CoE and BoH work together?

If i coe and bane of havoc a target, would they take the increased damage?

Good question, yes it takes increased damage. Tested on dummies and with CoE on BoH target it takes 16.2% damage and not just 15%.

Which is less than 1% total dps increase, but I think the target should live for more than 60 secs for it to be worth the extra GCD of CoE. However if you're multidotting or some other player is, then someone should have CoE on it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was my understanding that BoH double dipped CoE... but i don't have a source or anything, i just read it somewhere.... false?

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    It was my understanding that BoH double dipped CoE... but i don't have a source or anything, i just read it somewhere.... false?
    It would make sense that it would. You get +8% damage on your target then the bane's copy would also benefit from coe on the secondary target getting another +8%

I think I already answered, but yes BoH will get 8% increase from CoE on same target, then if you have CoE(or any other 8% debuff) on your primary target too then obviously that will give 8% increase on both targets, so BoH does 16.64% more damage if you have BoE on both targets, compared to not having BoE anywhere. But don't trust random sources, this is very easy to test on dummys.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2011-12-18 at 04:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recall something about damage increase effects only working one way with bane of havoc. This was quite a big topic at halfus wyrmbreaker with his 500% increased dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Yes, it does double dip.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t118063-...ics_cataclysm/

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...6/#post1842766