Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.
    You are right. Only issue I have is getting black plague and then its all over. 24sec and im stunned and cant do anything. Do I need to keep my distance from big ones?

  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are right. Only issue I have is getting black plague and then its all over. 24sec and im stunned and cant do anything. Do I need to keep my distance from big ones?
    That's the RNG part of the fight. If the first cast of the Corruptors is the plague, things can get bad but if you're quick with the Constrictor and can silence the Corruptor quickly you should be good to go.

    Regarding the big ones, I just kept my distance and killed them. I guess you can go to melee them to reset the debuff but I didn't find that necessary.
    I heal: Druid - Paladin - Priest - Monk - Shaman

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.
    Yeah, it's the corruptor tentacles, and I'm semi-decently-ballparkish certain their health is absurdly low, maybe around 200k if memory serves me correctly... it's basically low enough that anyone level 90 should be able to ignore the crusher tentacles and kill the corruptors first. As a reminder, when exiting the brain room, be sure to clear out the remaining tentacles as they may have built up depending upon how long everything took and what you may have left up before entering the brain room.

    I've never had issues with them casting the plague debuff immediately and actually connecting with it (they're really low level, so they have a good chance to miss). If I can kill them as a melee without issue, I'd imagine being ranged would be even easier. All else fails, spam a targeting macro when they spawn to make nuking them down that much faster.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Yeah, it's the corruptor tentacles, and I'm semi-decently-ballparkish certain their health is absurdly low, maybe around 200k if memory serves me correctly... it's basically low enough that anyone level 90 should be able to ignore the crusher tentacles and kill the corruptors first. As a reminder, when exiting the brain room, be sure to clear out the remaining tentacles as they may have built up depending upon how long everything took and what you may have left up before entering the brain room.

    I've never had issues with them casting the plague debuff immediately and actually connecting with it (they're really low level, so they have a good chance to miss). If I can kill them as a melee without issue, I'd imagine being ranged would be even easier. All else fails, spam a targeting macro when they spawn to make nuking them down that much faster.

    I always got nuked down by the adds, whenever i get to that phase I get overwhelmed by them and get killed fast.... They just drain my HP. Hot to prevent so many from spamming. i watched videos and by the time they kill it, 40sec+ in the last phase they have few only few spawns I have 10 in 20sec or less...

  5. #845
    About zero light, as I've previously posted, go auto a crusher tentacle and tank it. You won't get grabbed if you're tanking one. You can find more helpful tips if you look through the death knight soloing thread, or previous parts of this one - I've elaborated a few times.

    Also I actually started raiding again, so I have gear. Will look into anything fancy that hasn't been done yet soon o/
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

  6. #846
    Any tips on beating the hardest boss in Ulduar? I'm talking about the "you have entered too many instances recently" boss, since it seems to reset itself constantly.

  7. #847
    I haven't had any issues with that, that is of course if I haven't entered 5 instances within the last hour. Are you sure you're just not going back and forth?
    I heal: Druid - Paladin - Priest - Monk - Shaman

  8. #848
    I'm not really sure what it is, but I think that if you start the instance on 10-man and later switch to 25-man each time you enter the raid it counts as a new instance. That's the only time I've had the instance limit problem.

  9. #849
    Warchief Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,134
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.
    Was under the impression only certain races could avoid being bone spiked altogether, unless there was a stealth fix to it. Haven't done heroic 25man of that encounter in a long time since it's not required for a heroic LK kill. There's been some mention of perhaps the legendary DPS cloak procs hitting the tombs and breaking them when you're stunned, other than that I don't have much in the way of helpful information.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Was under the impression only certain races could avoid being bone spiked altogether, unless there was a stealth fix to it. Haven't done heroic 25man of that encounter in a long time since it's not required for a heroic LK kill. There's been some mention of perhaps the legendary DPS cloak procs hitting the tombs and breaking them when you're stunned, other than that I don't have much in the way of helpful information.
    DKs do it by applying dots to their spike while stunned, so I would imagine that the cloak is our only way of doing this. It's probably easier to do as a dps spec in that case.

  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.
    Thrash with good timing will apply to it before you get stunned. Otherwise, I found that wouldn't do damage fast enough on its own (1 impale did >50% of my health), so defensive CDs before being impaled or a lucky cloak proc on at least 1 spike (what I got) were needed.

  13. #853
    NIce guide! i love it

  14. #854
    Which spec is best for soloing LK 25 HC? And what ilevel do you need?

  15. #855
    Madness of Deathwing 10 man as Boomkin

    Pretty easy tbh, used NV / Incarn and made sure everything was off-CD for the last platform to destroy the adds.

  16. #856
    I just came back to WoW and I'm thinking of picking up my druid once again. I was wondering, for soloing stuff like Ulduar 25 (For the Legendary mace) and Firelands (10H or 25N) (For the Legendary staff), what would be the best spec for me?

    I guess Guardian would be the way to go?

    If I'm planning on being Resto MS, would I be able to solo those 2 raids as boomkin with resto gear or I would need more DPS gear in order to solo those? If that is the case, I should probably go Feral MS and Guardian OS...

    Any tips would be appreciated

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbey View Post
    I just came back to WoW and I'm thinking of picking up my druid once again. I was wondering, for soloing stuff like Ulduar 25 (For the Legendary mace) and Firelands (10H or 25N) (For the Legendary staff), what would be the best spec for me?

    I guess Guardian would be the way to go?

    If I'm planning on being Resto MS, would I be able to solo those 2 raids as boomkin with resto gear or I would need more DPS gear in order to solo those? If that is the case, I should probably go Feral MS and Guardian OS...

    Any tips would be appreciated
    Depends on the encounter and raid. Ulduar 25 can easily be done as any spec (some of the hard mode versions may be easier with specific specs, though). Firelands is probably the easiest as Guardian for every encounter (except Alysrazor, going DPS makes it immensely faster since you don't have to worry about survivability), although I haven't honestly tried going DPS for any of them... however, I solo-clear 10man heroic every, so the survivability requirements are a bit higher.

    I'm sure there are some Resto/Moonkin people that can offer you more perspective from the caster side, but I know going Guardian can defeat every encounter in both raids you mentioned (with some fights being more efficient as DPS).
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  18. #858
    Do you go Guardian with Feral gear (I mean, reforge / enchants / gems etc) or you are in your tank gear?

  19. #859
    Anyone have an idea of what the BiS for Guardian soloing would be?

    I've been told Thok trinket is bis for bear dps, and 6 heroic (non-warforged ffs) have dropped the past two weeks and I got one without asking. Other than a few Heroic warforged pieces I'm pretty sure I could almost pull it together rofl.

    Not that it super matters or anything. Haha. But, exploring things guardians can do balance can't would be a fun way to waste more time soloing stuff o/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Furbey View Post
    Do you go Guardian with Feral gear (I mean, reforge / enchants / gems etc) or you are in your tank gear?
    When I still had to solo things as guardian, and the occasional boss like Ultraxion, I gem crit and stuff. I use dps trinkets/meta/cloak too. The legendaries are quite significant damage wise when soloing things as a tank spec of any class. Pretty sure hit/exp(15%)->crit->haste is the best for soloing stuff. The set bonuses are really helpful too. Specifically the T15 2-piece, or T16 2/4-piece. The T15 2-piece is amazing for stuff like zero light and LoD if you don't have siege gear. Worth using two shitty lfr pieces for those fights specifically; if you're aiming for the harder stuff that is.

    I've cleared everything as Balance except ultraxion pre-mop, and do almost every week (save a few fights I go guardian just to make sure I don't waste time, usually Shannox and Rag). I know you're probably talking about feral, so I'd suggest just going guardian unless you have decent feral gear to zerg things before you die. I know zero-light can be done as feral, LoD too probably.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    I've cleared everything as Balance except ultraxion pre-mop, and do almost every week (save a few fights I go guardian just to make sure I don't waste time, usually Shannox and Rag). I know you're probably talking about feral, so I'd suggest just going guardian unless you have decent feral gear to zerg things before you die. I know zero-light can be done as feral, LoD too probably.
    How do you do Heroic Halfus?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •