H Yor'sahj YELLOW blob clarification?

How exactly does the yellow buff on Yor'Sahj Heroic (10) work?

This is the ability the boss gets: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104901

Glowing Blood of Shu'ma
    Infused with the Glowing Blood of the Old Gods.
    Void Bolt is now Area of Effect.
    Abilities have half the typical cooldown.
    Attack speed increased 50%.
    This is what the Dungeon Journal says:

Glowing Blood of Shu'ma

Yor'sahj's Void Bolt now hits all nearby targets for 48750 to 51250 Shadow damage in addition to the primary target component, Yor'sahj uses his abilities twice as often, and his attack speed increases by 50%.
    To me, this sounds like each time the boss uses Void Bolt, the entire raid will take 48750 to 51250 damage and that the amount of Void Bolt stacks on the tank or the damage taken by the tank doesn't affect it.

However, after watching Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 10 Man Heroic Dragon Soul Guide - FATBOSS, I am really confused.

When talking about the yellow blob in the video, they say:

Death Knight tanks are extremely strong here, because when you have the yellow ooze, well obviously because the yellow ooze incraeses the tank damage, the more damage is done to the tank, the more AoE damage is then put on the raid.

So, does the amount of damage the tank takes from Void Bolt during yellow ooze affect the AoE damage part of the yellow ooze, and if it does, how is that damage calculated?

In one combination, I would like to keep Yellow + Purple up to get one less wave of adds, and I'm wondering how much damage the AoE will do before the Deep Corruption stacks reset (25 seconds) and if it's possible to heal the raid through it without making anyone reach 5 stacks of Deep Corruption.

No discussion about how yellow ooze affects any of the other oozes abilities. This is about the AoE part of Void Bolt during yellow ooze and if it is possible to heal through it with Purple ooze up.
    Last edited by Zheryn; 2011-12-18 at 04:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I think Fatboss got it wrong, it's just the ~50k raid damage whenever he puts a stack on the tank. They're pretty terrible at going into the mechanics properly and are more just for a general idea of how the fight works. Not to bash them too much, they get 10 man heroic videos out quick which are hard to find.

Deleted
    It works as they put out stacks on the tank faster, and the stack does raid damage. And if you have green you'll get SPAMMED with those, since the cd is 50% shorter on his abilities. Same if you get black, it will spawn 2 sets of adds. You will ALWAYS want to kill yellow, esp on heroic.

yellow is pretty much double damage to your tank and double damage of red/green/black (since purple and blue doesnt really damage you)

so in heroic you want to kill yellow straight away except for Yellow Red Black = Green(kill green) , this is where you bloodlust/hero raid cd

OR if your group can spread out boss well, and be within minimum range then go kill yellow instead of green
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    It works as they put out stacks on the tank faster, and the stack does raid damage.
    I don't think the stack itself deals raid damage, I believe it to be raid damage only on each new application of a Void Bolt stack. The thing I'm wondering is whether the damage the tank takes affects the raid damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    yellow is pretty much double damage to your tank and double damage of red/green/black (since purple and blue doesnt really damage you)
    I'm only asking about the yellow buff alone and how much damage the AoE Void Bolt deals. I understand how the mechanic that reduces the CD of other abilities work.
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

He'll alternate Void bolting the tank and the whole raid. It's cast twice as often, but only half the casts apply stacks to the tank so stacks remain the same.
    Absorbing/Mitigating the void bolt on the tank will not affect the raid:
    Taken from 10-normal.
    [18:29:28.044] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Ahanss Absorb (10352)
    [18:29:28.490] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Kerureyu 27565 (R: 6891)
    Ahanss=tank.
    Raid bolts remained the same with barkskin up, and for partially/fully absorbed hits.

DKs are preferable since they just take less damage overall, allowing healers to focus the raid. They don't mitigate damage to the raid during yellow.

Deleted
    As Soulstrike already mentioned the ONLY combo you should be keeping yellow up is RED>GREEN>YELLOW>BLACK.In which case,raid walls,stack and heal with a BL if needed.

Thank you Braindwen, that makes sense.

@redeem yes, and it's the same for Red/Purple/Yellow/Red.

However, I'm wondering whether it would be possible to kill black in Black/Blue/Purple/Yellow to get more DPS on the boss, if the damage from Yellow alone is low enough to be able to heal through with Purple up. Mainly worried about the AoE damage as I can go bear and tank for a while with SI if the tank damage gets too high for Purple.

Deleted
    Yellow makes his bolt cleave (that 50k or whatevs, raid damage you talked about)
    And increases his attack speed by 50% and reduces his cooldowns by 50%.
    For hardmode, you rarely want yellow alive, since it will buff the green/red, along with a nasty raidwide aoe.
    For instance, red/green will cast twice as much, and you will get two sets of black adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynglestok View Post
    Yellow makes his bolt cleave (that 50k or whatevs, raid damage you talked about)
    And increases his attack speed by 50% and reduces his cooldowns by 50%.
    For hardmode, you rarely want yellow alive, since it will buff the green/red, along with a nasty raidwide aoe.
    For instance, red/green will cast twice as much, and you will get two sets of black adds.
    Updated main post to make it clearer what it is I want to discuss.