Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Yes.

They do the same buff as the aberrations. +damage and -damage taken to anything nearby, including Maloriak.

His berserk is noticeably more survivable without them there. It gets a little hectic whenever the acid nova goes out, but nothing too bad. The fact that he stops every few seconds to do the flame cast really helps.
    I must have been tunnel focusing horribly to not notice a damage decrease in my dps. Hm. That you I may try it out again once I get my new computer.

Deleted
    Personnally, I tried to kill the boss in berserk without kill the prime subjects but the boss healed him up to 65% and I can't kill him after 45s of berserk. Then I tried to kill the 2 adds but the boss healed him up to 100% !
    So, I deduced that my dps his lower than his healing in p2 and I decided to pass the boss in p2 during the berserk and I killed him before he had the time to use remedy
    (I did a video : Druid Guardian solo - Heroic Chimaeron and Heroic Maloriak (I can't post the link))

Props to you guys with the patience to do Heroic Maloriak. Haven't touched Maloriak since I figured out you could break the Ice with a lucky cloak proc as balance.

Even then, it was so ughhhhhhhh. Maybe if we were as cool as warriors and could shield slam off remedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I haven't been arsed to try anymore but it is doable. Use Inc+NV, clear every nest, get almost every buff. Requires next to BiS gear to get before enrage and you can't survive for too long after that, I'd imagine. Haven't gotten that far. (Best try around 30%.)
    You working on anything interesting Alzu? I got some people to help me with Heroic Ultraxion, so I've been working on Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn. Not sure if anyone has done it yet, but with proper kiting and good SS procs it seems possible. I know my first normal Warmaster Blackhorn kill I was only meleed twice or so.

Also, check your PMs qt.

Also, does anyone want to do a speed kill challenge for Heroic Lich King? I've managed to get 7 minutes not counting RP, and also only one Shambling Horror. The Heroic Cleave trinket helps so very much. Still only have 568 ilvl, because my guild fell apart before I could finish my trial and get gear = \

It would obviously be very RNG dependant, but ya know, still a fun thing to do since we've done about everything pre-MoP that's probably possible, Its too bad they put "role checks" in to determine who the tanks are, rather than just the boss's threat table. So many things Balance will never be able to do = (

I also couldn't be damned to try again, but anyone think Staghelm would be even a little possible as balance? I seem to remember trying and getting nowhere a while ago. Not sure how much gear ago that was though. He still has quite a bit of health.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-12-05 at 11:14 AM.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Props to you guys with the patience to do Heroic Maloriak. Haven't touched Maloriak since I figured out you could break the Ice with a lucky cloak proc as balance.(
    I let him cast everything during the blue phase and tank him in a corner. During his second arcane storm I then to the opposite corner and try to stay away from him until the blue buff wears out. No stun.
    However you are mistaken if you think I am "patient" for attempting that fight. I personally gave it like 4 tries :P

Also what's role check(y) about staghelm when doing it solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I let him cast everything during the blue phase and tank him in a corner. During his second arcane storm I then to the opposite corner and try to stay away from him until the blue buff wears out. No stun.
    However you are mistaken if you think I am "patient" for attempting that fight. I personally gave it like 4 tries :P

Also what's role check(y) about staghelm when doing it solo?
    Ah, didn't mean Staghelm in particular with that statement, just bitching. The one that really bothers me is Bael'roc. Will still spawn crystals on you just because you aren't a tank spec.

E: I saw what you meant, messed up the formatting of my post and pasted something at the end twice lol.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2013-12-05 at 11:14 AM.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

Ah, didn't mean Staghelm in particular with that statement, just bitching. The one that really bothers me is Bael'roc. Will still spawn crystals on you just because you aren't a tank spec.
    Eh, just run away from them and let them explode, it's probably far better than taking the debuff. Even if he did that, tanks would probably be fine (in fact we'd almost certainly prefer it, no crystals means no buff means no extra damage taken means no extra vengeance).

Or just grab imprinted from Alysrazor and destroy him during the first inferno blade.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What should I do to avoid silence during transition phase? I died due to that since dot takes my HP down fast
    Stand completely still and it won't silence you. If you try to run then you will get silenced. Not sure if it's a bug but that's how it works when I solo it as Boomkin. If you do for whatever reason get silenced you can still use Displacer Beast while silenced to avoid a bit of melee damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Stand completely still and it won't silence you. If you try to run then you will get silenced. Not sure if it's a bug but that's how it works when I solo it as Boomkin. If you do for whatever reason get silenced you can still use Displacer Beast while silenced to avoid a bit of melee damage.
    You probably have been just lucky with resists then. I've gotten silenced multiple times when just standing still. (This was months ago, but I doubt they've changed or broken anything.)

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-
    I haven't been doing anything interesting, unfortunately. There are a fee bosses I'd like to see dead, like Ji-kun, and some bosses I'd like to try but don't have a lockout.

Blackhorn heroic sounds quite easy on paper, I'd like to see myself if it really is though. Baleroc, Domo amd Ragnaros can probably be done, need to test them out as well.

I would love to test Madness though. Seems like an interesting fight to solo.

Ps. Ultraxion heroic might be doable with 580+ ilvl and good rng, I got it quite low (can't remember exact numbers) last time I gave it a shot few months ago.

You probably have been just lucky with resists then. I've gotten silenced multiple times when just standing still. (This was months ago, but I doubt they've changed or broken anything.)

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't been doing anything interesting, unfortunately. There are a fee bosses I'd like to see dead, like Ji-kun, and some bosses I'd like to try but don't have a lockout.

Blackhorn heroic sounds quite easy on paper, I'd like to see myself if it really is though. Baleroc, Domo amd Ragnaros can probably be done, need to test them out as well.

I would love to test Madness though. Seems like an interesting fight to solo.

Ps. Ultraxion heroic might be doable with 580+ ilvl and good rng, I got it quite low (can't remember exact numbers) last time I gave it a shot few months ago.
    Like I posted in this thread before, I've gotten normal Rag quite low, and I have significantly less gear than you. If you're talking about normal that is. It involves moving in and out of melee range constantly to drop stacks, but keep your burning wound stacks at 1 or 2 max.

Heroic Madness would actually probably not be as interesting as one would think. It'd just be a giant gear check tbh, very little execution at all.

Blackhorn normal isn't super easy either tbh. After one or two stacks he hits really hard. I wouldn't underestimate heroic. Plus, when you go to kite him off the top of the ship's balcony, sometimes he'll just port you back up. When this happens your stacks probably don't get dropped and you probably die.

How would you do Ultraxion Heroic when two people have to soak hour? Are you zergging him before one happens?

Also, you could try to do Heroic Conclave again! Now that your gear is probably better. Actually, with the NV nerfs its probably even harder/more impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'd recommend using open queue to get a Ji'kun lockout, and just leaving on Ji'kun. I haven't done it, but whenever I asked my guild mates to help me get one that was the response. Haha.

I'd like to mess around with some of the stat bonus ToT bosses and NV healing. Anyone think it would be possible to solo Tortos with as guardian? Assuming great gear of course. Death Knights can do it apparently.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

-snip-
    All of what I said has been just speculation, as I haven't actually tried any of those. Ragnaros sounds interesting with the range cheesing, Madness would be nice to see how to survive all that. I don't know but I find gear checks interesting.

Have you tried Blackhorn with HotW? You could go bear when the boss starts to be intimidating and I don't know if you need NV to heal through the adds. (Could be wrong here again.)

Heroic Ultraxion is just a DPS check, the boss doesn't go mad if only one player soaks the first hour, but the 2nd one is instant death. Getting it down before that while maintaining heavy heals is really hard, but like I said, possibly doable.

And no, I'm not touching heroic Conclave. It's an extremely annoying fight and I didn't find a way to kill Anshal last time I was at it, the adds just decimated me.

I might give Baleroc a shot at some point again, unfortunately the shards do spawn but it might not be too harsh. We'll see. Actually, just outranging the crystals might be nice. Need to test it when I get some free time.
    Last edited by Alzu; 2013-12-05 at 10:03 AM.

Eh, just run away from them and let them explode, it's probably far better than taking the debuff. Even if he did that, tanks would probably be fine (in fact we'd almost certainly prefer it, no crystals means no buff means no extra damage taken means no extra vengeance).
    I'm really tiered upon posting this, like 50 hours plus, so it may be stupid. However the crystals don't spawn if you're specced guardian, but they do if you're specced balance, even though you're technically the "tank." Instead of it working off of the bosses' threat table like every boss before Bael'roc, you just can't do it as balance.

Or just grab imprinted from Alysrazor and destroy him during the first inferno blade.
    I'm not sure that works anymore. I tried a few times a while back, and never was able to hit him for the 1000x multiplier. Something I'm forgetting/missing? Because I only did the bug once or twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried Blackhorn with HotW? You could go bear when the boss starts to be intimidating and I don't know if you need NV to heal through the adds. (Could be wrong here again.)
    Yea it helps a lot, I'm not 100% sure if you need it though. I think just going Inc/NV is probably for the best, as you wouldn't have to worry about healing up after soaking a onslaught with adds on you. Besides, you are forgetting about the Heroic mechanic with Goriona, and you are most certainly going to need it for tanking Goriona and Blackhorn. A Heroism drum+pot+C/Ds are gonna be the only way you can scare Goriona away in any reasonable time on heroic.

According to quick calculator math you have to do 12142980.75 damage to to Goriona (approx 25% remaining health). I'd almost be wiling to pop c/ds for the one turbo CA dot you could put on her as she flys by at the beginning of the encounter, near the right side of the boat. Only reachable in time with displacer beast, but you should probably be specced it anyways.

And no, I'm not touching heroic Conclave. It's an extremely annoying fight and I didn't find a way to kill Anshal last time I was at it, the adds just decimated me.
    Haha, whenever I have more gear I might throw attempts at it with eng bomb shenanigans, or pulling until the stars align with SS procs.

- - - Updated - - -

I might give Baleroc a shot at some point again, unfortunately the shards do spawn but it might not be too harsh. We'll see. Actually, just outranging the crystals might be nice. Need to test it when I get some free time.
    I tried this back before 5.4, the crystals hit pretty hard. I honestly do not know if you can out range them, but I have yet to clear Firelands this week. If I can get my graphics card fixed I'll spend a few hours on it *if* it is possible to out range crystals.

Honestly, if you can out range crystals, you might be able to do hard mode. You definitely would have had a way better chance to do so before the NV nerf at least :<

For those of you that don't know, if you're specced guardian you don't get blaze of glory on the encounter, because he just casts shards over and over again, because there's no "legal" target. However, I would imagine Y'sera's gift+blaze of glory being amazing.

Again, if it is possible to out range crystals, and if I can get my desktop up and running, I'll definitely put some time in on it later today. Sounds quite fun and challenging so far.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

Hrm, the FL bosses were all quite a disappointment. Took 1 wipe in total to kill Baleroc, Domo and Ragnaros. These are not 100% legit kills but close enough. On Baleroc I had crit buff which I forgot about (didn't have flask or food though) and on Ragnaros he was outside the room so he took magma traps which would've hardly impacted the fight at all if I would've gotten them.

Wiped once to Ragnaros's melee hits but then took NV and it was all easy. Don't mind the Baleroc screenshot, he was doing his death animation and during it he flies up in the air and apparently too high for my camera.

Deleted
    Just a stupid little question: How do you take screenshots exactly when a boss dies? Do you just press print screen or is there and addon for this?

Just a stupid little question: How do you take screenshots exactly when a boss dies? Do you just press print screen or is there and addon for this?
    I don't know about any addon, it's probably done the normal way.

You might notice that Ragnaros and Baleroc are clearly dead in the screenshots but Domo isn't. They're taken with the print screen button.

What both of them said

I just press it right before I know I'm going to kill it, so its completely apparent that I did it as a certain spec.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

Deleted
    You might notice that Ragnaros and Baleroc are clearly dead in the screenshots but Domo isn't. They're taken with the print screen button.
    Hmm damnit. I had an addon for this at some point, but only for new achievements, levels or boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I don't know about any addon, it's probably done the normal way.
    It can be done with an addon. There are a couple I believe, one is Multishot.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

is soloing old content (naxx 25, ulduar 25, etc) viable as resto?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzel View Post
    is soloing old content (naxx 25, ulduar 25, etc) viable as resto?
    Some bosses might be possible but I would avoid it, it's probably better to go boomie with your resto gear.