Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My system is pretty much the minimum required... and it works. Not great, but it works.

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz
    Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT 256MB
    4GB RAM
    Vista 64-bit

I get 15-25 fps ingame. Highly populated areas is less.
    It can't be the system, my system is crappy and it works. Everything is on low of course and I've turned off shadows completely.

WOW works better though, I raid pretty highend and currently I only have some trouble on Ultraxion...playable but not min-maxing playable. Going to have to buy a new PC pretty soon... never change a running system is nearing its end for mine.

I've made the last changes in 2008 and the graphics have been in there for even longer...maybe 2006, that was the one major thing I didn't change on the last overhaul in 2008. Can anyone recommend something good... something that's gonna last and actually work for a comparable amount of time.
    Last edited by mmoc9a5a6d9750; 2011-12-18 at 07:19 AM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Dont listen to the previous person.. its not ur graphics card which are causing this.. its ur CPU.. go back to reseller and throw it in his face.. they shouldnt even be allowed to sell that to anyone because "Bulldozer" is the biggest fiasko in the computer world ever.. and the one you have is the cheapest one go get a amd x6 1090t for 180-200 dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    x6 for mmo's its cpu intensive..
    Actually don't listen to anything this guy says. Its not your cpu, and this game (like most mmos) doesn't utilize 6 cores. Yea bulldozers are not great but they are not the plague and there are plenty worse processors out there running tor just fine. Most likely drivers if youre getting such low fps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

Bulldozer isn't as good as AMD said it was going to be! The sky is falling!!!

Seriously guys, the system he described should be able to run WoW just fine. My three year old CPU handles our 25m raids (including Ultraxion while logging in Skada) without any issues. While the hardware isn't top notch, or bought under the best advice, it's still sufficient for WoW. There is no reason the OP should be getting the performance issues described.

To the OP - make sure that your drivers are up to date (double check this), and that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within acceptable limits (60C for CPU, 90C for GPU). If you need software to keep an eye on the temperatures, download and install HWMonitor. Run that in the background as you load up WoW. After you're done, look at the maximum temperatures recorded. If the CPU is getting too hot, it might be throttling itself (which would cause FPS issues).

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    with $300 as the limit, I would go with the 6950. i'm a little hazy, but i think that's the card that can be flashed to a 6970, unless they changed it.
    Some can, some can't(mine can't).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    That fx 4100 benches higher than my phenom x4 955, in most/all tests I've seen.

I have a 6870 and get 70+ FPS with everything maxed and x4 AA on in catalyst.

Pretty sure dumping that $79 video card will fix the problem. I haven't seen anything online that says that bulldozer is 'garbage'. Sure, it's no i7 and barely on par with i5, but you guys make it sound like it's down with core2duo or something.
    well.. benchmarks lies.. swtor is simply not well optimized with the bulldozer archtechture and makes it utter shit and even a old p4 from 2003 would perform better probably

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zxian View Post
    Bulldozer isn't as good as AMD said it was going to be! The sky is falling!!!

Seriously guys, the system he described should be able to run WoW just fine. My three year old CPU handles our 25m raids (including Ultraxion while logging in Skada) without any issues. While the hardware isn't top notch, or bought under the best advice, it's still sufficient for WoW. There is no reason the OP should be getting the performance issues described.

To the OP - make sure that your drivers are up to date (double check this), and that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within acceptable limits (60C for CPU, 90C for GPU). If you need software to keep an eye on the temperatures, download and install HWMonitor. Run that in the background as you load up WoW. After you're done, look at the maximum temperatures recorded. If the CPU is getting too hot, it might be throttling itself (which would cause FPS issues).
    its swtor...

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Actually don't listen to anything this guy says. Its not your cpu, and this game (like most mmos) doesn't utilize 6 cores. Yea bulldozers are not great but they are not the plague and there are plenty worse processors out there running tor just fine. Most likely drivers if youre getting such low fps.
    the processor is fine but no developers is optimizing for it.. since there's barely none buying them and its a pain developing things that will work fine on a bulldozer.. i bet its running on 1 core or something in swtor :P

Finally sat down in front of the machine and the monitor was plugged into the motherboard vga slot and not the video card. Plugged it into the video card and everything was fine. I got a good chuckle out it when I noticed the problem.