Ret rotation question

I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or if it happens to everyone. When I do my rotation 2-3 times I come to a spot where all my abilities are on cd and i have to wait 3-4 sec before I can do something and it effects my dps greatly. I might not be doing the rotation correctly or that's the way it just is. (My boss rotation is pop kings and avengers wrath and any trinks, than i start with crusader strike, judgment, holy wrath, crusader strike, consecration, and than i go of priority what procs and whats of cd. also I use zel once aw is almost over.) Any help is appreciated and if my rotation is wrong pls help me correct it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want top pop GoAK right off the bad, then wait 10 secs, then use Avenging Wrath and Zealotry simultaneously. There isn't much you can do about the dead times. Once you get 2 pc T13 you will have less downtime, but it will still exist unfortunately.

There will occasionally be times when you have nothing to press in between Crusader Strikes. Nothing you can do about that.

Are you keeping up Inquisition? You didn't mention either finisher in your post.

Also, you should use Avenging Wrath and Zealotry at the same time. Typically, Guardian of Ancient Kings about 10 sec before AW/Zealotry too, so that they end at the same time. Ret's all about popping all cooldowns at once; if Zealotry increases your DPS, and Avenging Wrath multiplies your DPS by 1.2, AW boosts DPS the most while Zealotry is active.

Likewise with GoAK. Since it lasts 30 sec, and it's a slowly ramping Str buff, the effect is greater during the last 20 sec than the first 20 sec, which is why you should wait about 10 sec to pop the other two.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2011-12-17 at 04:16 PM.

Blind spots in your 'rotation' (priority rather) are inevitable, use the less popular globals we have then, or think ahead if there's somewhere you can move or something you can do to have a higher uptime, or just enjoy the free second without pushing things and call it quality of life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anklebite View Post
    I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or if it happens to everyone. When I do my rotation 2-3 times I come to a spot where all my abilities are on cd and i have to wait 3-4 sec before I can do something and it effects my dps greatly. I might not be doing the rotation correctly or that's the way it just is. (My boss rotation is pop kings and avengers wrath and any trinks, than i start with crusader strike, judgment, holy wrath, crusader strike, consecration, and than i go of priority what procs and whats of cd. also I use zel once aw is almost over.) Any help is appreciated and if my rotation is wrong pls help me correct it.
    There is no correction for bad design and rng, There indeed will be spots where your rotation will be 100% dead for a few seconds and you just have to wait for something useful to pop up. I try to use these dead spots for Divine Plea or throwing a bomb or some other random shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I do keep inquisition up thank you for the advise I just kept thinking I was doing something wrong.
    Last edited by anklebite; 2011-12-17 at 10:18 PM.

Consec? Who uses that as a part of their rotation any more? It's a mana hog and you have a few other abilities higher in priority that you won't even be using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Consec? Who uses that as a part of their rotation any more? It's a mana hog and you have a few other abilities higher in priority that you won't even be using it.
    For the harsh moments when everything is on cd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    aoe it's worth to use

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    For the harsh moments when everything is on cd
    I concur with this. It happens occasionally and it's better to push it than push nothing and you have time to do so.

You are not doing anything wrong it happens, beside ret, i play dk too, have those moment sometimes too, waiting few sec not doing anything, i guess more then few classes have those situations

If everything is on cd, use consecration/plea/hardcast exo if you have really 3-4 sec interval. Some damage is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    If everything is on cd, use consecration/plea/hardcast exo if you have really 3-4 sec interval. Some damage is better than none.
    hardcasting exo in melee range is always a dps loss.

I'm pretty sure that Blizz has said they don't want us to be GCD locked like we were in much of Wrath. They don't like the idea of that playstyle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Blizz has said they don't want us to be GCD locked like we were in much of Wrath. They don't like the idea of that playstyle.
    Right it's ok for every other class to be GCD locked but not Ret Paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    A melee swing is worth more dps than a hard casted Exorcism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    A melee swing is worth more dps than a hard casted Exorcism.
    and also that melee swing can proc exo aswell.

t13 2-piece set bonus does indeed make it a lot better. It feels like it should have always been like that.