Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar View Post
    -snip-
    A lot of your points are valid. Your usage of phrasing is not, it's really hard to read, which is a shame
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-02-06 at 02:40 PM.

Shaman stat priorities are highly relative to your own personal raid environment. What works for others, may not necessarily work for you. The best advice anyone can give you is to work out what suits your play style. Just make sure you're maintaining high uptimes on the basic, i.e. things such as riptide, water shield, earth shield and your totems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    .... Now take my resto shaman full mastery: riptide on cd obviously which gives my greater healing waves a 1.6 sec cast time. This is one of the reasons I haven't considered going haste. 1.6 is quick enough to save people's asses. ...
    The problem with this.. that once you are in a heavy healing fase.. is that if you execute this perfectly.. 2 GHW's take you 3.2 seconds.
    You cannot pop another riptide for the TW effect for another 2.8 seconds.. at that last time your GWH will take 2.4 seconds.

Even then, after riptide becomes available, you can pop that immediately, your still stuck with one GCD before you can cast another GHW.
    rou
    So for every 2 fast GHW.. you have 2 slow ones. If your not stacked with haste.

At this moment im struggling with HM's.. our (new) guild is strugling with Yor'Saij. We lack some cooldowns for the nasty blob combinations. And we have people dying. Exept for the initial blue blobs.. there is not really a mana issue (as im using both HoU from LFR and DMC:T). After reading I went with low haste, high mastery, high spirit.

However im thinking to go back to a high haste build.. just to avoid people dying by being able to heal faster.. Damage comes in such big chunks and so irregular.

Its frustrating that these HC's feel so hard (read brick wall-ish) while .. normals are a total faceroll for our group.

Anyway.. I hope a higher haste build will help to get us further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koekoe View Post
    The problem with this.. that once you are in a heavy healing fase.. is that if you execute this perfectly.. 2 GHW's take you 3.2 seconds.
    You cannot pop another riptide for the TW effect for another 2.8 seconds.. at that last time your GWH will take 2.4 seconds.

Even then, after riptide becomes available, you can pop that immediately, your still stuck with one GCD before you can cast another GHW.
    rou

At this moment im struggling with HM's.. our (new) guild is strugling with Yor'Saij. We lack some cooldowns for the nasty blob combinations. And we have people dying. Exept for the initial blue blobs.. there is not really a mana issue (as im using both HoU from LFR and DMC:T). After reading I went with low haste, high mastery, high spirit.

However im thinking to go back to a high haste build.. just to avoid people dying by being able to heal faster.. Damage comes in such big chunks and so irregular.

Its frustrating that these HC's feel so hard (read brick wall-ish) while .. normals are a total faceroll for our group.

I don't understand why you the damage is sudden and/or irregular.
    After having gone through the encounter multiple times, you should be able to know when most of the damage come, especially on a boss like Yor'Saij where you know which damage is coming and when it comes

What are your other healers?

If you're stacked with haste, you get 2 fast-but-weak GHWs and 2-3 slow-and-weak GHWs. Haste makes Tidal Waves fall off faster, and buys you additional slow GHWs at the cost of making all of your heals weaker (as you're giving up crit/mastery) and burning through more of your mana (forcing you to get more spirit, weakening your heals further). It's not a very good deal.

Then you're probably doing something wrong. Damage during purple phases should never come in chunks bigger than ~50k per person, and then you should have a bit of breathing room before the next "wave" of AoE hits. Red isn't too bad if people stack properly (lots of time between hits), green isn't too bad if people spread properly (again, lots of breathing room), black damage comes in the form of lots of little hits, and yellow should only be up during the black+green+red+yellow phase, and then you should have all cooldowns up to heal through it.

If you think Yor'sahj is hard, you should see some of the later ones

To be honest, stacking haste is probably the worst thing you can do if you're struggling on Yor'sahj hc. As a healer, the fight really consists of three kinds of phases: the faceroll phase (black+blue+green+red), the death phase (black+red+green+yellow), and four purple phases. The faceroll phase is mainly boring, and should pose no challenge. The death phase can happen at most twice during the fight (and then the second time will be right at the end), so you can pop Bloodlust and all cooldowns to push through it. The purple phases will probably be your main headache, as that's most of the fight. For those you want to cast "one big chunk" heals, as your main limitation is debuff stacks rather than HPS. You want to maximize healing per spell rather than healing per second, in which case mastery and crit are the way to go. Haste just means you'll stack up the debuffs faster.

(For the record, the possible combinations are black+blue+green+purple, black+blue+green+red, black+blue+purple+yellow, black+green+red+yellow, black+purple+red+yellow, and blue+green+purple+yellow. Recommended kill targets highlighted.)
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

After reading I went with low haste, high mastery, high spirit.
    You haven't read this on these pages here. Including your trinkets, you shouldn't be much higher than 3k spirit. But, in the end, you should drop your tsunami for a heart. This tsunami has served you a long time - give it a rest

But, for Yor'sahj heroic and some other hardmodes... I can't possibly express how AWESOME MWC is for restoshaman. There isn't any awesomeness ingame which is easier (read: highly reliable) to get. Especially if you've trouble with the acquisition of DS-trinkets.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback. I still do have the MWC trinket.. so i could give that a go. I also have the healing trinket from zonozz and some 'normal' FL trinkets, but the haste proc is not very usefull .. as it cannot be timed. (and I tried becomming a mana battery in the first blue blob by using both spirit trinkets and let them stack to full)

Well one of the main reasons that we havent gotten further yet is because we're in a newly found guild and have done quite a bit of recruiting (and are still working on that.

In the beginning i was trying to heal it with a druid.. but that kind of failed allways.. and mainly on the purple blob (as we allways had people blowing up)
    Then we found out you actually need a pally to heal it since the beacon on the tank doesnt give stacks. However our current pally is still quite undergeared for this content (still about halfway in FL gear and only 2 set bonus t13), so we're farming stuff together for him (but it takes time)

We've even tried 3 man healing it.. since the 5% buff gives enough breathing space in DPS... but that didnt work very well. I guess we'll just need to practice and grow to be a healing team.

Anyway.. thanks again for the feedback, its much appreciated to have people comment.