Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any chance of a console release?

Any news on it? I looked but couldent really find anything- Would be awesome if theirs a ps3 release and it has RP support for the vita- GW2 on the go lol.

Going out on a limb and saying: None whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see it would work though...

You would need a keyboard and mouse to communicate, and would a Ps3 even handle an mmo?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the recent Q&A ANet said they don't have any answer for that yet, but they might look into in the future. It's a possibility, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    In the recent Q&A ANet said they don't have any answer for that yet, but they might look into in the future. It's a possibility, IMO.
    That would be so many buttons, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I don't see it would work though...

You would need a keyboard and mouse to communicate, and would a Ps3 even handle an mmo?
    You can attach a USB mouse and keyboard through a USB port, and there's some kind of attachment you can click on your controller that acts like a keyboard.
    And a PS3 is pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    That would be so many buttons, though...
    Well, it would be possible with some creative button mapping, since you only have 10 skills at a time. But it wouldn't play very well, I'd figure. A console MMO would have to be designed from the ground up to work with console-controls.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Personally, I hope GW2 never touches consol market

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something that wouldn't work well :/

10+ Year Old Account
    They had a team they looked into a console port, but for the moment there are no plans for anything other than PC.

Deleted
    MMO's are for PCs. I hope that it doesn't come out on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    MMO's are for PCs. I hope that it doesn't come out on consoles.
    MMO's are for PCs until someone makes a successful console MMO.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I can see this game working on XBOX / Ps3 with the way their actionbars work. Would have been amazing.

Deleted
    PS3 got DC Universe Online, that's an MMO.

Deleted
    I really do hope they will not port it over consoles. Console controlers are far behind what keyboard and mouse can provide for MMOs or FPS games. If I would have a person on PS3 in my explorer mode dungeon group I would consider my party to be at huge disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see it only as playable for people who have the mouse and keyboard set-up that Sony sells for their PS3, and the small keypad that MS sells for the XB360. Otherwise, they'de have to do something really creative with the Mo-Cap tools that Sony and MS both recently put out for their consoles.

Honestly though, if the WiiU ever gets released in our lifetime, then a full MMO would be way more easily mapped on that big ass tablet controller that comes with the console. Touchscreen would be an MMO players best friend. Plus you have all the manual controls too!
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2011-12-17 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Also.. remember about PVP, console players would get slaughtered by PC players because of the controller's disadvantage.

And please.. don't bring up DC universe.. we might as well talk about facebook games >_>.....

Don't hold breath for a console version however you can't say mmos are just for pc anymore. I've played champions online, dc universe, and age of Conan all with my xbox Controller and with a game like gw with 10 skills you can easily map that to a gamepad.... So in conclusion don't expect a console release but you can probably attach a gamepad for a more console like experience

Final Fantasy XI was released (and still running) on both PS2 and 360. So don't rule it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I really do hope they will not port it over consoles. Console controlers are far behind what keyboard and mouse can provide for MMOs or FPS games. If I would have a person on PS3 in my explorer mode dungeon group I would consider my party to be at huge disadvantage.
    That's what people say about clickers yet i always manage to sneak my way in and everyone assumes i keybind everything....

OT: I could totally see how it would work COMBAT wise, communication i have no idea, interface would be simple, you just have it linked through start and select... I can see it happening pretty easily, it's just more how will they do the communication, and will it be worth the cost? If it -does- come out for PS3 and Xbox, i personally would like to see it where you could use your same account for both PC and Console though so should i decide i like console controls more i could just use that...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Basically...no. The way the game is set up right now wouldn't really transfer over well to a gamepad. They would have to be developing with consoles in mind (DCUO for example) if it were going over there. That and I think DCUO showed that while modern console MMO's can do alright, that it takes away from the PC experience of the game.