Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ((did this thread just die out ó_O?))

(I waited for someone else to post... Guess I get to do it again)

Morning. I wake up and head outside only to find a huge amount of decapitated zombies, at least 30-40 of them. Each had their feet in their own spot, as if something went through and cut all their heads off in one swipe. I head out near the back, and nearly tripped on a metal strip. It was bladed on one end, and about a third of an inch thick on the other, split up in to sections that retracted out to make it about ten feet wide and compacted in to about five inches. At the very ends there were small metal poles, about an inch on one side and two on the other. It seemed this was what took them all out.

I head out for some hunting with my rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

*sorry forgot about posting here, too much craziness due to new year yada yada*

What the hell?

The only thing i remenber is that i was coming back from hunting and heard shots.... after that i passed out and woke up next to some dead zombie bodies... Ew...

I grab my shotgun, and head back to the camp. Seeing BoomChickn leaving with his rifle, i join him on his hunt.

i wake up, my back hurts. sleeping on the roof without anything soft to sleep on was probably a bad idea...
    i look around, hmm poor zombies, but besides that there don't seem to be anything else.
    i go downstairs, hmm they seem to be outside.
    i take a mattresses, a pillow and bed sheets.
    that should make sleeping there much better, i leave a note on the frontdoor for BoomChickn. Asking to get some kind of Night Vision scope for my aug. or just some goggles if nothing else.
    i go up on the roof again, and continue on my plans schematic.
    while making them, i think to myself, if we gonna stay here for a long time, mabye we should spent some times in making sort of defense, some baricades and some traps mabye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I awaken after hearing boomchickn an archangel leave. I hear manofmagic of the roof and go up to join him. I ask him why there are tons of dead zombies, where the others went, and what he is doing.

As i hear someone coming up, i quickly hide everything in my backpack.
    i tell Dwarf that i am being a lookout up here, and that i have no idea what happend to the zombies.
    but as far as i know, the only good zombie is a dead zombie. and these was clearly dead, so i did not really care about much else.
    I also tell that i think the others went out, either for some good old zombie killing spree, or to get some stuff.
    i ask him if he knows how much food, water and ammo

10+ Year Old Account
    (I am assuming your question is how much food, water and ammo we have) I tell manofmagic that we have enough water for a week, and enough food for 5 days. I also ask him if we have any plans for defense of my loghouse. We can exploit the cave system with explosions to trap zombies, but that is the only ideas I currently have.

i look at dwarf with big eyes. A CAVE SYSTEM!? THERE IS A CAVE SYSTEM!?
    why have nobody said that some time before.. This could be really useful, for many things, explosion trap i am not sure on. an explosion would probably destory it after just one use. now if we could find something else to use. Hmmm, i suggest we wait for the others to come home, and all go take a look at it.
    2heads may be better than 1, but 4 heads is way better i guess.
    As for a defense of the house, some barricades is most likely all we can do for now. but if we could get our hands on some barbed wire, that would be very good for keeping zombies away.

(Sorry for being gone for so long, school stuff)

I head back in, carrying in a dead deer with a small hole in its head. A perfect shot... How long I spent in the tree for that one for that I don't know. I see all the dead zombies again, and pull out the bladed metal device that seemed to have decapitated them all. I expand it out to show what it does. It seems to be fired from two ends that launch simultaneously. It then tears down its path, ripping anything in the way in two.

Two guys must have came with a horde chasing them. Seeing the corridor making them line up, it was a perfect spot to use this thing. This thing would be deadly when rigged up to traps in hallways, given that one can surpass the difficult trigger.

I check the note and sigh. Scopes are a living hell to make without the proper machinery. I can fashion a casing possibly, but I would need to find a couple glass lenses. Any of the more advanced ones need to be scavenged. In the meantime. I pull out the scope that I managed to grab from the one rooftop sniper that fell off his building back in the city and set it in manofmagic's room.

In all of my experience I never got the point of barbed wire. Is it meant to slow passing targets by catching them in a coil that won't let go of any loose clothes while being easy to set up? That is the only thing I can think of. Then again I never used it that much if at all.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I explain that the cave system is more of a tunnel system, it can be used for a quick getaway if zombies overrun us. As we are talking I see boomchickn return with his deer and slip into the house. I run down to ask where he has been, and where archangel is.

I tell him that it was a simple hunting trip, and show him the retractable blade that seemed to have caused all the kills outside. There isn't enough time left in the day to head in to the city to scavenge everything, so I busy myself with the barricades and ladders.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    While manofmagic is on the roof and boomchickn is busy with barricades, I slip into my house. Looking around, I grab enough supplies to last a few days on my own. Food, water, ammo, guns. I stealthily move to the basement where the explosives are kept. I grab some grenades and C4. I spread C4 throughout the basement, pocket the grenades and head back up.

as i stand on the roof, i take a last look around. Hmmm.. tyrael is still not in sight.
    I jump down from the roof, and dust off my cloths and hands.
    I go inside, BoomChickn seem to be busy, tho the barricades seem to be going very well.
    I go inside my room, hmm? a sniper, I guess Boomchickn placed it.
    I check the scope, it's no nightvision, but this is gonna be better than my aug for look out.
    i go outside and look on the roof, some defense would be nice to have there.
    But that would have to wait for a later time. i go on the roof with the sniper.
    I look at my weapons, and get a great idea for a weapon. I take the papers from the backpack, and soon find myself very focused.
    somewhere around every 5-10min, i take a quick look around with the sniper, to check if there would be anything. but everything seem very quiet..
    Last edited by manofmagic; 2012-01-10 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (off topic) yeah I let the holidays slip up on me and completely forgot I made this thread. give me some time to read a few pages and collect my thoughts, and we'll be chugging along soon enough slaying zombies and one another)

I finish my work on the barricades, setting up the metal struts to keep them from being pushed back and some to spread the force along their length, to keep them from snapping in one spot. Tomorrow... I will be able to rig up a trap to use with the metal strip. A lever, some string, and a couple shotguns with specially shaped slugs would be all that's needed. Along with a couple stands.

Another scavenging trip tomorrow... I am going to need quite a bit of rest for the long haul.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go outside, and see there are no zombies in sight. I think that is very odd, because we are fast approaching night. "No matter," I mumble quietly. "My master plan will be a strong enough blow," I mutter. I head back in and prepare all my supplies for tomorrow. I fall on my bed, and go to sleep quickly.

As night falls, i sit and watch. For some reason i am not tired one bit, i feel like, im not in need of sleep.
    Ugh, well this gives me some idea for something i gotta do, i write another note on the door saying 'i most likely will not be able to get back the new few days, stay safe. P.S if you for some reason move, leave a note or clue for me when i get back.'
    i gather my stuff, sniper on the back, the grenade launcher in the backpack, and my aug in the hands.
    Right now there is still a bit of light, but my eyes have to get used to darkness soon, or i will be walking around blindly.
    i listen closey, i have to make no noise, and watch out for other noises.
    I look back a last time, the house is out of view now. No turning back.

As a last second thought before I sleep, I set up the strip blade facing out against the door, setting a note outside saying "Duck or be decapitated..." Should at least slow the zombies, it was a pretty damn sharp blade.

Sleep now.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wake up, and find manofmagic gone. This is disappointing, however he will be hard pressed to survive after I execute my plan. I walk outside, stretching and yawning, and almost get my head chopped off by boomchickn's trap. "If I hadn't known better, I might have thought he was preparing a preemptive strike for me" I mutter bitterly.

I get up, no zombies. Funny. I explain to the dwarf lover it was to potentially kill any zombies if the door was opened, they would walk in to it and lose their heads. Besides, the way the blade was facing it would only have clotheslined someone even running out of the house, not enough to kill them.

I head out to scavenge what I need to rig the blade up in to a powerful trap that can clear the corridor in one fell swoop, taking some of the deer meat with me to eat on the way.
    This explains a lot.