Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    *edit #2* - Anyone else notice Nature's Vigil is not scaling properly with legacy raid damage? For me, actual healing is closer to 3-4% of my damage, although it seems to roughly line up with our baseline damage instead of scaled damage. I'd say most of the time it doesn't matter, but it's still nice on some encounters.
    Definitely noticing it. As you said it isn't a huge issue, but it is annoying.

Deleted
    Is Ji'kun still possible to do at 90 as a Boomkin?

If you managed to solo Ji-Kun prior to the patch, then you most likely will be able solo her now as well. Unless there are some unsquished mechanics present in the fight, but as far as I know, there aren't.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm only 572ilvl, but going to do some heroic runs this week and might give this a go
    I signed up specifically to comment on this. I soloed 25man Algalon at 545 ilvl on my Boomkin this past week. You HAVE to take Displacer Beast. You have to Displacer away right before he places the 5th stack on you, then kite around the edge with Dash long enough for him to start casting Big Bang. Keep your distance while still in cat form and pop Roar as he's running back to you. If you do it properly, you'll drop the 4 stacks and then you just go back to nuking him. If he gets the 5th stack off...whatever, it just resets the fight and you have to wait for CDs to do it again.

or...at least I had to. I don't know how big the damage disparity is in terms of ilvl so you might be able to just straight nuke him down. I believe I got him to around 30% before I had to run.
    Last edited by Strevig; 2014-10-27 at 01:23 PM.

You don't HAVE to take Displacer Beast. I've never touched that talent, and I have been doing just fine. So will anyone else. Just start running away 2-3 seconds before the 5th application of Phase Punch, and he won't hit you. I did it last week with my ilevel 530 Guardian druid.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me that thinks NV not giving us the proper healing from old raids sucks? It's basically giving me healing as if I was doing damage without the secret buff we get inside old raids :>

I personally haven't used NV for legacy raid content after the patch, but I haven't seen any Blizzard employees mention it either, so I don't know whether it's intended or not (it probably is, as the healing would have been ridiculous otherwise).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but that's the thing, monks/rogues/warriors all have insane self healing to a point where: aslong as you can dps, you won't die unless its some instant kill mechanic (or a healing debuff) so why would it be bad for druids? I wouldn't mind as much, but druids self healing pales in comparison to come classes, when combined with our lack of decent defensive abilities (as a boomie atleast)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strevig View Post
    I signed up specifically to comment on this. I soloed 25man Algalon at 545 ilvl on my Boomkin this past week. You HAVE to take Displacer Beast. You have to Displacer away right before he places the 5th stack on you, then kite around the edge with Dash long enough for him to start casting Big Bang. Keep your distance while still in cat form and pop Roar as he's running back to you. If you do it properly, you'll drop the 4 stacks and then you just go back to nuking him. If he gets the 5th stack off...whatever, it just resets the fight and you have to wait for CDs to do it again.

or...at least I had to. I don't know how big the damage disparity is in terms of ilvl so you might be able to just straight nuke him down. I believe I got him to around 30% before I had to run.
    This video I linked was for soloing Elegon, not Algalon :P

Deleted
    2 years ago Braindwen wrote this on the topic of solo Ultraxion:

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Yes.

Rotate SI and NV for the time in between Hours, spam barkskin, and just fill with the 3 minute CDs however you feel like. The goal is to kill him before minute 5, though you could probably survive quite a while in that last minute if you needed to.

Fading light is just handled like normal and the Hours themselves tickle, so there're no mechanics worth mentioning other than the instability.
    I just don't get it. How do I survive the hour of twilight?

/edit: I just saw that there is a newer soloing thread. As I don't want to post in two threads, maybe someone is so nice to move my post

The thread's already bumped, so I might as well just answer here. Of course, any future posts should definitely stick to the new sticky.

How do I survive the hour of twilight?
    I'm assuming you're not doing 10N if the fight's actually long enough to see one. On any other difficulty, the answer is you don't; ultraxion explodes since you can't have enough soakers solo. Ultraxion on any other difficulty is a DPS race to beat the first hour. Just burn everything you have at the start and kill him as fast as possible.

On 25-man, if you don't kill Ultraxion before he casts Hour of Twilight, he will wipe the raid, because the mechanic demands that three people soak it. It should however be a non-issue killing him off before the first Hour of Twilight these days, even on 25-man heroic mode.

Edit: Didn't see the most recent page.