Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I cannot AT ALL get Heroic Maloriak to work anymore. Doesn't matter where I am, he still freezes me. Did something change that I am unaware of?
    You can do it without getting frozen?
    I've always just waited the stun out unless I'm really lucky and my cloak procs to break me out at the exact right time. The only thing I remember doing to help that situation was to interrupt his 2nd minions cast in frost phase, so there wouldn't be as many aberrations smacking my frozen hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    You can do it without getting frozen?
    I've always just waited the stun out unless I'm really lucky and my cloak procs to break me out at the exact right time. The only thing I remember doing to help that situation was to interrupt his 2nd minions cast in frost phase, so there wouldn't be as many aberrations smacking my frozen hide.
    Wait what? How do you survive 30 sec of doing nothing with 3-6 adds and maloriak? He usually breathes a two million fire on me just before it runs out (or he just kills me with arcane storm ticking for 70k).
    Onto your question: You can (or at least could) out range it. During the second storm you use a speed cooldown (having put the boss into a corner) and haul ass away from him. He then would not freeze you until he gets closer, which also takes some extra time due to spawning adds. The blue debuff would run off before he got into range.

Wait what? How do you survive 30 sec of doing nothing with 3-6 adds and maloriak? He usually breathes a two million fire on me just before it runs out (or he just kills me with arcane storm ticking for 70k).
    Well:

1: Always kill aberrations whenever they spawn.
    2: Interrupt the 2nd release aberrations in frost phase.

That way you go into it with 0 adds up, and at worst you'll have one set of 3 hitting you after he releases them next phase. That's the important part, extra adds can easily mean death. You can also barkskin whenever you need to, MoU before being frozen for the extra health, and of course have YG healing the entire time. Finally, while I haven't done it in a while, I forget whether scorching breath actually came out before or after I was unfrozen, but either way you can prevent yourself from taking almost all damage before it and mitigate that one breath with BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Can't seem to kill Yogg 0 lights as boomkin, the entire phase 1 I am slowed by 60% and getting stunned/feared every 2 seconds, managed to get into the brain room and killed the brain but when I came out I was just feared silenced and stunned forever until I ran out of sanity. Half my spells also seem to only want to hit 20k so that's no fun. Any help?
    I guess no one told you, I remember checking this thread on my phone during holidays and was sure someone would ~.~

Anyways, if you're tanking a crusher you won't get grabbed. Try to kill what you can, but just get to a crusher ASAP. Swipe works to interrupt the channel if you're using a staff, and I suggest using displacer beast anyways. Before portals get to 75 lunar energy, so you have two starfalls on the brain. That means do not use starfall when clearing illusions; starfall won't hit the neutral mobs anyways. Dot the brain, go out and clean up what you can. Then use hero drums, CA, Inc, and NV, and burn any adds left, and then Yogg while tanking gazes and dotting Guardians. If you use NV on the brain, you won't have it for the initial burn, but it will be up when the first shadow beacon hits, and you can effectively drain tank it sometimes. Then, if he isn't dead by the second beacon, use eng boosts to kite it out.

A good transition can make or break the fight.

You might be able to find more tips in the death knight thread.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

I'm curious about H Maloriak as well. I can get the fight rather well until the large adds at the end come and mess me up. Any tips?

Also anyone have any tips for H Beth'tilac? I can't for the life of me keep up with the spinners (the adds that dangle) and then once Beth is down they all stun me and Beth proceeds to kill me in that minute.

Also any idea with H Majordomo? I can only get to 50% before he berserks. Is that fight just undoable as of now with the vengeance changes?

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    I'm curious about H Maloriak as well. I can get the fight rather well until the large adds at the end come and mess me up. Any tips?

Also anyone have any tips for H Beth'tilac? I can't for the life of me keep up with the spinners (the adds that dangle) and then once Beth is down they all stun me and Beth proceeds to kill me in that minute.

Also any idea with H Majordomo? I can only get to 50% before he berserks. Is that fight just undoable as of now with the vengeance changes?
    I'll comment on the Firelands bosses quickly.

H Beth'tilac: the way I do it (probably the easiest way) is to never go down below once you go up top initially. I cannot remember the exact amount of HP (20%?), but as Guardian I'd literally way until I'm about to pass that threshold, wait for Bethy to start the long cast to go boom, blow HotW/CDs and burn her until she's dead. I had the most success in allowing some extra HP to get all my kitty bleeds up ticking prior to the cast, although I suppose you can go kitty early to put on combo points in advance. Depending upon your gear, you may or may not kill her before she starts to descend, but make sure you have full bleeds up so she'll likely die even if you get ported down and chain-stunned (blow defensive CDs prior to getting ported down). If she eats small spiders, you aren't going to win, just try again.

H Majordomo: Again, I do it as Guardian, and since the fight was designed around a damage buff that you'll never get you'll hit enrage. Perfectly fine, more Vengeance! Ironically, I find the encounter gets easier with enrage, since the Vengeance levels allow easier self-sustainment via FR and NV (but SD is definitely a plus since you'll likely have multiple adds up). I find the worst part is that the fight is very long since your burn doesn't really pick up until enrage hits, then he starts to melt.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-01-29 at 11:58 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I never thought of doing H Beth'tilac that way. I'll give it a try a littler later when I'm back on my computer.

On H Majordomo enrage usually killed me pretty quickly. I suppose now that I'm better gear (568) so maybe I'll look back into it. I'll have to look back into them sometime soon. Do you usually kite around to stay out of flame or just ignore it and stay in the flame puddles?

Speaking of Firelands though: anyone else think H Baleroc is a blast of a fight? I love it. Decimation Blade can be a bit annoying since you have to get lucky with dodging 2 of the 3 strikes but I love it (and killing it right before enrage is just as fun)

Speaking of Firelands though: anyone else think H Baleroc is a blast of a fight? I love it. Decimation Blade can be a bit annoying since you have to get lucky with dodging 2 of the 3 strikes but I love it (and killing it right before enrage is just as fun)
    Even though I can sometimes get over 80% dodge (paperdoll value), I still wear the legendary tanking cloak since nothing annoys me more than dying on the first Decimation Blade because RNG was against me. Nature's Vigil change with respect to healing debuffs made it risky business for sure, as it was always my back-up plan if I got hit... it's fun hitting enrage and he doesn't use Decimation Blade while enraged, although my gear's likely to the point where he wouldn't hit enrage anymore.

568 ilvl for heroic Majordomo should be fine, I managed with less when I was farming the instance. I'd recommend saving major cooldowns and Inc/NV for when enrage hits, as I recall the Vengeance was getting somewhere over 500k. Been a while, but the Vengeance gain was large enough that with cooldowns burning through millions of HP is nothing.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-01-30 at 08:32 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Hey all,

Quick easy question! Gemming strategy for Guardian solo?

I have a full set of Feral 554 gear I use for Guardian also (set bonus doesn't seem a loss) but my DPS is lacking in bear. Would I be better off gemming lots of Crit or is haste viable like other classes?

I have been soloing for years but I am now struggling with enrage timers on LK / Yogg as my DPS just seems bad.

When I go soloing I always just do Crit however I've also heard of people gemming Agi since vengeance for a lot of older raids is so low the AP boost is really nice. Haste won't give you much of anything in the form of DPS (only really will affect white hits)

Deleted

For heroic Maloriak you should just kill the big adds before he enrages. There are different ways of doing that fight, but I personally push him into the last phase and just kill the adds and let him heal up during it. Once he berserks he dies quite quickly. Be ware though that he does hurt and that you can't survive him without cooldowns for too long with that gear. The big adds need to be dead when he enrages because else he'd gain 20% damage taken reduction and damage done increase.

H Beth'tilac was annoying for me as well. Getting those last few percent as guardian once she goes down (10% or after third smoldering) is pretty difficult and luck dependant. I figured that she doesn't hurt very much, so I did it as feral. Nature's vigil and chaining cooldowns when it's not up; the smolderings only do 400k damage. You can chose to let her start casting before you burn through the last 10% or you can just drag her to the edge and use a speed cooldown to keep up with her as she tries to get down. You'll spend some seconds in a web if you don't do it perfectly and you'll probably wipe a few times because of spiderlings or weak bleeds.

Judging by your comment about H Majordomo I think I know what your problem is. You are running with the tanking cloak. I just run with the dps cloak, keep kiting him backwards and just single target dps. Once the cloak procs I stop moving and it kills all adds for me. I think I get to something like 10 (probably a bit more) percent before he berserks. That being said his berserk isn't very challenging at all and could probably be survived indefinitely.

In any case you should probably always go with the dps cloak (besides baleroc I guess).

That makes sense on H Majordomo. I don't think I actually had the DPS cloak at the time because I was broke as hell (as you can tell by my professions I'm still pretty bad at times).

I'll try that on H Beth later today. It seems a lot more doable as feral since a full rip/rake/thrash will do a metric shit ton of damage supposing I can survive P1 damage but that shouldn't be too much of an issue

To be that weird guy, I always just stayed downstairs on H-Beth. As long as you taunt spinners down on CD (and, when you just don't want to care, incarnation and spam it) then downstairs is not really too threatening, and p2 Beth is a joke even from full health. It's definitely a much, much slower way of doing it though .

H Bale is fun if you pull a couple of the fire eles with him. Max stacks of their aoe move makes inferno blade hit for 1.2M/swing , made the berserk actually possible back in ToT gear. Dblade is not too much of a hassle, on the rare occasions where it hits, you can go MoU->Renewal->Cancelaura MoU->FR (after debuff wears off) to be back at full before the next swing. I have not checked him specifically, but I know Chimaeron's "Healing done reduced by X%" doesn't affect NV, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dblade doesn't either, since it seems like it only changed for "Healing taken reduced by X%" abilities.

Otherwise I haven't done FL at all since I finished my staff, so I don't have much to add for Domo or the others.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-01-30 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Nature's vigil ignoring healing reductions was fixed sadly.
    Anyway I actually did try staying down at beth but my taunt cooldown was too long. Though thinking about it, maybe you were using the faerie fire glyph?

I'm curious how he did it as well because my taunt cooldown was way too long (and jumping and shredding/thrashing wouldn't put out near enough damage) to try and kill spinners as they came

Nature's vigil ignoring healing reductions was fixed sadly.
    Anyway I actually did try staying down at beth but my taunt cooldown was too long. Though thinking about it, maybe you were using the faerie fire glyph?
    Healing taken reductions...
    But it works exactly like normal on another example of "healing done" reductions, which is why I was curious. In fact, it makes perfect sense for it to still ignore modifiers on your personal "healing done" since NV itself gives 10%, and that would make it heal 27.5% (which it doesn't do).

Also, taunt CD on Beth is perfectly fine. Spinners pile up a little bit but never so much that they actually get a cast off. That is, unless you forget to taunt them in order (e.g. use your 2nd taunt on one of the 2nd pair of spinners instead of the 2nd one of the first pair). And when you don't want to deal with it, Incarnation and get all 6 down in no time.

Edit:
    Yup, Vigil still works 100% fine against Dblade.

[10:27:33.990] Ahanss afflicted by Decimating Strike from Baleroc
    [10:27:36.410] Ahanss Lacerate Baleroc *134377*
    [10:27:36.940] Ahanss Nature's Vigil Ahanss +33594 (O: 0)
    [10:27:38.010] Baleroc's Decimating Strike fades from Ahanss

Also, being lazy and not taking Renewal, when using your only other usable CD to test something, doesn't work out well.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-01-31 at 05:37 PM.

Any tip on how to solo Yogg +0 keepers as moonkin?

I watched the videos but I fail when i kill the brain and when adds spawn. I'm constantly stunned, and eventually I get killed by adds.
    I hate the rng part of that fight and that tentacles sometimes spawn 2 far away from each other, so is there any way to prevent that?

Just kill the debuff tentacle first. Solar beam can also stop its casting for 10 seconds so make sure to use it.

If you manage to prevent most of the debuffs, it becomes a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Just kill the debuff tentacle first. Solar beam can also stop its casting for 10 seconds so make sure to use it.

If you manage to prevent most of the debuffs, it becomes a joke.

Debuff one is that with 2mill HP, or thats the one that gives dmg reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Debuff one is that with 2mill HP, or thats the one that gives dmg reduction?
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.