imgur com/64dSgjY.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case anyone was still curious about doing Heroic Lich King 25 after 5.4, I managed to do it my first try this week. I'm at 555 ilvl with tier 16 4-piece. Didn't even think to switch talents before hand, so I did it without displacer beast to blink shrieks, or vortex to control adds. I *do* have engineer boosts though. If you have good balance gear, would highly recommend doing it as balance instead of switching to mediocre guardian gear to solo it.
    How did you not get raped by the gazes when ALL of their health gets replenished? Did you kite at all till they got back down to manageable health levels?

It's been ages since I looked at the fight mechanics, was I bringing the adds too close to yogg?

*edit* ya that's what I forgot about when I last tried it, Yogg does Shadow Beacon, you have to out range it with the adds. I should be able to do it next lockout.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-10-17 at 11:39 PM.

You're still solo, so how does it not count? It's just a buff, not a player. I still think cloak is better, it's only used to cleanse the disease, which you resist 99% of the time anyway. It's just that 1% which you can't anticipate which can throw away an attempt, which images wouldn't help with since you can't predict exactly when you might get it (if at all).

How did you not get raped by the gazes when ALL of their health gets replenished? Did you kite at all till they got back down to manageable health levels?

It's been ages since I looked at the fight mechanics, was I bringing the adds too close to yogg?

*edit* ya that's what I forgot about when I last tried it, Yogg does Shadow Beacon, you have to out range it with the adds. I should be able to do it next lockout.
    I killed it as the first beacon went out. If you look at my screenshot you'll see I'm pretty much dead, and rocket boosting. I honestly probably could have survived until the second one, but I just decided to burn yogg.

Also, I just don't think it really counts, because symbiosis isn't a buff in the traditional sense.

e: two letters
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-10-18 at 03:03 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there fellow druids. Ive read through all pages of this thread 2-3 times and enjoy following everyone and their tactics. Now ive played my druid since BC but never really soloed on it. Starting to get into the soloing im hitting brick walls fast. Pre-wrath is easy dont have any problems there. Where I got into problems was Uld25. I 2 manned FL and razor but from there my friend left and I continued on. Ignus and XT were easy 1 shots. Council and kologran were easy enough I also did achievements on them. Auraiya was also very easy. Then came Hordir. 50% wipe attempt on due to berserk. Tried HoTW with an agility flask/drums/agility potion and went cat. Spammed mangle and kept rip/rake up and bite with 5 combos. When it wore off I went back bear and continued on the fight. I still wiped around 30%. So idk if i am doing the HoTW wrong or my bear dps isnt good. I cant link my toon yet but name is Rhando on Draenor, and any advice would be great. I have the heroic helm from HToT first boss in bags I just haven't gemmed. Im going to use the legendary dps meta in that helm. My guild doesn't really push far in progression so not being the best possible bear spec/reforged/gemmed is possible. I would like to continue on farming fragments and work my way towards HLK25. Thank you for all advice and great job so far everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhando View Post
    Hey there fellow druids. Ive read through all pages of this thread 2-3 times and enjoy following everyone and their tactics. Now ive played my druid since BC but never really soloed on it. Starting to get into the soloing im hitting brick walls fast. Pre-wrath is easy dont have any problems there. Where I got into problems was Uld25. I 2 manned FL and razor but from there my friend left and I continued on. Ignus and XT were easy 1 shots. Council and kologran were easy enough I also did achievements on them. Auraiya was also very easy. Then came Hordir. 50% wipe attempt on due to berserk. Tried HoTW with an agility flask/drums/agility potion and went cat. Spammed mangle and kept rip/rake up and bite with 5 combos. When it wore off I went back bear and continued on the fight. I still wiped around 30%. So idk if i am doing the HoTW wrong or my bear dps isnt good. I cant link my toon yet but name is Rhando on Draenor, and any advice would be great. I have the heroic helm from HToT first boss in bags I just haven't gemmed. Im going to use the legendary dps meta in that helm. My guild doesn't really push far in progression so not being the best possible bear spec/reforged/gemmed is possible. I would like to continue on farming fragments and work my way towards HLK25. Thank you for all advice and great job so far everyone!
    Other than making sure you're in light beams as often as possible, and being more diligent with the NPCs, it's pretty much just get more gear. The legendary meta would probably help a bit too. You could just do that fight on 10 man.

You should go cat spec for Hodir. If you just heal yourself with the PS procs he shouldn't be able to kill you. With around ilvl 525 I used to kill him under 3 min for the hardmode rewards before the patch, but that was when I was gem'd for DPS. Didn't use any flasks, food or similar things though. Now as a tank I'm still able to kill him under 3 min, but it requires better gear of course. Still, with an 8 minute enrage timer it should be easy to at least kill him for another potential fragment drop if you're specced feral.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    You should go cat spec for Hodir. If you just heal yourself with the PS procs he shouldn't be able to kill you. With around ilvl 525 I used to kill him under 3 min for the hardmode rewards before the patch, but that was when I was gem'd for DPS. Didn't use any flasks, food or similar things though. Now as a tank I'm still able to kill him under 3 min, but it requires better gear of course. Still, with an 8 minute enrage timer it should be easy to at least kill him for another potential fragment drop if you're specced feral.
    Ok great thanks! I will try a dps spec. Does feral have the capability to kill Mim also?

I got Beth'tliac heroic down as balance. Not sure if that's anything special or not.

Ok great thanks! I will try a dps spec. Does feral have the capability to kill Mim also?
    Yeah. The tricky part is the last phase since you can't melee the head. Treants can somehow apply the bleed to the head even though they're melee so use those. Your AoE abilities can hit the head too, don't know if you need to jump while using them though. HotW is ofc nice here and should be used in the last phase when the boss is stationary and using the spinning attack.

And I need to clarify that on Hodir I'm not killing him under 3 min as a tank, but as feral in mostly tanking gear.

Heroic Cho'gall down as Balance.

http://i.imgur.com/Tz2n4To.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sinestra shortly after too, I had to raid or the time gap would have been like an hour.

http://i.imgur.com/k7wn1iP.jpg

I have no idea why Nature's Grasp is up tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Actually I didn't use HotW at all, I had to use Nature's Vigil, as it's the only way I could heal through the debuff.

I started on the east platform and burned that guy down as quickly as possible. The haste debuff doesn't go out for a few seconds, so it's enough time to get up dots and cast a couple starfires. I used incarnation and pre-pot here, but not NV and CA. I was able to do this part with lower ilvl (around 532 I think) before I got any SoO gear. Renewal will heal you through the healing debuff if you need it.

After getting him down, get to the west platform as fast as possible. You need to get there before he starts summoning adds, or everything will despawn. I had enough time to astral communion into solar and summon some shrooms before the adds reached me. Kill the adds by spamming sunfire, SS procs, and blowing shrooms. NS heal if necessary.

After the adds die, head to the north platform and blow every remaining cooldown. I used a 2nd pot, NV, CA, troll, and lust drums. NV will keep you alive. I was able to get him down before he reached full energy. After that, return to the west platform and finish him off.

At lower gear levels:

If you don't get the north guy down before full energy, you should head back to the west platform to wait out the full energy phase and heal up. Then back north to finish him off, then back west to try to finish him. If you don't kill west fast enough, East will respawn, which is fine, as you can simply head back there and kill him again without the haste debuff this time.

In other news, H Ascendant Council should be possible as balance with a bit more gear.
    So after you posted this I went and tried it myself, I managed it in three pulls at 556 ilvl. I personally thought it was pretty easy, considering my first death was to standing in glaciate.

http://i.imgur.com/ccmqyEo.jpg
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k8qt254ncbzwmgx5/

- - - Updated - - -

Warmaster Blackhorn down as balance. Dunno if that's anything special or not.

http://i.imgur.com/HDe1GMR.jpg
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-10-26 at 07:52 PM. Reason: lolgramamr

Dis thread so quiet nowadays.

Dis thread so quiet nowadays.
    To bad, I should try some druid soloing myself, I thought about that when mop came but except a few tries on Morchok it didn't happen.