Wedding mechanic and other RP stuff

Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...-rp-town-hall/

So guess they had a RP sit down and the main people listed what they wanted and Trion said this is some of the immediate stuff they had planned

The Problems Facing Role-players

When we asked about the biggest challenges for players trying to run their own events or even enjoy small scale RP it boiled down to a few core issues:

Not enough tools to run/organize a personal event
    Limited locations/settings you can use during your events
    Griefing & interruptions from PvP

Rest assured, we’re currently researching and looking into systems that aim to reduce or remove these challenges and enable you to do more – What’s an example? I hear wedding bells! As our first step towards providing you with the ability to enhance your own RP experiences we’ll be introducing Weddings as a new feature in a future update. You’ll get the rings, the dress, the tux and even a place to hold the ceremony if you want to use it (or have it wherever you like.) Expect more details as these features are developed!

Another topic was also mentioned quite a few times and one I look forward to working with the community on is education. New or existing players being intimidated or unaware of RP who might otherwise enjoy it. During the town hall I reached out to several individuals who already had involvement in helping to educate players about RP and we look forward to supporting their continued efforts.

We intend to hold future RP town halls once we have more to talk about and build on each discussion with input directly from the RP community – until then you can often find Krunkatron in the Role-play Forum where we encourage you to continue sharing your feedback!

Thanks for playing,
    Elrar & Krunkatron

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...-rp-town-hall/

So guess they had a RP sit down and the main people listed what they wanted and Trion said this is some of the immediate stuff they had planned
    awwww man, that's awesome, I'm sure many RPer's would be really happy with this. I'd buy the tux just for the hell of it

I'm curious how they're going to handle the dress and tux. I mean, can only females buy the dress and only males buy the tux? Will it be like WoW where both genders can wear both? Will there be a female tux version and a male dress version?

I do hope they exercise some creativity in the dress. Their costume dresses thus far have been rather bland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never quite understood the whole RP thing, i'm already role playing a fantasy char

But, there was a wedding of sorts held at Hammerknell back in July, i even think Elrar was the Priest or did shard wide messages or something, note the Pee Vee Pee 'heroes' making an appearance

Hah! I did a quick search for "unique wedding dresses" and found this:

That's so what Rift should do. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Never quite understood the whole RP thing, i'm already role playing a fantasy char

But, there was a wedding of sorts held at Hammerknell back in July, i even think Elrar was the Priest or did shard wide messages or something, note the Pee Vee Pee 'heroes' making an appearance

*snip*
    That video was actually pretty cute, even from a non-RP perspective
    Last edited by mmocb5655943fe; 2011-12-17 at 09:41 PM. Reason: confused Pvp with RP :D

Cute video, and the wedding dress pic looks like something a Red Mage from Final Fantasy would wear. (if dyed red of course)