Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Did it with the guild in Wrath on my main and then again on an alt in Cataclysm. Made a little video of it too:

If you follow the link to youtube you'll be able to find a link to a little guide on how to maximize your potential for achieving this.

My personal opinion is that it was much harder in Wrath. We had 219-226 average ilvl with 4-sets back then and we struggled for a few weeks before Algalon finally went down. In Cataclysm though, it was just a matter of getting everyone to grab gear they could use (even a few blue's here and there) and then we one-shot it...

EDIT: It should also be added that the hardest part of this achievement, by far, is getting enough interested people and actually keeping them interested for the gearing up part which will take at least a month or two.

Cheers,
    Gav

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavendo View Post
    Did it with the guild in Wrath on my main and then again on an alt in Cataclysm. Made a little video of it too:

If you follow the link to youtube you'll be able to find a link to a little guide on how to maximize your potential for achieving this.

My personal opinion is that it was much harder in Wrath. We had 219-226 average ilvl with 4-sets back then and we struggled for a few weeks before Algalon finally went down. In Cataclysm though, it was just a matter of getting everyone to grab gear they could use (even a few blue's here and there) and then we one-shot it...

EDIT: It should also be added that the hardest part of this achievement, by far, is getting enough interested people and actually keeping them interested for the gearing up part which will take at least a month or two.

Cheers,
    Gav
    Wow those mana pools. I remember having like 28k max mana midway thru Ulduar on my int stacking holy pally. Did they change base mana?

I had had a set for about 3 tiers. Finally got groups ready to do it durring ICC and killed it 4 times pre 4.0 and a 5th after. Netting most of my guild the title as well as a joint run i formed with a rival guild. Only time iv ever gone BM and ever will. Was a intense fight pre 4.0 and required perfect pull.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did it late woltk thank god, I give you my congrats OP.

I did this back during ToC days when there was still a time limit...I don't remember it being very hard and it only took my group a week to get the gear together. A lot of us had to use 1-2 greens though, lol.

I wear it sometimes and remember people thinking it was some super awesome title when I apped to guilds but honestly, some guilds got this achievement on their first kills so it's not really a big deal at all, especially now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Wow those mana pools. I remember having like 28k max mana midway thru Ulduar on my int stacking holy pally. Did they change base mana?
    I imagine base mana was affected with 4.0, but I'm not sure. We did however have lots more intellect than anyone would have during Ulduar times, since we used cataclysm food and flasks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got mine week before Cataclysm release on main, I actually think it was two days before release. Also Blue Drake from Oculus day before release

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That title is as prestigious as Kingslayer after all the players zerged it with the stat buffs prior to the Shattering.
    Someone's jelly ...
    Grats on the title, though! Was well keen to get it during Cata but the commitment for some people to get the required gear was a nightmare and in the end it just took too long for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Did it when Ulduar was the current tier of raiding.
    That's the only time when I actually got really impressed by people that had it. The rest is meeeeh.

Deleted
    I actually healed it when Ulduar was current content.

Anyway with today's health bosst and Cata talents and Vengence and all that it can't be very hard.

edit: just noticed those mana pools on that video... omg :< that's a joke
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-12-18 at 06:59 PM.

Is this even still possible? Thought they took the achievement out and made it a feat of strength. But I remember the guild I was in was going for the 10 man version of this, of which I was in. Worked on it for a month, got into a huge argument with the dick guild leader, got kicked, and of course they killed it the next week -_- what a waste of time.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtobknets View Post
    Is this even still possible? Thought they took the achievement out and made it a feat of strength. But I remember the guild I was in was going for the 10 man version of this, of which I was in. Worked on it for a month, got into a huge argument with the dick guild leader, got kicked, and of course they killed it the next week -_- what a waste of time.
    As long as you are level 80 with the required gear, It's still possible.

did this 2 years ago bro... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a3316

ez.

step your achievement game up.. 2 years late. rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    That's the only time when I actually got really impressed by people that had it. The rest is meeeeh.
    Dosnt mater when you got it. The achivement required you to have a spesific item level as long as you got it sometime in wrath it was still impressive.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Alright, the title was to brag a bit.
    But to the question(s). Have you done it? When did you do it? And did you find it hard?

We finally did it last night. Had a couple of weeks to gear up as much as we could. We killed him at the 15th try or so with alot of "learning-the-fight"-wipes. We had 2 or so dps that was undergeared, so the healers had to work a bit.

Discuss!

(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ementis/simple armory if you're interested).

Don't want to neglect your "achievment" but after 4.0 it is a joke. I have done it before and after.Before 4.0 you would almost hit enrage and the hp pools etc were much smaller after that when i done it had about about 1 min and a half till enrage and the healing was a walk over..

Just did it on my lock this week . Was fun to do. Point wasn't really the challenge since with cata talents its pretty easy but still happy about it, with some luck titles will be BoA during cata at some point.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arius/advanced

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    did this 2 years ago bro... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a3316

ez.

step your achievement game up.. 2 years late. rofl.
    Nice Rival achievement bro, time to step your pvp up, 2k rofl.

See how this works? Some people didn't care about PvE back then, and vice versa, your post has absolutly no point.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2011-12-19 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexryn View Post
    It was a lot harder before you could also use some of the then-"new" 5-man dungeon gear, and with the talents/talent trees as they existed at that time.
    Pretty sure that if you're doing it on 10 man, none of your equipped items can exceed the level of 226.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexryn View Post
    It was a lot harder before you could also use some of the then-"new" 5-man dungeon gear, and with the talents/talent trees as they existed at that time.

Still a pretty sweet achievement and well done, but it was a bit harder at the time than it is now.
    5man dungeon gear is realllllly poorly itemised, i won't argue it was hard to do now, but gear has nothing to do with it, most of your BiS pieces for this achieves comes from 10man ulduar heroics and a couple in 25man, including tier pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it twice. Once on my main (back in wotlk, spent months farming 10man ulduar for it, was so excited when we got it (wiped for 2 weeks on him due to healer issues), shortly before getting the togc10 equivalent aswell), and once recently, around 2 months ago on my level 80 twink. That time, it took me a whole 2 days of spamming 5man heroics for justice points to gear. We 2shot it, with my OT dying at around 30%. I loved the title, but the issue now is that it isn't anywhere near as prestigious. I basically stopped wearing it on my main when I started to get the heroic raiding titles of cataclysm. Coolest title ingame, pity it's tied to one of the easier "hardmode" bosses available.

We did http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4080 back in the days and i find that harder than herald of the titans if i remember correctly. /flex !