Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    While we're here, I'd like some suggestions as well. I played a rogue and a warrior most in WoW however I also liked druids and priests, so want a class that could have similarities to those in this ways:
    -I want a class that can resist damage, act as protector of others so to say
    -I however want a class that doesn't wear plate, I like leather and... not sure if mail exists, but if it does, mail.
    -I like something that can use a shield, but not fully needed
    -I want most of my damage to not be... how should I say... holy like, as in paladins in WoW, I don't like that, I want either phizical damage or something elemental or astral as powers...
    -if my class could also stealh and have ranged attacks(I understand that any class could swich to ranged weapons as well? If so then this point is moot) it would be cool, but not really needed.
    -I don't want pets

Thanks to all those that can help
    Sounds like an Engineer.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_engineer_skills

I'll never understand why ArenaNet didn't put the flamethrower in the skills video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    While we're here, I'd like some suggestions as well. I played a rogue and a warrior most in WoW however I also liked druids and priests, so want a class that could have similarities to those in this ways:
    -I want a class that can resist damage, act as protector of others so to say
    -I however want a class that doesn't wear plate, I like leather and... not sure if mail exists, but if it does, mail.
    -I like something that can use a shield, but not fully needed
    -I want most of my damage to not be... how should I say... holy like, as in paladins in WoW, I don't like that, I want either phizical damage or something elemental or astral as powers...
    -if my class could also stealh and have ranged attacks(I understand that any class could swich to ranged weapons as well? If so then this point is moot) it would be cool, but not really needed.
    -I don't want pets

Thanks to all those that can help
    Engineer, they can use shields and literally absorb an attack and throw it back at someone, they wear leather, they are totally ranged, they use weapons so they can deal elemental or physical damage (flamethrowers, and most grenades deal elemental damage). And elixir X, one of your elites has a chance of giving you the "Invisible Stalker" elite where you are stealthed for X seconds and can attack and w/e you want and the stealth will not break until the duration ends.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Sounds like an Engineer.

I'll never understand why ArenaNet didn't put the flamethrower in the skills video
    because then 99% of the player base would be engineer?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    they are totally ranged
    Tool kit is going to be melee, which hopefully should mean shanking people with a screwdriver and crushing their skull with a pipe wrench

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 03:47 AM ----------

because then 99% of the player base would be engineer?
    Fair point

10+ Year Old Account
    Tool kit is going to be melee, which hopefully should mean shanking people with a screwdriver and crushing their skull with a pipe wrench
    Omg... if this should actually happen i think i might actually role an alt, which would be engineer... (i'm the guy who has 1 character and the rest of slots are filled with lv 1-3's)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I suggest you look at the mesmer and the engineer. The mesmer can do all of the above except wear medium armor and carry a shield. The engineer can't stealth. However, neither are really fit into the "protector" archetype. I it weren't for the non-plate armor and paladin like image I would've suggested you to check out the guardian as well.
    Sounds like an Engineer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uomx7z0KIIs
    Engineer, they can use shields and literally absorb an attack and throw it back at someone, they wear leather, they are totally ranged, they use weapons so they can deal elemental or physical damage (flamethrowers, and most grenades deal elemental damage). And elixir X, one of your elites has a chance of giving you the "Invisible Stalker" elite where you are stealthed for X seconds and can attack and w/e you want and the stealth will not break until the duration ends.[COLOR="red"]
    Thank you all, I was actually thinking at engineer since it truly caught my eye along the typical warrior, now I'm sure. Also need to check mesmer better, though it does sound interesting.

i know the guardian seems a lot like a paladin but i think it fits your points(besides wearing plate).
    he casts spells on the ground that blocks/harms enemies and buffs/heals allies. he sacrifices his passive buffs for effects that benefit the party. he has a bubble that allies can retreat into that not only prevents but deflects all harm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-awu...ure=plpp_video

Deleted
    Just to add - although a mesmers illusions are temporary relative to the rangers pet, my understanding (could be wrong) is that they do need micromanaging...when to detonate, what effect to get, where to put them. It sounds as if a large part of the Mesmer gameplay revolves around crafty and tactical use of the illusions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    i know the guardian seems a lot like a paladin but i think it fits your points(besides wearing plate).
    he casts spells on the ground that blocks/harms enemies and buffs/heals allies. he sacrifices his passive buffs for effects that benefit the party. he has a bubble that allies can retreat into that not only prevents but deflects all harm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-awu...ure=plpp_video
    That looks nice actually as well. Guess I will have to try it in-game to be sure. Maybe I'll make one just to be sure... ahhhh... so many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Just to add - although a mesmers illusions are temporary relative to the rangers pet, my understanding (could be wrong) is that they do need micromanaging...when to detonate, what effect to get, where to put them. It sounds as if a large part of the Mesmer gameplay revolves around crafty and tactical use of the illusions.
    So you're saying they're sort of like moving shaman totems or like hunter traps or like actual pets or mage mirror images? Since if they're like hunter traps or mage images it's cool, but if they're like shaman totems, not sure what to say, never liked that aspect of shamans.

And sorry that I base my comparisons to WoW, just the only MMO I know good till now so it's easier for me to get to understand some things and how they work.