Angry Final Fantasy tactics: War of the Lions

I'm kinda surprised no one brought up FFT: War of the Lions yet.
    It is my favorite game of all time, and i'm curios that I may be alone here?
    Any fans out there, or anyone atleast, that knows this game? If not, I strongly recommend it! It's a lovely piece of art.

Anyway.
    What do you think about this game?
    Did the PSP-remake destroy the classic imagination you had about the psx version? etc etc.

imo a very underrated game. Needs. to. be. mentioned. MORE.

One of the first games I bought for my PSP. I think it was an amazing game, very hard but great game. It also was no where near underrated. It had near perfect reviews and was quite popular. Almost everyone I know who had a PSP owned this game.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not underrated. Tons of people played and loved it on the PSX and again on the PSP. It's just an older game so people don't talk about it that much these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this game sooo much. Too bad there's NO replayability.

Never beat it for PS1, it was just too hard for my little mind to wrap around (when I was a child). It's still sitting in my game drawer though.

Later got it for PSP, beat it very easily. Did that "break all enemy attack, stone all teammates except 1 or 2 and make them frogs, make them beat up final enemy for JP/EXP' until everyone was like level 60. Made Ramza a dark knight then eventually a Calculator/Arithmatick and owned everything with Holy.

Fun, fun times... I also adore the story and music in the game.

This was my first foray into strategy type games. I loved the story, especially the fact that you could literally spend a couple hours reading the back story in the game journal if you wanted. I always wanted more of that world, but unfortunately any other game set in Ivalice has just not been the same.

Interesting game for sure didn't have much love for the original game (or its PSP remake). Like the GBA one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I love this game sooo much. Too bad there's NO replayability.
    Wow. really? I must have played through FF tactics seriously about 30 times. Each time trying to make new team with jobs I didnt use before. I got a ton of enjoyment out of mixing jobs and mixing teams to create really fun play throughs even though I had beaten the story. Never heard anyone say it has no replayability before.

I loved this game and the remake, but it has a major flaw. The difficulty. Yes, it's a hard game for the better part of it, but by the end.... they give you Orlandeu. That guy wreaks EVERYTHING on his path, plus he's nigh untouchable with auto-haste and what-not, so yeah, end-game is too easy. Still one of my top 5 FF, behind VI, IX and IV and its sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by gogito View Post
    I loved this game and the remake, but it has a major flaw. The difficulty.
    Agreed on the first, but for the second... this genre suffers from a 'each level takes hours from your life' flaw. I'm sure some people are attracted by that, and personally, when I'm doing a storyline fight, or a major boss. Its feels GREAT when I spend an hour on him....

but when it takes 30-60 minutes on some random encounter I'm doing just to grind experience, that just... sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Agreed on the first, but for the second... this genre suffers from a 'each level takes hours from your life' flaw. I'm sure some people are attracted by that, and personally, when I'm doing a storyline fight, or a major boss. Its feels GREAT when I spend an hour on him....

but when it takes 30-60 minutes on some random encounter I'm doing just to grind experience, that just... sucks.
    There are quick ways to power level. My personal favorite being killing all but one enemy, speed breaking him down to one speed, and having Ramza spam yell on the party while everyone else trades hits with each other and heals with potions. It only takes like 5 hours to reach max level like that.