Ret pally: mastery vs crit

My understanding of ret paladin stat mechanics is that self buffed crit is more valuable than mastery but raid buffed mastery is more valuable that crit. Over on EJ they say that there is an inflection point at which crit once again becomes more valuable. Does anyone know where that inflection point is? Does it depend on gear? if it is only relative to the current gear I am wearing how do i find this inflection point for reforging?

thanks

When I saw it, they said something around 2500 mastery.

Deleted
    i believe at the point said above when your at 2500 mastery and if your 1500ish crit crit becomes beter but it's probably a little earlier than that if your stil using an AoK trinket to stack it faster also with the nerf to crit for hammer of wrath crit became more useful as crit rating no longer caps out on hammer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crit was never capped on HoW without fight mechanics specifically adding crit - we don't have 40% crit.

So long as we remain cooldown based with sets like the 4pct13 (18% damage during zeal) we're gonna want mastery no matter.

It's value it's a lot more than it makes it out to be when you acn link all your awesome abilities with a bloodlust.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    So long as we remain cooldown based with sets like the 4pct13 (18% damage during zeal) we're gonna want mastery no matter.

It's value it's a lot more than it makes it out to be when you acn link all your awesome abilities with a bloodlust.
    50K Iterations T13 Heroic BiS setup Engineering and Jewel Crafting

Now these are for Human, BiS w/ Engineering and JC, Please do not take this as set in stone different professions and races will also be different weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I don't get it, still shows mastery ahead by a hair.
    I'm pretty sure the crit value is inflated by Gurth anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I don't get it, still shows mastery ahead by a hair.
    I'm pretty sure the crit value is inflated by Gurth anyway.
    It is barely ahead but Mastery will be around 2600 in full BiS heroic T13 gear.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I miss having +30% crit unbuffed .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    I miss having +30% crit unbuffed .
    Shit I miss having 15% unbuffed lol our crit is trash since they stripped all our talents and never gave us anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    i believe at the point said above when your at 2500 mastery and if your 1500ish crit crit becomes beter but it's probably a little earlier than that if your stil using an AoK trinket to stack it faster also with the nerf to crit for hammer of wrath crit became more useful as crit rating no longer caps out on hammer.
    Not because it caps and it normally doesn't, but because crit's contribution to your dps remains static assuming the other stats remain constant. The dps gained from 1% additional crit remains the same, but as a percentage of total dps it decreases the more crit you have. For example, if 1% crit is a 100 dps increase, then going from 0% to 1%, or 99% to 100% is still a 100 dps increase. However, 100 dps in the second case is a smaller percentage of total dps, in fact it is about half of the increase in the first case. Mastery -if a little more complicated- works in a similar fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Shit I miss having 15% unbuffed lol our crit is trash since they stripped all our talents and never gave us anything back.

I miss it a little as well, but I am ok for hitting like a truck, and hitting like 2 trucks when I crit! Templars verdict + Mastery damage getting over 100k makes me a happy paladin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gwarsh41 View Post
    I miss it a little as well, but I am ok for hitting like a truck, and hitting like 2 trucks when I crit! Templars verdict + Mastery damage getting over 100k makes me a happy paladin.
    My Enhance Shaman in much weaker gear gets to see much bigger hits, I don't feel Ret hits that hard at all in fact I think it's pretty weak on top of rarely critting but w/e I'm done with worrying about it.