Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't see it working in any way.
    Maybe if they reduce the amount of skills, but still barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Final Fantasy XI was released (and still running) on both PS2 and 360. So don't rule it out.
    FFXI was also clearly designed with consoles in mind. Quite frankly the UI sucked when you looked at it from A PC gamer perspective but it worked well if you used a gamepad. Its kinda like skyrim in that regard, they didnt even give the UI a lick and a promise update when they ported it to PC. Its far easier to port a game from consuls to PC as while the UI and controls may annoy PC users if not updated they will still work. Going from a PC game expecting mouse controls and dozens of hot-keys at your fingertips to a controller with analog joysticks and a few buttons requires much more UI work and possibly mechanics changes to account for lessened control options on the part of the user.

Who is John Galt?

They wouldn't need to reduce the amount of skills , 10 skills = 4 skills mapped to face buttons, 4 skills mapped to face buttons while left trigger is held, and 2 skills mapped to face while right trigger is held. That still leaves select, start, 2 analogue sticks for movement and camera, one d-pad for possible menu scrolling and right and left bumper for possibly changing specs, targeting, or for w/e else assuming we're talking about a 360 port. Yes communication would cause issues but Xbox allows for a keyboard as well. It almost certainly won't happen but I don't understand the "impossible" comments. I'm really hoping GW is gamepad compatible so i can switch between it and my keyboard.

Who knows though, maybe all of this delay is them refining a console version haha!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While personally I miss the feel of a controller in my hand (grew up on the SNES in the late 80's and 90's), I've found that a keyboard and mouse are, for me, far superior and allow for greater customization and "funner" mechanics.

But, I understand that some people still prefer a controller over a KB and mouse. However, as mentioned above, GW2 looks like it'll have to many buttons for a standard controller to make it anywhere near functional; let alone fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    While personally I miss the feel of a controller in my hand (grew up on the SNES in the late 80's and 90's), I've found that a keyboard and mouse are, for me, far superior and allow for greater customization and "funner" mechanics.
    Well, not to get into this particular debate, but both ways of controlling have both their advantages and disadvantages, in relation to each particular genre.

But if I were to make a console MMO I'd use a more hack & slash fight mechanic. Or space combat, god, I love space combat.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

But, I understand that some people still prefer a controller over a KB and mouse. However, as mentioned above, GW2 looks like it'll have to many buttons for a standard controller to make it anywhere near functional; let alone fun.
    I remember geting my first Nintendo with the hotest new title, super mario brothers, when I was 6. I too grew up with a controler in my hand but for a majority of games these days I prefer mouse and keyboard controls. I remember useing gamepads and joysticks to control FPS type games on both PC and consouls for years before a friend introduced me to counterstrike and WSAD movement controls. The amount of precision that simple change added was amazing and I've never looked back. Controlers are still superior for some games where you want fine gradient control over movement speed, but trying to aim accurately with a joystick outside of flight sims is just far to slow and imprecise unless the game cheats for you and supplies a bit of auto aim.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Probably won´t happen.

ANet said they have a very small team looking into the possibility of a console version, however their full focus is on the PC version. Even if they do decide on making a console version it wouldn't be out until the new consoles are out so you're looking at 2013 at the earliest, then beyond that with console QA cert patches will be rolled out very far behind the PC counterpart.