Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I can also confirm that you can do everything on 10 Normal and then switch to 25 Normal outside and 25 Heroic inside for LK as of 17th Apr.

Also how do you meet the enrage as a Guardian on LK25Hc? I was ~8% off and my guess is that I lost too much dps from running around after the winter phases because I couldn't kill the orbs fast enough. How do you guys handle the orbs?
    Stay on the staircase that leads up to the throne and just take the hits, for reference www youtube com/watch?v=_IIk6zKi7Kk (Can't post links yet...)
    Last edited by Dimolition; 2014-04-18 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimolition View Post
    Stay on the staircase that leads up to the throne and just take the hits, for reference www youtube com/watch?v=_IIk6zKi7Kk (Can't post links yet...)
    Cool thanks

What he said for orbs. Just make sure you stay away from the throne through p1 to keep traps away. You can even put a lot of damage into Arthas if you get the orbs down fast enough since the adds don't do enough damage to really matter. Key here though is getting the orbs down fast enough. Usually 1 FF is good (if it crits), if not just stay by the staircase and they'll come to you. If they do push you back the staircase will catch you and you can just mangle/lacerate them really quickly and they'll die and then you can push some more damage onto Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Also how do you meet the enrage as a Guardian on LK25Hc? I was ~8% off and my guess is that I lost too much dps from running around after the winter phases because I couldn't kill the orbs fast enough. How do you guys handle the orbs?
    I suppose it depends on gear, but I've always killed the orbs with Thrash/Swipe (DPS cloak can kill them easily, as well, although it's random). I haven't tried using FF like the above poster mentioned, but I almost always one-shot orbs with AoE. They're fairly easy to see spawn, so as long as you move away from that location and Swipe/Thrash when you can hit them (you'll likely have adds up, anyways) while not getting hit they should die in 2 GCD's while staying in melee range at all times. Worst case scenario, I think you can run with Displacer Beast and "blink" to counter a knockback from orbs, as well as shadow traps, if you're fast enough. I've managed it with Skull Bash, as well, but it's tricky timing since the range is small... partly why I run with Displacer Beast on heroic Rag for clearing Magma Traps that dirty my floor, but that's another boss fight.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

Hey guys, I've done All of firelands hc as well as all of BWD hc as a guardian at 5.4. If anyone needs tips let me know.

I ran into trouble on heroic cho'gal. No matter how well I try to control the adds usually at least one of them hit me. By the 3rd add spawns It is so hard to not go over 25 corruption (when you get the debuff) that I just wipe at like 15% (after transformation).At 100% corruption NV doesn't work, the only healing that work is renewal but it is so abysmal that it is not really worth it. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    What he said for orbs. Just make sure you stay away from the throne through p1 to keep traps away. You can even put a lot of damage into Arthas if you get the orbs down fast enough since the adds don't do enough damage to really matter. Key here though is getting the orbs down fast enough. Usually 1 FF is good (if it crits), if not just stay by the staircase and they'll come to you. If they do push you back the staircase will catch you and you can just mangle/lacerate them really quickly and they'll die and then you can push some more damage onto Arthas.
    I killed him today (my first time) with 30sec left on enrage. I just stood on the stairs cleaving down adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsin View Post
    Hey guys, I've done All of firelands hc as well as all of BWD hc as a guardian at 5.4. If anyone needs tips let me know.

I ran into trouble on heroic cho'gal. No matter how well I try to control the adds usually at least one of them hit me. By the 3rd add spawns It is so hard to not go over 25 corruption (when you get the debuff) that I just wipe at like 15% (after transformation).At 100% corruption NV doesn't work, the only healing that work is renewal but it is so abysmal that it is not really worth it. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    I don't properly recall how I did, but I am pretty sure that I just ended up overpowering it with dps. Killing the third set of blobs, getting to full health before 100 corruption (with NV) and then just burning it with full SD uptime, renewal+MoU (goes through the healing reduction) and the rest of my defensive/offensive cooldowns. Dps trikets, cloak, meta goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I don't properly recall how I did, but I am pretty sure that I just ended up overpowering it with dps. Killing the third set of blobs, getting to full health before 100 corruption (with NV) and then just burning it with full SD uptime, renewal+MoU (goes through the healing reduction) and the rest of my defensive/offensive cooldowns. Dps trikets, cloak, meta goes a long way.
    The DPS trinkets/cloak/meta can make all the difference in the world, as you mentioned. When it came to the oozes, getting a lucky cloak proc just makes the fight a breeze in itself. As I mentioned in an earlier post with LK orbs, there is a sweet spot with AoE'ing with Swipe/Thrash without getting hit by melee. I like using UV to slow something and kite in a circle for this kind of thing, although my methods for soloing content tend to be a bit different than most.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The DPS trinkets/cloak/meta can make all the difference in the world, as you mentioned. When it came to the oozes, getting a lucky cloak proc just makes the fight a breeze in itself. As I mentioned in an earlier post with LK orbs, there is a sweet spot with AoE'ing with Swipe/Thrash without getting hit by melee. I like using UV to slow something and kite in a circle for this kind of thing, although my methods for soloing content tend to be a bit different than most.
    I do think that your way of kiting seems right. Consistent slow is probably a lot better than getting them dragged back. I am just so incredibly shit at that kiting, which caused me to give up and just power through it.

Yeah... I just got mutated on the 2nd set of bloods and pushed right through. No Renewal or any tricks like that, gear is fun .

Helps that that's pretty much the exact same p2 timing as my old kills. Pushing p2 with low time left on fury = reset fury stacks = joke boss.

Heroic Halion 25 down as guardian @ 567 ilvl using heroic TTT as second trinket.

Pushed up phase corpreality to 0%, then sorta just waited for berserk. Went down, got lots of vengeance, and essentially bursted it down.

http://imgur.com/a/kBYXB

e: I fully realize this isn't a first, moreso a guide for anyone else wanting to do it. Going to try as my main spec, balance, some this week. Doubt it's possible though.

Also, I was able to do Heroic: Cho'gall in the same way Braindwen described, so it's certainly possible with my level of gear. I can only assume his is significantly better, as it is his main spec.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2014-04-23 at 01:21 PM.
    I've played balance for five years.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

Are all the Brawler's Guild bosses soloable as Guardian in 565+ with a heroic warforged weapon? My trinket options are a bit outdated with normal RoR and HTF Renataki's but I blame the huge influx of agility users we got in SoO.

Edit: I realize I could do it on one of my dps spec toons but prefer to keep achievements earned first on my Druid and I haven't been Feral since Cata.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-04-27 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Are all the Brawler's Guild bosses soloable as Guardian in 565+ with a heroic warforged weapon? My trinket options are a bit outdated with normal RoR and HTF Renataki's but I blame the huge influx of agility users we got in SoO.

Edit: I realize I could do it on one of my dps spec toons but prefer to keep achievements earned first on my Druid and I haven't been Feral since Cata.
    Go to a raider's target dummy and see if you can maintain ~115k dps single target with no vengeance for 2 minutes. That will probably be enough to get to and beat Dr. FIST.

The last guy is a much harder dps check. Assuming you beat phase 1 in one minute, you will need ~166k dps to beat him before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Heroic Halion 25 down as guardian @ 567 ilvl using heroic TTT as second trinket.

Pushed up phase corpreality to 0%, then sorta just waited for berserk. Went down, got lots of vengeance, and essentially bursted it down.
    Gratz on the kill!

The method I used was actually just staying down below the entire time once you get past P1... I don't like fire. It's been a while (did it last year), but I don't think you'll even hit the berserk timer. I recall the fight randomly resetting on occasion, has that been fixed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

Honestly, a lot of the encounters are horrid as Feral, since burst classes tend to do better. With full SoO gear, it's probably a cake walk now, but I always preferred the direct damage of bears over the bleeds of kittens for those kinds of things. As Lybydose said, if you can maintain decent single-target damage almost all of it should be fine... you can also sit in some mechanics as Guardian, too. Been a while, but didn't they remove Vengeance gains to prevent tanks from cheesing the mechanics?

The only one that might be troublesome is the four statue one, unless my mental wounds from doing that are making me bias (it's one of the special card challenges I think?). I had to line up procs, use Treants, and DoT-and-run as Feral to get that one down the first time, was a pain in the butt and might be just as painful as Guardian. Although, one of the limiting factors on that encounter is the increasing damage from each statue, and being Guardian will reduce the amount of threat caused by that mechanic substantially.

Thanks for the replies. Still putting off doing it until I get all of those stupid special card quest items (damn you Tiny Blue Carp, I know you're rare but I wanted the Brawler's Guild thing instead).

Figured I'd throw this up since I already cleared the instance for a friend for the week, but has anyone found a reliable method to solo Heroic Ultraxion on 10man? Kitty probably is the best bet, unless there's some trick to circumventing the Twilight debuff of instant death. All else fails, I'll see what I can do next week.

Figured I'd throw this up since I already cleared the instance for a friend for the week, but has anyone found a reliable method to solo Heroic Ultraxion on 10man? Kitty probably is the best bet, unless there's some trick to circumventing the Twilight debuff of instant death. All else fails, I'll see what I can do next week.
    It requires a ridiculous amount of DPS to kill. Probably possible with insane RNG but even that is far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    It requires a ridiculous amount of DPS to kill. Probably possible with insane RNG but even that is far fetched.
    My only thought might be pet trinkets and Treants getting debuffs from the Hour of Twilight, perhaps I'll mess with it on my alt druid and see if anything sticks (although I doubt it). Only reason I'd try it on heroic is for my friend who wants xmog gear, so no big loss if there's no feasible method. Can always pray in WoD they add vanity pets to DS and adjust the content for it.

My only thought might be pet trinkets and Treants getting debuffs from the Hour of Twilight, perhaps I'll mess with it on my alt druid and see if anything sticks (although I doubt it). Only reason I'd try it on heroic is for my friend who wants xmog gear, so no big loss if there's no feasible method. Can always pray in WoD they add vanity pets to DS and adjust the content for it.
    I don't think pets count as a viable target for Hour of Twilight. You either need to kill Ultraxion before the 2nd Hour of Twilight or bring someone else with you to trade off on Hour of Twilight soaking.

Hello, good people. I'm trying (and failing) to solo Gluth 25m to get myself an Origin of Nightmares. I know the drop is low from him, but it's one extra shot each week.

I'm just not able to do it. I'm in 494 gear, gemmed/reforged for guardian, and I'm pushing 60-70k DPS, but he just out heals me. Does anyone have any tips to impart? It says he's easy in the OP, but I'm starting to think that's for 10m..

Thanks! :3