Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
LastLast
  1. #961

  2. #962
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Nice, this makes Druids and Warlocks the only classes to have soloed Ji-kun now I believe unless a Hunter has as well. Guessing near BiS is a requirement, yes?

  3. #963
    Thanks for replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That should be enough, I was around that in my Guardian spec too. As for LK, whats your Balance gear like? It's a lot more fun to solo as Balance, I did it around 555.
    My druid is 577, I'll give it a go with oomkin if guardian ends up in failure. I just get really annoyed with LK whenever I try do it on caster because of the silences left right and center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Nice, this makes Druids and Warlocks the only classes to have soloed Ji-kun now I believe unless a Hunter has as well. Guessing near BiS is a requirement, yes?
    The picture shows 708.4xx hp, which I doubt is near BiS since my boomkin has 722.657 in 577 ilvl gear. Kind of curious for a video or description of the fight now. ^^

    One more question: does barkskin stack on ultraxion?
    With the buff it goes to 15sec cd with 24sec uptime. Does it just refresh or can you get 9 seconds of double barkskin?

    Edit: that picture is like 572ish ilvl without food and stamina buff, so I reckon with higher gear it should be less tight. Or more reliable and less dependant on crit-rng?
    Last edited by Derpette; 2014-06-09 at 04:10 PM.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  4. #964
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Edit: that picture is like 572ish ilvl without food and stamina buff, so I reckon with higher gear it should be less tight. Or more reliable and less dependant on crit-rng?
    582 ilvl. You're forgetting that HP is lower without hotw. Should be doable with lower though, since I missed at least one feed young buff and my lust drum timing was...bad. Plus the fight can be extended a bit longer into berserk.

    I can try to make a video next week if I can get another Ji-kun lockout.

  5. #965
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    582 ilvl. You're forgetting that HP is lower without hotw. Should be doable with lower though, since I missed at least one feed young buff and my lust drum timing was...bad. Plus the fight can be extended a bit longer into berserk.

    I can try to make a video next week if I can get another Ji-kun lockout.
    That'd be amazing! Or just a description on what to do and look out for if you can't get a vid.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  6. #966
    It's doable with ~577 gear but the enrage is really tight then.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    That'd be amazing! Or just a description on what to do and look out for if you can't get a vid.
    Managed to get a lockout. 9:37 kill time, so definitely doable at lower ilvl, especially since cooldowns were coming up just as I killed him.


  8. #968
    Woop thanks for the vid! Gonna need to try that out for sure.

    LK was oneshot although I hit hard enrage which gave enough vengeance to clear last 7M or so of his hp. Ultraxion hit hard enrage at 2M but going back now with food/flask/drums/etc. Also had some gear in bags that I hadn't enchanted/gemmed for some reason and never used, gained 6 ilvls, should be doable now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    60k wipe on ultraxion because i was a retard and hit my button on his hard enrage cast.
    Edit: woop down in 5:47, tighter than i had thought.
    Last edited by Derpette; 2014-06-11 at 11:00 AM.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    One more question: does barkskin stack on ultraxion?
    With the buff it goes to 15sec cd with 24sec uptime. Does it just refresh or can you get 9 seconds of double barkskin?
    Didn't see a response or know if you still needed one, but you can only have one instance of Barkskin, and it'll just overwrite the previous one in this case.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  10. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Edit: woop down in 5:47, tighter than i had thought.
    How did you survive for that long exactly? Thought you were boomkin?

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    How did you survive for that long exactly? Thought you were boomkin?
    Same way Warlocks survive: never get into Ji-kun's melee range. Being able to outheal Quills damage is the first step to being able to solo the fight.

    Edit: By the way Lyby, those some remixes of a Touhou themes? Feels like I've heard them before but can't put my finger on it if there's none of ZUN's electric horn.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-06-12 at 02:58 AM.

  12. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Same way Warlocks survive: never get into Ji-kun's melee range. Being able to outheal Quills damage is the first step to being able to solo the fight.
    I think he was talking about Ultraxion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Edit: By the way Lyby, those some remixes of a Touhou themes? Feels like I've heard them before but can't put my finger on it if there's none of ZUN's electric horn.
    Yes.
    The first song is a remix of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DcpRtzVaE
    Second song is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QacmltD4g

  13. #973
    I boosted a Druid just to solo tough elites and old raid content

    Is the OP completely useless? If so, where can I find basic information for soloing?

    Anyone here solo Sha of Anger?

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    How did you survive for that long exactly? Thought you were boomkin?
    545 bear spec. I would be horrible at dps if I needed 5:47 to kill ultraxion as 577ilvl boomkin.
    Bear was bad enough last minute but spamming frenz reg and some HT proc's + barkskin 100% up + SI for 24 sec + buff that allows you to die once made it possible. Not sure why the HP buff doesn't get counted as "defensive cooldown" and is still 3 minutes. :s

    Also for anyone trying ultraxion with 2pc, use this macro to trigger it:
    #showtooltip barkskin
    /cancelaura Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin

    Otherwise it seemed you didn't get the 2pc because it doesn't expire technically. For that fight you can also macro that into all your abilities lol.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    I boosted a Druid just to solo tough elites and old raid content

    Is the OP completely useless? If so, where can I find basic information for soloing?

    Anyone here solo Sha of Anger?
    The front page is a great place to start. The only thing really out of date is what has been soloed since. I think the guide currently considers 5.2 patch notes/gear as current so things are even easier than that with the 5.4+ patch notes/gear. Since you're a fresh character I'd recommend starting with Guardian for soloing purposes though there are niche fights where Feral/Balance are vastly superior; the flip side is that you need much better gear than Guardian.

    As for Sha of Anger he will never be soloable unless you can kill him before the first MC goes out or Blizzard changes it so that he can not MC his main threat target.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    545 bear spec. I would be horrible at dps if I needed 5:47 to kill ultraxion as 577ilvl boomkin.
    Bear was bad enough last minute but spamming frenz reg and some HT proc's + barkskin 100% up + SI for 24 sec + buff that allows you to die once made it possible. Not sure why the HP buff doesn't get counted as "defensive cooldown" and is still 3 minutes. :s

    Also for anyone trying ultraxion with 2pc, use this macro to trigger it:
    #showtooltip barkskin
    /cancelaura Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin

    Otherwise it seemed you didn't get the 2pc because it doesn't expire technically. For that fight you can also macro that into all your abilities lol.
    Could have sworn I did this solo back in 522+ ToT gear but maybe that's just because the T15 2 set was amazing for soloing. That or I duoed it and am conveniently blanking.

  16. #976
    Not saying it's not possible with lower gear. My trinkets are horrible, and I had 13 seconds to spare myself. And my experience as bear is limited to spamming trash in dungeons so yeah.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  17. #977
    You don't need that macro, it will automatically give you SD from the two-piece if overwritten by another bs.
    I've played balance for five years.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

  18. #978
    Any idea to escape the Pinning Arrows for the Spirit Kings ?

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuidivor View Post
    Any idea to escape the Pinning Arrows for the Spirit Kings ?
    Been ages since I've been in there, but wasn't it possible to be moving and avoid them completely? I vaguely recall some raid members doing this since there was a slight delay between the arrows raining down and the stun registering, may require Displacer Beast to accomplish if it's even possible.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  20. #980
    You're right ! I'll try this asap
    (I'm on beta and I've done Stone Guard, Feng, Gara Jal, Zor'lok, Ta'yak, Garalon and the protectors of the endless for now. There is no really challenge )

    PS : it works well ! Thx!
    Last edited by Nuidivor; 2014-07-13 at 01:02 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •