Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I continue on with magic until I heard something down an alley. I walk down it until I find the source of the noise. It twas a puppy! For the first time in a while I feel happiness. I can not tell what type of dog it is but I pick it up. I name it Scruffy and run back to magic. I've found a new friend!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

seeing that Boomchickn went it reminds me i have not gotten any sleep at all the latest few days, i do a quick check up on security and go to sleep

After running over the plans for my weapon I realize having an electronic activation system would be too much of a hassle. It would need to be nearly entirely mechanical. I request for a few people and I to take the chopper back to the old military base where we found it to find several weapons and supplies that would be needed to clear out the metalworking facility.

In the meantime, I make a barrel reinforcement to my rifle to make sure it doesn't bend when I make a bayonet stab. I also being to look for an externally fitted suppressor for my rifle, it would be very useful in picking off zombies one by one without attracting more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

having slept for some hours now i wake up, having a bit of pain in the back.
    i realise i had a pocket binoculars in the back pocket, i remember finding it but have no clue when it was.
    i use them to look outside, still no zombies.. its almost scary that they are not here anymore..
    i wonder where they are, but i keep it to myself.
    i make some food to myself, all of this chaos almost makes everyone forget to eat.
    i take my food to the roof and eat while looking over the city with the binoculars

10+ Year Old Account
    It is now Day 2. Some of you have survived, some of you havent. The Earthquake wasn't an earth quake at all. It was a military bombardment of the next town over. It has been completely irradicated, and wiped from the face of the Earth. those of you still in the apartment... you can hear the sounds of helicopters outside. You can hear the gun shots. You can hear the screams. They aren't zombie screams obviously. And they aren't the screams of the troops. Its a full scale slash and burn. Your city is being purged. You must escape, quickly and quietly. You must avoid walkers, and you must also avoid bullets.

Survival first, humanity second. Do what must be done, but never forger those purging your city are following orders. You've seen enough zombie movies to have come to the scenes where some private says "We're just following orders, we've been told everyone was infected!"

How do YOU survive day 2, of the zombie apocalypse?
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

I'm the guy everyone thought was crazy in the past for actually putting a detailed zombie survival plan together beforehand.(yes I really have one) First thing is to find the residents that are still around and assess our current situation as far as supplies and group physical shape and general mental health. Make sure i convince Synthaxx to hold off on his suicide until we need him to.(we are gonna need a decoy) then when we set the plan to get to the vehicle that we all will fit in, i dawn my shark diving chain mail suit and head for the parking lot. If a shark can't bite through it niether can a zombie. get the car or truck and pick everyone that wants to come up probably from a second story window. get to our touresty shopping mall and plaza's. Get to the wild west steakhouse themed resturant(because they all have working wooden shudders). Barricade ourselfes in until we can form raiding parties to raid stores from all around of weapons and food and other survival supplies. Get a better vehichle load it up, and get ready Synthaxx this is where you come in. Send him out just bolting out the other side of the resturant while we pile in the box truck we have grabbed from a store near by loaded with suppllies. Drive to very rural farm land probably somewhere in IOWA and set up our commune and wait for it to end. There will be bumps along the way but nothing that can't be handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathoris View Post
    I'm the guy everyone thought was crazy in the past for actually putting a detailed zombie survival plan together beforehand.(yes I really have one) First thing is to find the residents that are still around and assess our current situation as far as supplies and group physical shape and general mental health. Make sure i convince Synthaxx to hold off on his suicide until we need him to.(we are gonna need a decoy) then when we set the plan to get to the vehicle that we all will fit in, i dawn my shark diving chain mail suit and head for the parking lot. If a shark can't bite through it niether can a zombie. get the car or truck and pick everyone that wants to come up probably from a second story window. get to our touresty shopping mall and plaza's. Get to the wild west steakhouse themed resturant(because they all have working wooden shudders). Barricade ourselfes in until we can form raiding parties to raid stores from all around of weapons and food and other survival supplies. Get a better vehichle load it up, and get ready Synthaxx this is where you come in. Send him out just bolting out the other side of the resturant while we pile in the box truck we have grabbed from a store near by loaded with suppllies. Drive to very rural farm land probably somewhere in IOWA and set up our commune and wait for it to end. There will be bumps along the way but nothing that can't be handled.
    completely off topic here, but where abouts do you live??? Cause uh.. yeah. I'm with you bro.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    It is now Day 2. Some of you have survived, some of you havent. The Earthquake wasn't an earth quake at all. It was a military bombardment of the next town over. It has been completely irradicated, and wiped from the face of the Earth. those of you still in the apartment... you can hear the sounds of helicopters outside. You can hear the gun shots. You can hear the screams. They aren't zombie screams obviously. And they aren't the screams of the troops. Its a full scale slash and burn. Your city is being purged. You must escape, quickly and quietly. You must avoid walkers, and you must also avoid bullets.

Survival first, humanity second. Do what must be done, but never forger those purging your city are following orders. You've seen enough zombie movies to have come to the scenes where some private says "We're just following orders, we've been told everyone was infected!"

How do YOU survive day 2, of the zombie apocalypse?
    Was just being cute when I said Alski was hit with an earthquake, because it was listed in his location. But oh well! ^.^

Main Topic: I emerge from one of my burrows in my underground tunnel system. I briefly scan horizon, and I fully realize the seriousness of the situation. Under the fog of smoke, I can see several fast moving shadows. Without a second thought, I signal to all possible hiding survivors in my radius, that I can provide refuge underground. I then hear immediate shuffling to my location, and I see................

Deleted
    I see soldiers approaching me. They were three men. I aim at them demanding to leave me be. They claim that they are a part of a rebellion. The Army has been divided. Many deserted and others killed. I can see anger and sadness in their eyes. No time for emotions because they were followed by walkers. I start shooting, the soldiers following me, I escape back to my tunnels. The soldiers are saying that this place is not safe anymore. Within hours, the Army is going to process with Operation: Valhalla Storm. Nuke the city with walkers activity, with or without survivors. I quickly look at my map and notice that the tunnels don't lead out of the city. I see no other option then go outside and zerg through the walkers. Once outside, I realize that I am low ammo. The Walkers are going crazy once they hear a helicopter approaching. It was millitary. Suddenly an army stealth fighter sears through the skies and takes down the helicopter. Has the world gone mad? The explosion created a thick fog, I use that to our advantage and start zerging through. Until I...

"Kill everything that moves?" Those orders were from the General himself, but I sure got a bum deal having to search the foothills just outside of town with nothing more than half a clip of ammo, a grenade and this rusty old military knife. I just can't get over that wound on the General's arm though, it looked alot like a bite mark.

I see soldiers approaching me. They were three men. I aim at them demanding to leave me be. They claim that they are a part of a rebellion. The Army has been divided. Many deserted and others killed. I can see anger and sadness in their eyes. No time for emotions because they were followed by walkers. I start shooting, the soldiers following me, I escape back to my tunnels. The soldiers are saying that this place is not safe anymore. Within hours, the Army is going to process with Operation: Valhalla Storm. Nuke the city with walkers activity, with or without survivors. I quickly look at my map and notice that the tunnels don't lead out of the city. I see no other option then go outside and zerg through the walkers. Once outside, I realize that I am low ammo. The Walkers are going crazy once they hear a helicopter approaching. It was millitary. Suddenly an army stealth fighter sears through the skies and takes down the helicopter. Has the world gone mad? The explosion created a thick fog, I use that to our advantage and start zerging through. Until I...
    A large amount of gunfire and another one of our Blackhawks goes down just inside the city limits. Suddenly through the dense smoke I see a large group of people running towards me, ducking and weaving through the treeline, but wait, from the other side, something crashing through the trees and it's big and there is more than one of em... BEARS?!!

:fixed:
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-12-21 at 12:38 AM.

I get Laurcus's cure and begin working on making several metal backed glass shells to fit in to a grenade launcher. Filling each of the shells with the cure, they may be shot from a grenade launcher over a considerable distance, shattering against a hard surface and dispensing the cure nearby. I prepare the shells in a 40mm size, and come to the roof of our apartment with a white flag, prepared to explain just what we have made and how it will work against the zombies, and why we, nor the city shouldn't be destroyed. It can be saved with this cure, and with a proper method of dispensing it, it may be a solution to this entire problem.

Soon after, I decide staying on the roof of the apartment isn't a good idea. I leave the white flag opened up along with a bag containing the cure with a note "Drop on zombies and see what happens, make sure it breaks"

I then make my way to the steel foundries, taking alleyways and tight routes to get there, the military is occupying the main roads and is luring all the zombies that way.
    I enter the factory, see it is empty, thank god so, and begin working on my weapon. Forges, castings, metal lathes, all are firing up due to underground cables not being damaged. The process of making this weapon will take at least 8 hours.

I can only wonder just how useful my weapon would be here. The force of the shot alone would be enough to destabilize a craft, and one shot could obliterate an engine.

Using the helicopter would be suicide on two accounts, we are missing our pilot, and the military has air superiority.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-12-21 at 01:40 AM.
    This explains a lot.

I get on the radio, and I broadcast on all frequencies, "This is Laurcus, I am a scientist that has developed a cure for the zombie infection, as well as a test that can be performed to see if someone has become infected. To the military, I seek asylum for myself and my group. I have the cure with me and am prepared to demonstrate its effectiveness, and the effectiveness of the test on demand. I am also willing to work with your scientists on mass production of this cure, as well as a mass distribution method. If myself or anyone else from my group is harmed I will ensure the cure and the method of making it is forever lost. If you hear this message, please respond."

I pack up my things, including research notes, several doses of the cure, my sword, some tweezers, a very small piece of zombie flesh carefully wrapped in multiple layers of tin foil, paper, and cloth, and a bottle of gnats. It will take some time to triangulate our position. If I don't get a response in 15 minutes I gather the other survivors and suggest we leave immediately.

I approach a few close friends and we start planning on killing most of you for supplies.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I get on the radio, and I broadcast on all frequencies, "This is Laurcus, I am a scientist that has developed a cure for the zombie infection, as well as a test that can be performed to see if someone has become infected. To the military, I seek asylum for myself and my group. I have the cure with me and am prepared to demonstrate its effectiveness, and the effectiveness of the test on demand. I am also willing to work with your scientists on mass production of this cure, as well as a mass distribution method. If myself or anyone else from my group is harmed I will ensure the cure and the method of making it is forever lost. If you hear this message, please respond."

I pack up my things, including research notes, several doses of the cure, my sword, some tweezers, a very small piece of zombie flesh carefully wrapped in multiple layers of tin foil, paper, and cloth, and a bottle of gnats. It will take some time to triangulate our position. If I don't get a response in 15 minutes I gather the other survivors and suggest we leave immediately.
    Aw, Mary Sue! You're so good.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post

Aw, Mary Sue! You're so good.
    ((We've already established that we have a working cure that was created by myself and manofmagic. And there's no guarantee that contacting the military will work, as there's many things that can go wrong with it. This is more of an act of desperation on the part of my characters, because he believes our chances of survival with no base, on the run from zombies and the military, will be very low. If you're talking about the creation of the cure itself, that was done in response to people randomly trying to take over/end the story several pages ago by declaring randomly that a zombie horde appeared out of nowhere and broke through our considerable defenses, without making mention of said defenses. If a cure or targeted method of mass destruction wasn't invented several pages ago, then the forum game would be over, as everyone's characters would be dead. And if the thread author wishes to retcon any of the random crap that happened while he was absent from the thread, such as a cure being made, or Nemesis appearing and Nero Angelo stopping him then going back to hell, I'm okay with that. Even so, this is far from a wish fulfillment character, which is the definition of a Mary Sue. So please do not fling any further accusations at me.))

Report on weapon: All pieces casted and shaped. Welded all of the framing. Just waiting now on parts to cool down for implementation. Began work on projectiles and searching for wiring. LOTS of wiring. Any found would be appreciated.

I also gather batteries from nearby cars, taking the wires with them.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-12-21 at 02:51 AM.
    This explains a lot.

i wake up on the roof, i must have fallen asleep while looking over the city.
    when i wake up, everything has changed.
    i hurry downstairs and ask Laurcus what has happen, after he have explained to me what have happend, i become quiet for a bit.
    i tell him that IF the millitary for some reason would not listen to what we said, i would go on a almost sucide mission.
    doing the old saying 'The best defense is a good offense'
    i would attack the millitary base myself. it most likely being under attack of zombie also, i should have a good chance to atleast delay them for a while.
    i had a plan how to do it, but for now i wait to see what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    After being a nomad in the cities high rise buildings I emerge and try to leave town, having to skewer soldiers with my large supply of jurry rigged crossbow bolts.When i reach the border of the city I find an army humvee and use it to escape leaving the city.

I return to base carrying a monstrous rifle with a barrel about 3 inches in diameter and as everyone is looking at what I made I simply say "Watch this", hook it up to a car battery, mount it on the hood of a car, and fire a shot at the wall of a building. After a delay of about a tenth of a second, Nothing is heard but a quiet series of clicks from behind. Any in front hear the supersonic crack of the bullet flying through the air. The wall nearly completely shatters leaving a hole at least a foot in diameter. I smile and head inside with it and mount it on a window.

The ammunition can be made out of scrap steel, and right now we can simply power it with car batteries. I brought the casts I used to make the ammunition, but I need to bring back a smelter from the steel factory if I want to make more at the apartment.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-12-21 at 01:36 PM.
    This explains a lot.

Still amazed by what BoomChickn made i go start to look closer on the wall.
    only thing that could make me more amazed at the movement, was if something living were to stand up again after being hit by it.
    im glad that i am on same side as BoomChickn. If he was able to do that by himself, i don't wanna be his enemy.
    and i don't even dare to think of what he could make with a team helping him out

I leave our apartment again to head back to the metalworking facility, I have an idea to fit the glass shells filled with the cure inside one of the bullets used in my (from now on) so called "hand cannon". There would be much less magnetic material with the shells, limiting power and range, but since it is a biological, not a physical payload, that amount of power isn't needed.

Breaking shit with pure force, who needs explosives when you can get well over two hundred pounds of force in a single shot on the receiving end?

Also, if the others want more of these cannons made I would need steel, aluminum (or stainless steel), and copper (Silver preferred if you can find it) in roughly 60:30:10 weight ratios.

(Out of story, I feel manofmagic and I are the only ones keeping this thread alive atm )
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-12-21 at 11:15 PM.
    This explains a lot.