Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hagara you simply sit there and wait until her bubble is up for the lightning one. 5 minutes isn't so bad. If you get the frost one then just run around and kill them and then kill her.

Conclave I just went Anshal, Rohash, Nezir, Anshal. You need a bit of gear but you just kill them in that order. The hardest part is doing Nezir+Anshal before Rohash is back up.

Also I'm curious if anyone has look at CM solo's. I just saw Mione doing brewery and was curious if any bears had thought about solo'ing a CM.

Also fuck Spine. It just requires you to be so careful so you don't get stunned and don't accidentally roll.

Edit: to clarify you DPS Hagara until she casts her lightning shield thing and then you sit there until her cast ends (which is 5 minutes)
    Last edited by mynameisjona; 2014-07-28 at 03:12 AM.

Lantu: As previous poster mentioned, Hagara is easy, just need to afk 5 minutes while the lightning shield is up, anything else in that fight is trivial.

On Conclave I'm going as bear and I'm killing them in the nature > frost > air rotation. What does help to know is that you can't use some of your abilities because of the permanent silence from the air boss, so go HotW for stats buff instead of NV, you won't be able to use FF past the first pull untill you reach the air boss, and I'm not sure if you can use Incarnation there due to the silence, I just always went with SotF.
    You want to get the nature boss down as fast as you can so you can heal again, and then move quickly to frost to stop the aoe damage from killing you.

Myself I'm going with dps metagem helm + dps cloak + 2x dps trinkets since survivability isn't the issue (it only is if the dps is too low).

I just started my druid back up after almost 2years away from the game and I'm interested in soloing older content. The first page says the talents and what not are currently out of date. I'm not sure if I want to solo things as boomkin, bear or cat just yet as I don't have much information about how well any of them solo. So, I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind taking the time to answer

Can you go guardian spec with feral gear?
    Would it be easier to just go full feral, bear, or boomkin with the appropriate gear?
    Are any of these specs less viable at low gear lvls?
    How's the learning curve with each one since I'm just starting back up and having to relearn everything?
    Are the talents and gear recommendations listed on the first page still viable or would someone be able to point me in the right direction for reading on that subject?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer!

You can go guardian with feral gear quite easily. It won't be optimized but it will be more than workable.

For most fights guardian is the best although below a certain difficulty it simply won't matter as everything just does that little damage and has that little health. At lower ilvls though Guardian does shine more because of the built in survival. Once you have more gear you can bypass that as you'll do so much damage the boss won't have time to kill you but at lower ilvls that's not the case.

In terms of viability it's (in general) Guardian>feral~boomkin. Feral and boomkin are roughly equal but certain fights favor one over the other. Certain fights (like conclave of wind) only one spec is viable at all due to mechanics (in this case it's guardian).

For talents the OP is outdated for a few tiers. T1/3/4/5 are all fine. T2 the best option (to me anyways) is Ysera's which it does not have listed. T6 is different as they are all pretty equally usable although in general NV>HotW>DoC (for guardian at least; for other specs it changes a lot depending on the fight).

All in all I highly recommend checking it out. A nice place to start is Naxx 25. It's not too difficult and there are a few fights in there that actually really make you think about how you can work around certain mechanics. It also has a nice gear curve as in gear <510 ilvl a few fights (in 25 man at least) are rather challenging and actually require some good cool down usage (Patchwerk) and one other requires a lot of damage (Gluth). The benefit to this is that if you get stuck on Naxx 25 you can drop it down to 10 to finish that boss then bump it back up to 25.

Thanks for the reply! Think I'll be maining boomkin with the bear off spec and switch between the 2 as needed with the different encounters

Deleted
    What ilvl is recommended for Ji-Kun solo? I'm guessing 570 is a bit too low?

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    What ilvl is recommended for Ji-Kun solo? I'm guessing 570 is a bit too low?
    Probably doable around 575. Really though, it wouldn't hurt to try at 570

Finally went back to Brawler's Guild. One regular boss away from rank 10. So far the worst bosses have been Hexos (eventually just macored maul to everything make spinning easier. Still wish I had a thumb ball mouse for that fight) and Nibbleh (fucker gaining any stacks = you lose).

Edit: For those that don't remember, I'm doing everything as Guardian.

Edit 2: And there's Rank 10. Even with spawning 3 angels fast I only had a minute or so to kill Ahoo'ru. On my 3rd attempt I just abused my T16 4 set bonus and defensive CDs to soak 4-6 orbs each time so I had Vengeance.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-08-10 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugg...

With the 6.0 changes, MoP boss soloing will be impossible at 90. I was no longer able to solo Nalak, Ji-kun (yes I do spend much time each week for a shot at that mount), or even Stone Guards.

On the other hand, I slaughtered LK 25 H much quicker then before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soloing Ji Kun sounds fun, but would need help getting there first

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Soloing Ji Kun sounds fun, but would need help getting there first
    You can have a lockout you extend every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Ugg...

With the 6.0 changes, MoP boss soloing will be impossible at 90. I was no longer able to solo Nalak, Ji-kun (yes I do spend much time each week for a shot at that mount), or even Stone Guards.

On the other hand, I slaughtered LK 25 H much quicker then before.
    As what spec? I want to guess Guardian as I believe its damage has fallen.

Has anyone tried soloing Valithria Dreamwalker on higher difficulties than 10-man normal? With current gear, I think one would be able to keep the encounter going indefinitely. As adds eventually become massive in amount, I believe Vengeance + Nature's Vigil will quickly finish the fight.

It would be interesting to test before Vengeance is removed, but alas, I've already cleared 10-man normal this week and am saved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried soloing MoP raids/world bosses now in 6.0? I see DKs can still solo many of them, but what about druids? Do you think my 575 Guardian Druid could solo Elegon and the world bosses (except Sha since he still MCs you, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Has anyone tried soloing Valithria Dreamwalker on higher difficulties than 10-man normal?
    Now, in 6.0, you will do increased healing to her so even 25HC should be easy. Healed her up to full on my ~565 ret pala within two minutes. Nearly 2M Flash of Lights crits. Although I may have done it when our buff was even stronger on the first days of 6.0. I can check again on next reset since I'm farming shards.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

I haven't tried any MoP raids or world bosses myself yet, so I can't say for certain, but I think you should give Elegon a shot. He doesn't appear to be very hard. There should also be more bosses in MSV that should be soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Now, in 6.0, you will do increased healing to her so even 25HC should be easy. Healed her up to full on my ~565 ret pala within two minutes. Nearly 2M Flash of Lights crits. Although I may have done it when our buff was even stronger on the first days of 6.0. I can check again on next reset since I'm farming shards.
    I know. I was curious if it was possible before the patch. I ran ICC 10H a couple days ago, and I finished the Dreamwalker encounter before any mobs even spawned.

Nice job Braindwen.

Deleted
    Not my video but found this

Elegon Boomkin Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coR5mDbhV5k

I'm only 572ilvl, but going to do some heroic runs this week and might give this a go

I tried it yesterday as Feral for kicks on 25man heroic, and it was pretty easy albiet I ran out of mana quite a bit. I wanted to try it w/o using HotW to see how it went, and it's definitely doable by healing when nothing's out and using PS procs for heals. If I had to do it again, I'd go HotW for the healing boost and finish it quickly. To give a time comparison, doing 25man heroic Valithria as DoC spec Feral was just slightly longer than doing 10man HotW spec Feral pre-6.0. Although I think almost all legacy content on it's hardest difficulty is now faster than on its easiest content prior to 6.0.

Now if we can just take care of some of the non-squished mechanics... I've held my breath soloing 25man heroic Baleroc when Decimation Blade comes up, as right now you just have to get lucky.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I haven't tried any MoP raids or world bosses myself yet, so I can't say for certain, but I think you should give Elegon a shot. He doesn't appear to be very hard. There should also be more bosses in MSV that should be soloable.

I know. I was curious if it was possible before the patch. I ran ICC 10H a couple days ago, and I finished the Dreamwalker encounter before any mobs even spawned.
    I could solo heal the fight generally by the time of the first portal spawns. Full Wild Mushroom: Bloom heals a lot when she's the only one getting healed. That ability will be missed.

Anyone tried soloing MoP raids/world bosses now in 6.0? I see DKs can still solo many of them, but what about druids? Do you think my 575 Guardian Druid could solo Elegon and the world bosses (except Sha since he still MCs you, right?)
    Forgot to mention that I managed to solo Nalak after 6.0 on my Guardian last week, but it's a LOT rougher now. Haven't gone and trie MoP raids yet, as all my friends want runs through legacy content right now. As a slight aside, all 25man heroic Cataclysm raid content is pretty much easily soloable as Guardian minus a few with mechanics/squish issues (some of which can be circumvented).

*edit* - Figure I'd jump into 10man MSV for kicks, Stone Guard and Feng are pretty easy to clear as Guardian. Having issues with Gara'jal because the shadow bolts do not increase Resolve, so as the damage ramps up towards the end of the encounter your FR's are pretty pathetic. I'm hungry, so I'm not going to test a way to deal with that right now.

*edit #2* - Anyone else notice Nature's Vigil is not scaling properly with legacy raid damage? For me, actual healing is closer to 3-4% of my damage, although it seems to roughly line up with our baseline damage instead of scaled damage. I'd say most of the time it doesn't matter, but it's still nice on some encounters.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-10-24 at 04:09 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville