Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Nature's vigil ignoring healing reductions was fixed sadly.
    Anyway I actually did try staying down at beth but my taunt cooldown was too long. Though thinking about it, maybe you were using the faerie fire glyph?

  2. #842
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,192
    I'm curious how he did it as well because my taunt cooldown was way too long (and jumping and shredding/thrashing wouldn't put out near enough damage) to try and kill spinners as they came

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Nature's vigil ignoring healing reductions was fixed sadly.
    Anyway I actually did try staying down at beth but my taunt cooldown was too long. Though thinking about it, maybe you were using the faerie fire glyph?
    Healing taken reductions...
    But it works exactly like normal on another example of "healing done" reductions, which is why I was curious. In fact, it makes perfect sense for it to still ignore modifiers on your personal "healing done" since NV itself gives 10%, and that would make it heal 27.5% (which it doesn't do).

    Also, taunt CD on Beth is perfectly fine. Spinners pile up a little bit but never so much that they actually get a cast off. That is, unless you forget to taunt them in order (e.g. use your 2nd taunt on one of the 2nd pair of spinners instead of the 2nd one of the first pair). And when you don't want to deal with it, Incarnation and get all 6 down in no time.

    Edit:
    Yup, Vigil still works 100% fine against Dblade.

    [10:27:33.990] Ahanss afflicted by Decimating Strike from Baleroc
    [10:27:36.410] Ahanss Lacerate Baleroc *134377*
    [10:27:36.940] Ahanss Nature's Vigil Ahanss +33594 (O: 0)
    [10:27:38.010] Baleroc's Decimating Strike fades from Ahanss

    Also, being lazy and not taking Renewal, when using your only other usable CD to test something, doesn't work out well.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-01-31 at 05:37 PM.

  4. #844
    Any tip on how to solo Yogg +0 keepers as moonkin?

    I watched the videos but I fail when i kill the brain and when adds spawn. I'm constantly stunned, and eventually I get killed by adds.
    I hate the rng part of that fight and that tentacles sometimes spawn 2 far away from each other, so is there any way to prevent that?

  5. #845
    Just kill the debuff tentacle first. Solar beam can also stop its casting for 10 seconds so make sure to use it.

    If you manage to prevent most of the debuffs, it becomes a joke.

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Just kill the debuff tentacle first. Solar beam can also stop its casting for 10 seconds so make sure to use it.

    If you manage to prevent most of the debuffs, it becomes a joke.

    Debuff one is that with 2mill HP, or thats the one that gives dmg reduction?

  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Debuff one is that with 2mill HP, or thats the one that gives dmg reduction?
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.
    You are right. Only issue I have is getting black plague and then its all over. 24sec and im stunned and cant do anything. Do I need to keep my distance from big ones?

  9. #849
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are right. Only issue I have is getting black plague and then its all over. 24sec and im stunned and cant do anything. Do I need to keep my distance from big ones?
    That's the RNG part of the fight. If the first cast of the Corruptors is the plague, things can get bad but if you're quick with the Constrictor and can silence the Corruptor quickly you should be good to go.

    Regarding the big ones, I just kept my distance and killed them. I guess you can go to melee them to reset the debuff but I didn't find that necessary.

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I can't remember the HP values, but I believe it's called Corruptor Tentacle. Anyways it's the small one that doesn't grab you. The huge tentacle is the one which reduces your damage dealt.
    Yeah, it's the corruptor tentacles, and I'm semi-decently-ballparkish certain their health is absurdly low, maybe around 200k if memory serves me correctly... it's basically low enough that anyone level 90 should be able to ignore the crusher tentacles and kill the corruptors first. As a reminder, when exiting the brain room, be sure to clear out the remaining tentacles as they may have built up depending upon how long everything took and what you may have left up before entering the brain room.

    I've never had issues with them casting the plague debuff immediately and actually connecting with it (they're really low level, so they have a good chance to miss). If I can kill them as a melee without issue, I'd imagine being ranged would be even easier. All else fails, spam a targeting macro when they spawn to make nuking them down that much faster.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Yeah, it's the corruptor tentacles, and I'm semi-decently-ballparkish certain their health is absurdly low, maybe around 200k if memory serves me correctly... it's basically low enough that anyone level 90 should be able to ignore the crusher tentacles and kill the corruptors first. As a reminder, when exiting the brain room, be sure to clear out the remaining tentacles as they may have built up depending upon how long everything took and what you may have left up before entering the brain room.

    I've never had issues with them casting the plague debuff immediately and actually connecting with it (they're really low level, so they have a good chance to miss). If I can kill them as a melee without issue, I'd imagine being ranged would be even easier. All else fails, spam a targeting macro when they spawn to make nuking them down that much faster.

    I always got nuked down by the adds, whenever i get to that phase I get overwhelmed by them and get killed fast.... They just drain my HP. Hot to prevent so many from spamming. i watched videos and by the time they kill it, 40sec+ in the last phase they have few only few spawns I have 10 in 20sec or less...

  12. #852
    About zero light, as I've previously posted, go auto a crusher tentacle and tank it. You won't get grabbed if you're tanking one. You can find more helpful tips if you look through the death knight soloing thread, or previous parts of this one - I've elaborated a few times.

    Also I actually started raiding again, so I have gear. Will look into anything fancy that hasn't been done yet soon o/
    I've played balance for five years.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

  13. #853
    Any tips on beating the hardest boss in Ulduar? I'm talking about the "you have entered too many instances recently" boss, since it seems to reset itself constantly.

  14. #854
    I haven't had any issues with that, that is of course if I haven't entered 5 instances within the last hour. Are you sure you're just not going back and forth?

  15. #855
    I'm not really sure what it is, but I think that if you start the instance on 10-man and later switch to 25-man each time you enter the raid it counts as a new instance. That's the only time I've had the instance limit problem.

  16. #856
    Epic! Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,638
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.
    Was under the impression only certain races could avoid being bone spiked altogether, unless there was a stealth fix to it. Haven't done heroic 25man of that encounter in a long time since it's not required for a heroic LK kill. There's been some mention of perhaps the legendary DPS cloak procs hitting the tombs and breaking them when you're stunned, other than that I don't have much in the way of helpful information.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Was under the impression only certain races could avoid being bone spiked altogether, unless there was a stealth fix to it. Haven't done heroic 25man of that encounter in a long time since it's not required for a heroic LK kill. There's been some mention of perhaps the legendary DPS cloak procs hitting the tombs and breaking them when you're stunned, other than that I don't have much in the way of helpful information.
    DKs do it by applying dots to their spike while stunned, so I would imagine that the cloak is our only way of doing this. It's probably easier to do as a dps spec in that case.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Is anyone having issues with 25h marrowgar? I normally don't but i've somehow been getting bonespiked every single time. I don't use FoN.
    Thrash with good timing will apply to it before you get stunned. Otherwise, I found that wouldn't do damage fast enough on its own (1 impale did >50% of my health), so defensive CDs before being impaled or a lucky cloak proc on at least 1 spike (what I got) were needed.

  20. #860
    NIce guide! i love it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •