Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lots of hate for WoW in game

There are A LOT of people that keep saying stuff like "This isn't anything like WoW, WoW sucks" etc. and yet...It's extremely similar in a lot of aspects. A lot of the haters I've seen and talked to haven't even played WoW and yet they form their opinion as if it's fact that WoW is such a horrible game. It's annoying to see all the hate for a very successful MMO that has lasted a very long time and is still going strong. and yes, I know it's the cool thing to do for new MMO's but it still is just...really? -_-

What is this I don't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

What were you expecting? There are going to be a lot of people like this in every MMORPG, simply due to the fact that a large amount of gamers have attitudes like that nowadays. The fact that SW:ToR is more similar to WoW than a lot of other popular alternatives hardly helps either. I assume they feel the need to somehow justify the fact that they're not playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And yet they are paying to play game they hate....

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And yet they are paying to play game they hate....
    Well maybe not as this is the SWTOR section. They are paying for SWTOR and hating on WOW.

Deleted
    Well, if its any comfort, that happens in all mmos
    Probably because wow is the most common source of people
    And they left for a reason, and want to find likeminded people who left as well.
    Just ignore the trade chat or whatev and continue playing, because those chats wont stop... in a looong time.
    That's just the way it is, and like I said in a comfortabling manner: all other mmos experience the same.

This isn't really unexpected. Every new big MMORPG always says that they'll have the best community because it won't have WoW kiddies. Irony is that people like this pop up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those aspects that are similar are the base and core for any MMO, by the way. Go look at EQ, DnD, etc.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

I wish people could just play games without having to argue over which is better. It's... a game. It's like arguing over whether football or golf is better. It's incomparable. It's subjective. Play the game you like. Let others play the game they like.

This goes beyond WoW. When something is extremely popular or was popular at it's peak, people love to hate what's popular. You have to take it with a grain of salt. Who cares what other people think. If you like something, that's all that should matter. I personally don't find it annoying at all. I just ignore it. I play WoW, I still enjoy it and at the end of the day I'm the one who's logging in.

For me, I've played the Star Wars beta and personally I don't find it all that ground breaking or mind blowing at all. To me, the combat is clunky as hell, the character movements are even worse, the questing is literally kill this 'x' amount of times or collect this 'x' amount of times, the dialogue gets very frustrating after a while as well. You can't skip it so you're stuck listening to an NPC babble on and on about pointless crap. It's not worth spending 15 bucks a month, but that's just my opinion and people will think other wise and defend it. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, it's my opinion, I gave it and that's that.

The same things were said in Rift. Then the wow lovers left and it stopped. It will happen with SW:ToR too.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    I wish people could just play games without having to argue over which is better. It's... a game. It's like arguing over whether football or golf is better. It's incomparable. It's subjective. Play the game you like. Let others play the game they like.
    Or just let the people who want to talk about their former game experiences do it.
    Most of you should be busy leveling up, why sit and read chats you aren't even bothered with?=)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    The same things were said in Rift. Then the wow lovers left and it stopped. It will happen with SW:ToR too.
    I remember that! People constantly talked about how much they disliked WoW, it was kinda confusing.

Why talk about something you hate that much?

There are a lot of people out there who just take what other people say at face value (i.e. WoW sucks) or just like hating popular things.

Having said that, I'm having more fun in ToR than I've had in years in WoW.

Deleted
    Does it hurt you in any way? Why do you care...that's what I can't understand.

Sure, some people will think one game is better. Me, for example, I'm all for SWTOR, I'm bored of WoW...but come one...just ignore those bashers.

Tall poppies.

Everyone wants their game to be the best to justify their reasons for playing it.

Personally I don't care, I play the games that appeal to me and that I enjoy.

The fact is that WOW is the top of the food chain, has been for a long time and looks to be that way for a long time to come.

This leads to this kind of attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats because WoW set the bar. Most of these people are just nerdragers who will have the exact same complaints about SWTOR as they do about WoW once the newness wares off.

I think The Offspring said it best, it's cool to hate.

well sw:tor is still pretty unpolished imo and theres alot potential for improvement in future patches.
    me personally im not liking the fact that they basically copied wow's current talent-tree design because this design is actually totally terribad.
    yeah ofc you get to spend a talent point each lvl up and feel like youre improving your character, but putting that point into 2% more haste just doesnt feel good at all.

im so looking forward to the mop talent trees and im really disappoint in sw:tor that they didnt try their own approach... at least theres the companions and cutscenes for a tiny bit of innovation :/

WoW bashing is in every new mmo.

Aion chat at start - Omg, this game rock, WoW suck!!!

Rift chat - Omg, this is epic WoW suck!!!

SWTOR - WoW suck!!!

XXX title - what you think? WoW suck!!!

And I also dont get it. I have really great experience with WoW, so many good memories. When I will left to new game (and I will, waiting for some good fantasy mmo) why I should start bashing this game? Cant people just move on and enjoy the new tittle without pointless comparissons?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's even more funny is the fact that those same..... short bus riders , still either have an active wow account or at one time was a "hard core" player in wow. Stupidity is an amazing thing ..lol