Thread: Rogues

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Oh so rogues can finally do some damage so let's nerf them! You should learn to peel them better.
    Did you even play any rated PVP at all last season? Rogues were already the BEST Melee class the entire season...and now they get a 15% MS buff which is auto-applied and there welfare hand-wrapped 397 weapons from Blizzard. If it weren't for a DKs Necrotic Strike the only melee class that would be taken to any rated environment would be a Rogue at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Did you even play any rated PVP at all last season? Rogues were already the BEST Melee class the entire season
    Ferals say hello. Still, does look like rogue will reign supreme this season.

happens every season, there is 1 FOTM. Waited for my turn since TBC ShS , so buzz off.
    Dk/Pala season 1 in Wrath was even more retarded than Rogue/Mage or RLS is today. You had to be a total retard not to get Flawless Victor as a DK. Oh and not to mention mages doing 60-80k burst on 3.5k resillience players.....sup with that?
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

I find it amusing how warlocks continue being grossly overpowered for who knows how long and nobody even mentions them, while two weeks of rogues being over the top and we have everyone squeeling.

Deleted
    Rogues are not over the top for 2 weeks, but since almost forever. Also, locks are not as much a problem in a 1v1 situation. Say what you want about 1v1 and it's balance or the lack thereof but this colours people's perspective on the classes. And unlike rogues warlocks don't have it all. By which I mean that rogues have high damage, more cc than every other class and a lot of defences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    They don't finally do some damage. Their burst is now similar to or even better than those of other classes with a high burst. But rogues also have superior CC capabilities and defences on top of that. Rugoes atm are just superior to every other melee out there.
    Mages have been like that for the entire expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Mages have been like that for the entire expansion?
    Good thing I never claimed mages were a-ok. Mages I dislike too but not too the extent that I loathe the rogue design, not to mention that horrible abomination of an ability that is called smokebomb, which basicely puts rogues ahead of other classes even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Rogues are not over the top for 2 weeks, but since almost forever. Also, locks are not as much a problem in a 1v1 situation. Say what you want about 1v1 and it's balance or the lack thereof but this colours people's perspective on the classes. And unlike rogues warlocks don't have it all. By which I mean that rogues have high damage, more cc than every other class and a lot of defences.
    You do realise you can't really complain about something that isn't meant to be balanced or isn't subject to balance? It's like complaining that your local basketball rings are too high for you because you're too short.

In 3v3 (aka - where it matters), warlocks deliver far more damage than rogues and have very competitive cc. It's the warlock who's doing the immense pressure, while the rogue's main job is maintaning ms on all 3 targets (rogues damage, to be honest, doesn't really matter at all). The damage warlocks deliver is beyond stupid and totally out of this world.
    Last edited by Dewinter; 2011-12-19 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Oh so rogues can finally do some damage so let's nerf them! You should learn to peel them better.
    rogues are pretty hard to peel with their poisons, but with roots and ccs its easy (if u prevent him from stealthing right after) so I agree with that. but they do ridiculous damage, even outside a shadowdance and are great survivors on top of that. Even if it requires skill and concentration to play them their damage and maybe cc deserves a nerf. nerfing the 2 things that dont really need nerfing in MoP is just fucking stupid, just like not understanding blood dk migitation is just bad but their healing insane.

but tbh, I dont want to be nerfed at all.

The MS change was a little over the top, not all healers were OP but Blizz nerfed them all vs Rogue/Hunter/Warrior anyway. They left the majority of the classes alone throughout Cata, MLS was the comp to run for the entire expansion and they did relatively little to balance it. So unfortunately it doesn't seem like they're going to do much this season either. If they're going to re emphasize pvp in MOP they better actually make an attempt to balance because their support and balance attempts for PVP in Cata has been incredibly awful.

It's honestly the welfare daggers. I know Rogues who never broke 1800+ rating in season 9 and 10 , but got 2200+ the first week of season 11. It has to be the daggers. It gives Rogues more DPS than other DPS classes, while allowing the Rogue to retain their high survivability and control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    You do realise you can't really complain about something that isn't meant to be balanced or isn't subject to balance? It's like complaining that your local basketball rings are too high for you because you're too short.

In 3v3 (aka - where it matters), warlocks deliver far more damage than rogues and have very competitive cc. It's the warlock who's doing the immense pressure, while the rogue's main job is maintaning ms on all 3 targets (rogues damage, to be honest, doesn't really matter at all). The damage warlocks deliver is beyond stupid and totally out of this world.
    This. Very much this. I play both lock and rogue at a competitive level but the moans go almost exclusively to my rogue which is kind of misplaced in comparison to the mage in my RMP who dish out more and CC more and in my RLS as lock I keep damn good pressure on 2 targets whilst our rogue does a fraction of it. Ok he might do better but point is, locks do crazy damage.Sub rogues are not special or better compared to other specs up in top. And well, if the discussion is that some classes, ie, rogues, mages, locks do better than boomkins, SP, enhancements etc it's a valid complaint. but not the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    I find it amusing how warlocks continue being grossly overpowered for who knows how long and nobody even mentions them, while two weeks of rogues being over the top and we have everyone squeeling.
    People usually QQ about big numbers or 1v1/2v2.

Currently Rogues are dominating duels, 2's and BGs - due to their burst, control and general annoyance. Warlock's are turd 1v1, poor 2v2 and awful in BGs. It's only 3s that Warlocks are amazing, and even then there are never any 'big' numbers so people have nothing to complain about.

OT: Rogues are stupid..... brb levelling mine up before nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post

Currently Rogues are dominating duels, 2's and BGs - due to their burst, control and general annoyance. Warlock's are turd 1v1, poor 2v2 and awful in BGs. It's only 3s that Warlocks are amazing, and even then there are never any 'big' numbers so people have nothing to complain about.

Duels are for fun mainly, 2s is broken as it is always has been, BGs are to gear up before rated content for most capable pvp players.

People who care about a bit of pvp do it mainly in RBGs or 3s. So to say that warlocks are insane in those brackets actually mean that they ARE insane. And yeah, fun to see people complain about 2x ambush with expose weakness up, all trinkets, procs etc in 50% pve gear(so easy to kill) in random arathi basin but not my lock who sip 5-10% hp of an opponent every 2 secs and I do it on 2 players and fear a third. And it is in full pvp gear so no fancy smancy pve gear on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a rogue who has played his rogue since vanilla WoW.. We're a bit broken but keep in mind with 2 piece T13 + Fear/Vengeance .. I can do about 7 Ambush's per dance.. and that's about 200k damage on an undergeared target. OP? Yes. But at the same time a Warrior/DK team that swaps right can kill me in under 6 seconds through heals. Rogues who put out 'retarded amounts of damage' are risking their survivability.

TL;DR ... Wait until more people have good weapons before we cry about rogues in specific .. I still want to smash my face off my keyboard due to Feral/Hunter/X and Mage/Lock/Shaman ... x_x

Yeah Rogue is definetly the FoTM

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post

Yeah indeed warlocks reign supreme "only" in 3v3, just the bracket that matters the most. And they've been doing so for 10 seasons only.

P.S. Sham/lock is far from poor 2v2 if both players are good, if you're looking at win-loss stats 100-5 you can almost be sure it's shaman/lock. And locks were always top dogs in 5v5 too, outside of melee cleave composition.

OP, you're comparing the strongest current melee to the weakest one (outside of enhance cause apparently no one cares about them). Obviously you'll see a huge schism between the two. Warriors, though not broken, lack in most if not all of the areas of current PvP demands due to constant nerfing since 4.0.6. Rogues on the other hand have seen buffs/changes/fixes to see them brought up in population (which, for some reason wasn't done to nearly as much of an extent for hunters).

That said, rogues really are superior in every way. They were perfectly fine throughout this entire expansion. Their synergy has been and always will be unmatched with heavy CC comps. They for some reason got damage buffs to allow them to be "competitive" in PvE (because apparently being within 5% of your other specs is no longer competitive, the spec YOU want to play has to be number 1).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Honestly its great to hear others finally crying about how strong we rogues are. But in all honestly, are we? Just because we have a new trinket and some PvE gear that ups our damage output to finally burn someone down, we are still not the top PvP class. DK, Feral Druids, Hunters, Frost mages, unkillable holy paladins, and D priests are still very well played characters. The CC abilities from a mage can easily keep a rogue locked in Ice for an entire 3v3 and 5v5 arena battle. remember they have but one ability to remove stun.

But as blizzard has said before, PvP is impossible to balance. All Rogues haven't really been this popular since Season 3. Plus remember Legendary made Warriors and DKs top. What about FL staff legendary still Best in slot...

Plus when new expansion comes out, rogues are losing utility. Well from early announcements they are.

Deleted
    why isnt anybody whining about warlocks?